New Files

Single Player Scenarios » The Long Way Home

Download File Post Review Post Comment

The Long Way Home

Author File Description
I Love Bananas
File Details
Version: AoM: The Titans
This scenario hasn't got any clear storyline. You play as Ajax, who has been on holiday with his friend Achilles. On his way home, he will meet a lot of different people - some of them will want him to do something for them, others may ask him questions, some are just plainly annoying and others again simply want him dead for no particular reason.

You must get him home to win.

This scenario was made purely to provide entertainment to those who play. It's not by any means serious, unless you choose to look far beyond any intents or purposes possible. So there.
A preview version can be found at this link, and screenshots may be found here.

The last update was at the 28th of November, 2007.

NOTE: I've playtested the map, and it went fine and without problems. But if you find something not working, then report it to me and I'll see what I can do.

Regards, I Love Bananas
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
dwieeb The screenshots look good! I'll have to play and review :) or comment.. :P
I Love Bananas
File Author
Please do so :)
littlec7821 Playability: 4
pretty good... i got stuck at the sky passage after helping out all those guys at war; it woulndnt let me through for some reason, but other then that good

Balance: 5
good balance... i liked how if you see someone you dont automatically need to assume they want to fight you

Creativity: 5
nice... liked the idea, and again, some people wanted help or traded or something, not just fight

Map Design: 5
cool map

Story/Instructions: 4
someparts were confusing, couldnt get the sky passsage part, other then that good... hints were sometimes confusing though

Additional Comments:
nope

[Edited on 04/01/06 @ 07:22 PM]

I Love Bananas
File Author
Thank you for your review, could you try to elaborate it a bit more though? :)

But about the first Sky Passage, the hints says that you must garrison only Ajax or else you can't leave.
Mephiles
(id: Titan602)
It was fun playtesting ILB! Well done :D

You need to change the title to KDS: The Long Way Home

[Edited on 03/30/06 @ 03:36 PM]

I Love Bananas
File Author
Okay, I will do so. ;)
Citrus Caesar
(id: The Guarding One)
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.0
Balance4.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 3
The scenario varied in difficulty throughout, but there was not really an increasing level of difficulty as you progressed through it. The scenario kept me quite entertained throughout, which at the end of the day, is its aim! However, at times the scenario could be very difficult, especially at a certain large battle- the excess of your allies' units boxed yours in!
Whenever you go in a sky passage, the camera cut changed, but the map rotates with each new shot- that quite irritated me! That is why you got a three, which is okay!

Balance: 4
The battles were mostly fine- the large battle near Amanra's city (why did she kill her servant?!!?!) lasted a long time, and was enjoyable throughout. After a while though, there were to many ally units! Some of the battles were hard when you had just Ajax, especially the battle near the obelisk, which required a lot of micro- management. The battles in the desert were quite hard, especially as I had hardly any units. It is still a four though!

Creativity: 5
The storyline is not exactly too original, but the ideas such as the arena were good, and the humorous storyline helped bring this rating up. One improvement I would make would be to name some of the units with the "name change" trigger. This will give your characters a bit more personality. The map design had a distinct style, and a bit more smooth terrain with more natural objects will make the landscape more like an ES campaign's. A lot of creativity though, so it is a five.

Map Design: 4
I can see that a lot of work has gone into creating a large map, although the terrain strictly contrasted at points- you don't usually get a desert just over the hill from an ice- filled land. It was quite clear where you had to go along the road, but, may I say, it was TOO hilly. The road seemed like hills with road terrain pasted over it! The rest of the map was good though. The cities were good with their walled entrances with guards and similar.
That is why I gave you a four!

Story/Instructions: 5
There was a lot of supposed humour within the scenario, such as the mysterious dead dog, which helped make the scenario more playable and it made you want to play on.
Normally, I am used to a big blue message box, complete with flared mini-map and “new_objective” sound- perhaps your new method could be improved. At certain times I was not certain what to do! The majority of hints were helpful, with good English. Perhaps the humour and spelling brought your rating up to five!

Additional Comments:
There was a certain priest who tries to sell you a certain myth unit (Don't want to give too much away!) but if you refuse his original offer, you cannot attempt to buy this unit again. And I really wanted it!
The question springs up- how on Earth did Ajax get to Achilles when the road is full of enemies?!!?!

[Edited on 04/02/06 @ 05:53 AM]

I Love Bananas
File Author
Thank you for your review, I appriceate it. :)
Annabellalot Hello I Love Bananas

Not sure why, but the game freezes every time I go to see the Defense Leader at the gate (collected food, wood, gold for Ag) I know I can just not bother to do the running around bit but wondering why? Thought it was because I bought some amour from my old mate Bigbeard, but tried again without doing so, same problem. Any ideas? Otherwise think it quite a fun little piece!
I Love Bananas
File Author
It does? I had that problem while playtesting, but I got it working again. I don't know what the problem could be...

I suggest you to not accept Aganemnon's tasks. Then you'd have no problems, if you buy armor and train first.

[Edited on 04/17/06 @ 07:22 AM]

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.5