New Files

Modpacks » Slavic Myth Unit Preview

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Slavic Myth Unit Preview

Author File Description
skystrider
File Details
Version: AoM: The Titans
Included in the modpack are various Slavic myth units such as the Vila, Vodnik, Leshii, Simargl and Vkodlak.

Enjoy.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
MythicRuler
Rating
I can see you put a lot of time into this. It is excellent. Keep up the good work. I do have one question though: In model editing, how do you get the texture to fit properly? Whenever i make a unit-say a combination of an Fenris and a Nemeon lion- it replaces one of the textures so it looks all jumbled. Can you please help? i would really appreciate.

Anyway, great modpack.
crazydragon quote={In model editing, how do you get the texture to fit properly? Whenever i make a unit-say a combination of an Fenris and a Nemeon lion- it replaces one of the textures so it looks all jumbled. Can you please help? }

If I understand you , you have made a new model by combining Fenris and a Nemeon lion , correct ?

Most likely neither of the two textures will work, you will have two make a new texture from Scratch , this can be a lot of work trying to line up the texture with the model , you could start by opening one of the textures
up in Adobie Photoshop, or MS Paint . try adding patches of red ,yellow , green .ect , then convert it back to .ddt and put back in textures . load up your unite and see where the color is on the unite . then go back to Photoshop and move the texture around trying to get it closer to where you want it. then start thre proecss all over untill you get it right. I would try and get the face to line up first .

If you would be willing to help me with some work in Gmax I might be able to help you with this , I dont know much about changing models but Im good with textures

If you want to discuss this more my Email is crazydragon62040@yahoo.com

[Edited on 01/20/06 @ 05:01 PM]

skystrider
File Author
MythicRuler-
The way I stop the textures from screwing up was by giving the combine model a completely new model, then using the Unwrap UVW Map I reposition the texture so it fits over the model.
MythicRuler Thanks for the help guys. I appreciate it greatly.
MythicRuler Skystrider, i have one more question. In model editting, am i doing the correct thing by
1. do all the converting stuff, then get the head of the nemean lion, and delete the rest
2. save the file, not export
3. open fenris and delete all but body
4. save file agian not export
5. merge the two files

Also, when i merge it only saves one animation. How can i get it to save both?
skystrider
File Author
You actually have to Attach the two models, not just merge them. You Attach them by selecting one of the models, hitting the 'Attach' button, and hitting the other model.

If you don't have the 'Attach' button on your screen, you can right click on the toolbar, select 'Customize' and make a custom toolbar which includes the 'Attach' button.
MythicRuler I know, i merge then attach them. I understand that. It is after the attachment when the textures get messed up, and only one animation is active and working.
skystrider
File Author
If you want to make it so both models move the way they did before, you have to attach them frame to frame. It is the same process, except you do not import the models, you just leave them as a collection of frames, then save them.
MythicRuler Sry for all the questions, but could you please go into some detail on how to attach frames correctly? Thank you.
skystrider
File Author
Okay, first you import your first model so it looks like:
http://www.geocities.com/gazaareej/frames.jpg Do NOT run the MaxScript. Then you save it as a .gmax file.
Next you repeat with then next model. Import it, do NOT run the MaxScript, and then save it as well.
Then you merge the two saved .gmax files.
Notice that there is no 'Animated' object, just a bunch of objects that have names like 'Frame004'.
Now what you have to do is attach each Frame to its equivalent in the other model. Attach the 'Frame001's, the 'Frame002's, the 'Frame003's and so forth. Once this is done, you can import it using the MaxScript, and then export it.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:1,391
Favorites: [Who?]0