New Files

Design Hints, Tips, and Tutorials » Town Design Guides

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Town Design Guides

Author File Description
Archaeopterix
File Details
Version: AoM
This ZIP archive contains two high quality guides.

The City Guide explains how to create a realistic plan in a broad sense. The Town Center Guide on the contrary zooms in to the detailed town center.

The two guides combined provide a great source of knowledge unmissable to any Age of Mythology (or The Titans) scenario designer.

Suggestions through the forum.
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Anastasoulis
Rating
Rating: 5
like the man says, it's got it all - including a kitchen sink and a coffee machine to enjoy your esspresso while building your AoM town.

Additional Comments:
A long time ago, I argued with Ancient Wings about this town design matter, arguing that the ancient Greeks and Egyptians to a point, followed the Hippodameian (Hippodamus=a greek guy considered the father of architecture) system. This design can be seen even today in North American cities, it's the market/governement square in the middle and the design of the city is a crisscross of perpendicular streets.

I suggest that we all DL his guide, cause it's great material and not only for AoM (hint, hint)

regards
Archaeopterix
File Author
Ah yes, I remember that discussion. Thanks !
Bull3t AoM
Rating
Rating: 4.5
I like it, although I personally think that it would be better, and maybe easier to follow if you had done it in an AoM cinematic, but Microsoft Word is fine.

Additional Comments:
I'm not so keen on these type of cities ( buildings ontop of buildings ) simply because it doesn't really look that attractive if you are making it to be used by the Player.

But for cinematics it can make a small town look like a huge city.

[Edited on 12/07/05 @ 12:10 PM]

Archaeopterix
File Author
A subtile version of it does look good, also for playable parts where the player walks through it. But thanks for the comments! A cinematic, yeah that would be cool.
arkantos327 so i just started d/l this and i hope it will be good.
Nerbod
Rating
A great guide, very usable and the tool to get rid of high unlikely villages. I will use it too, and i suggest evry editor does so

Additional Comments:
I don't have complaints, just a question to the maker: do you play the Elders Scrolls? Because on the official Elder Scrolls forum, there'sa moderator with the same name...
vlaaming
Rating
it helped me much but its still taking much time to make a town.
good job
first i gave it a 4.5 but that isint enouf

[Edited on 03/27/06 @ 10:32 AM]

Archaeopterix
File Author
Oh my... No I don't play elder scrolls.
loki_1
Rating
This was GREAT!

Additional Comments:
Good job this really helped me!
PIT_king4
Rating
very good job. simple yet descriptive. i never even thought about the development of a city over many years when i am designing maps. very impressive method of making the city look crowded

Additional Comments: thank you very much for making this. it will be a lot of help for me in my map designing
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:4,888
Favorites: [Who?]2