New Files

Miscellaneous Files » Extra Features Patch

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Extra Features Patch

Author File Description
CheeZy
(id: CheeZy monkey)
CheeZy's AOM Features patch.

[This patch will not affect multiplayer connectivity or cause any issues online or in single player]

To INSTALL:
Place the user.cfg and user.con file in the STARTUP folder in the AOM directory
C:/Program Files/Microsoft Games/Age of Mythology/startup

This patch adds new features and handy tidbits to AOM (mainly the scenario editor)

Heres a list of what it ads

----

Gameplay:

-You can now zoom in more.
-You can rotate buildings in normal games now! Press Shift and rotate the mousewheel to rotate a building when placing it on the map
-Fixes the 2,4 error in most occasions. If you are still getting the error it's because you have too many .zls files built up in your directory or you're trying to upload stats from a previous version of AOM.

Look at this thread for more information and help fixing the 2,4 error
( http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=1,8749,0,all )

Editor:

-Press f6 to toggle blackmap
-press f7 to toggle fog of war

-When positioning a unit, press Ctrl+up/down to rotate the unit upwards (flip it)
when positioning a unit, press s/d to rotate a unit sideways (make it lay down)

----

Read the attatched readme for more information

http://dgdn.net

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Leif_Eriksson_ i downloaded it and put it in startup file... then started aom and it would not work. you use S/D and ctrl up/down to rotate them correct? well it did not work for me. did i do anything wrong?

[Edited on 02/28/04 @ 12:23 PM]

simonrules same problem happened to me and i cant find the new stuff in the editor
zoradude5 What version of AOM do you guys have? I have AOM, but messing around with it isn't helping much.
stephenss111 it is easy just go into move object and try there it works 5/5 Chezzy
EmpressTigra I downloaded it and installed it because of the ability to raotate the buildings, but now when I go online and play a multiplayer game, I get a Sync error because of this. Did this happen to anyone else? And if so, how do you fix it?

[Edited on 06/20/04 @ 06:09 AM]

CheeZy
File Author
This is due to a recent ES official patch, you'll have to go in the file (with notepad) and remove the lines related to maximum zoom and minimum zoom ammount.
KillerMapmaker10 when i downloaded it when i tried to extract the files onto my game but it said it was invailid probably because it dosent want me putting in files onto another disk. please do help if you can, or its just that aom has a self security file that dosent allow file transfer anyways it seems to work with other games so please reply soon!
simonguyen can you make a new version of this to work with the latest patch since i want to play the game without sync errors online
CheeZy
File Author
Unfortunately, no. ES specifficaly created a patch to not allow mofifications like this to AoM (amongst others namely vulnerabilities introduced by the Editor Mods) to prevent cheating. I can't do anything about it if ES blocks my mods. However you can still use this in single player, and amongst other things the new tidbits it brings to the editor are the most helpful.

edit - actually come to think of it, I think its only the zooming that ES blocked. Just open the user.cfg file and remove the "minzoom" and "maxzoom" lines, safe, and you should be fine.
WetsTheBed How do I acccess that program!? It says windows cannot view that file! So please can i dl something on this website?
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:8,924
Favorites: [Who?]3