Single Player Scenarios » The Stolen Relic

Download File Post Review Post Comment

The Stolen Relic

Author File Description
Tsurgi_1337
File Details
Version: AoM: The Titans
Enjoy.
You play ra's followers trying to get it back.
To win this scenario, you must kill theris(the jackel hero)
Thanks for DLing. this is v 1.2, so feedback would be appreciated. also comments on how to improve.
Please consider this is my first ever time with the editor, and i did use triggers.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Leinadarcher
Rating
Breakdown
Playability2.0
Balance3.0
Creativity3.0
Map Design3.0
Story/Instructions3.0
Playability: 2
The Playability was just ok. I had not much room to build, and on the other side of the river i struggled to build as I was being attacked by Tough enemies which i could not fight off yet. I found that the team with Arkantos could attack me, but i could not attack his team (which made it slightly unfair) I ended up winning by holding all settlements, which shouldn't happen =p

Balance: 3
I couldn't really do much because the enemy was too strong to start off with. Also, lack of gold nearby me hurt as i could not produce any military units anymore. Same thing with wood. The food was nice, but i had to use the only gold i had for farms and the only wood i had for fishing boats.

Creativity: 3
It was a pretty creative scenario, but was mainly just kill the monster scenario. It would have been better if there were other things to do apart from killing monsters. Overall the creativity was ok.

Map Design: 3
Not bad i guess. Lack of Gold and wood made the game quite hard, if there were a bit more id have a better chance. Also, There should have been more room to build. I only managed to build a temple and 2 barracks before running out of room on side of the land. Not bad design, but maybe some different terrains could have been added.

Story/Instructions: 3
There was only a quick message at the top of the screen giving you a hint of what you need to do. If i had missed those messages I would have not known what to do. You could fix this by adding objectives so people can look at them if they miss\forget what they have to do.

Additional Comments:
Sorry for the lowish rating, but this game needs some fixing. Main things you gotta fix is the auto win by tc thingy, maybe make some more space to build, add a few more gold mines and wood and fix the problem where the enemy can attack you but you cant attack back at them. It was actually quite a fun game, so good job for keeping me entertained for 20 minutes :)
Tsurgi_1337
File Author
Thanks for reviwing! i will fix the settlements on map thing.. never occured to me.
Gun head To disable the auto win by tc you have to go to the scenario data in the editor and disable the set victory conditions.
Tsurgi_1337
File Author
I have disabled the victory conditions, but my objectgives dont show up. why?
Leinadarcher To put objectives in, go to the editor and look at the top where it has scenario. Click on that and select objectives. Hope this helps :o

Also, this is a very good scenario for your first time. Most people dont use triggers for there first scenarios, but you did - so well done ;)
Gun head Leinadarcher, you also have to use triggers for your objectives. There is an effect called objective, and you have to fill out the mission number and objective number.

Trigger Example:

Trigger:Active
Condition:Always
Effect:Objective

Tsurgi_1337
File Author
Update! v1.2: you now have more building room. you can convert a guardian(!) and the enemy is tougher. also, the guardian and its "protectors" are near your base. the guardian is NOT ENEMY WITH YOU! Objectives updated, and so is the victory conditions. enjoy
Leinadarcher I know that gun head. =P
Gun head Wow, you sure check your file alot. Most others only do it once a day. Okay for your first, newbie.

[Edited on 01/08/06 @ 04:25 AM]

Gun head Hey tsurgi, once you get the guardian, it's already too easy.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability2.0
Balance3.0
Creativity3.0