Author File Description
Wadinator
File Details
# of Players: 4
Version: AoM: The Titans
=============
QUICK SUMMARY
=============
Using the units that spawn at your base, try to destroy the palaces of the other players, while protecting your own.
=================
SCREENSHOTS *new*
=================
1) Your base - http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j233/Wadinator4/?action=view&current=Yourbase.jpg
2) Unit Selection - http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j233/Wadinator4/?action=view&current=Oldman.jpg
3) The main battle field - http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j233/Wadinator4/?action=view&current=MainbattleFieldjpeg.jpg
=================
INSTALLATION
=================
To install this scenario, place the .scx file in your
1) my docs/ my games/ aom/ scenario folder and the
2) program files/ microsoft games/ aom/ scenario folder
To Uninstall, just delete the file from the above locations.
====================
SCENARIO DESCRIPTION
====================
This scenario is a different take on maps like Norse Wars and Archer Wars, with several main changes. Instead of getting resources by killing others, you get a stream of resources by holding the plenty vaults around the map. Gold controls the amount of units you receive. As you kill more units, your level increases and better soldiers are available for you to recieve.(more on that later)

To pick the type of soldiers you wish to spawn at your base, simply move the old man in the corner to one of the statues. There are three statues, referring to the three main types of units. (ie Infantry, Cavalry, and Archers ) All players begin by getting infantry. Throughout the game, you are free to move your old man to change between infantry, cavalry, and archers.

As you get more kills, you will advance through the levels up to level 6:
Level One - weak human units
Level Two - stronger human units with the copper armory upgrades
Level Three - stronger human units with the medium soldiers upgrades
Level Four - stronger human units with the bronze armory upgrades
Level Five - stronger human units with the heavy soldiers upgrades
Level Six - strongest human units with the iron armory upgrades and champion soldiers upgrade

At the risk of giving away too much, let me explain a few of the more random events. God Powers are received by all players at specific time intervals. For example, all players recieve Bronze at 2 minutes into the game. At every 10,000 food, after the first 20,000, you will recieve a TITAN to help you.

IMPORTANT SIDE NOTE: ALL PLAYERS MUST BE ORANOS. This makes the map more fair since no cultures have speed advantages or timeshifting abilities, etc.

Lastly, have fun. If you have any questions, email me at writchie4@hotmail.com or post a comment here at aomheaven. Remember, this is my first map so don't jump down my throat if you find mistakes.
=============
UPDATED STUFF
=============
1) Used only human soldiers to make game more balanced.
2) Added objectives
3) Added soldier improvements with the level-up process
4) Moved plenty vaults so they cannot be taken before palace is destroyed
5) Palace has more hitpoints
6) Titan has less hitpoints and attack
7) Titans are received later in game
8) Changed unit progression so that later units are strong vs. titan (greek uniques with beast slayer are last level)
9) Fixed the objective menu so it is nicely sorted and you can read everything
10) Fixed the bug where the boulders protecting the plentys would not disappear once the palace was destroyed.
11) Changed the order/number of granted god powers.
12) Added an opening cinematic.
13) Gave all calvary a bonus attack vs. the THROWING AXEMEN. (thanks slayerm11)
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Out Reach
(id: newreach268)
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.0
Creativity3.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions3.0
Playability: 4
yeah its good fun, no problems there, a nice blood map, and very fast pasted. as the game progresses it becomes more stratigic, as players are forced to defend not only the middle but the dead players bases.

Balance: 4
a pritty well balanced game, however a titan earlyer than all the other players wins the game. maybe lower its crush attack so it does less damage to buildings.

Creativity: 3
there are a lot of blood maps out there so nothing new here. however the plentys provide a different stratigic way of playing blood so not all bad.

Map Design: 4
a nice map with stratigic hill in centre with rings, nice terrain, in general a really nice part of the map.

Story/Instructions: 3
how do you explain bloods? dont ask me. atleast there are now good ingame instructions, so most people can easily pic this game up.

Additional Comments:
a good try for a blood map. Always nice to have a dessigner willing to lern :D

[Edited on 04/13/06 @ 12:05 PM]

Wadinator
File Author
hey newreach268,

Firstly, thanks for the rating. I'll definately change the old men stats as well as the ownership and or placement of the statues.

How do you suggest changing the balance so that it is still competitive during the later levels? Are the ending archers too powerful or are they just good because they can kill the old man? Myth unit vs heroes progression? I see your point but I'm at a loss for an idea on how to fix it. Also, when you say there are no in-game instructions, do you want an objective with directions or did you have something different in mind? Any suggestions welcome.

UPDATE: I'm having trouble figuring out how to move and resize the plenty vaults since they are invoked using a Gaia GP at the beginning of the game. If anyone has any ideas, please share.

I appreciate the advice and will update the file soon with the changes.

[Edited on 04/26/06 @ 07:40 PM]

Out Reach
ahh yes sorry

right

balance troups - use troups upgrading slowly, but stick with human troups completly. that way no team gets OP beyond belief. or you could have each team get a line of armour upgrades every 50 kills. that way there troups upgrade slowly, but not so stronly they can still be countered.

plentys - may have to change the map slightly. right either move the palaces forwars and invoke behind (however still has conversion issues, or the less beuitiful way.

enlarge the map, then along the new edge created place several plenty vaults. now next to them have a building of some kind, a house would be good. now inside the palaces place a goat or a cow, but modify them on every team to have 0 speed and infinate health. then add triggers so that the player who owns the goat or cow owns 2 plenty vaults. that way they can still be contested but are clearly owned by set team till destroyed :D.

finally yes, add a cleer set of ingame objectives in the objectives banner, it will help everyone :D

[Edited on 04/11/06 @ 11:15 AM]

Wadinator
File Author
****OK NEW MAP UPLOADED****

Thanks for clarifying your issues with the map. I've uploaded a new version with the changes made.

This upload should fix the problems previously stated. Take a look at it and get back to me. I'd love to hear if the newer file is any better than the first. Thanks in advance.

[Edited on 05/29/06 @ 12:03 PM]

Out Reach
maps alot better now. Ive edited my review. (so read that)
Big pat I agree with newreach268. You should lower the titans attack and get it later in the game. Overall it is a great map!

[Edited on 04/13/06 @ 02:11 PM]

Wadinator
File Author
Oh yeah, sorry about that. I forgot that titans would be a lot harder to beat without heroes and myth units from the old version. I'll lower the titan's attack and make them cost more food.
Out Reach
another option, change the last lvl of troups to the 3 greek unique units. then give them the beast slayer tec. that way there strong vs the titan :D.
Wadinator
File Author
******NEW FILE UPLOADED******

Sorry for the delayed response. I've put in many of the changes requested.

NEW STUFF: Added a better description of blood maps in objectives and changed it so once a player dies, the boulders blocking his plentys also are destroyed, leaving them open to be contested by other players.

Let me know what you think.

[Edited on 04/21/06 @ 02:27 PM]

slayerm11 well i dont know if you've heard this or not but uh.....axemen are counted as infraty,therefore they dont die as fast as archers by cavlary, i was think makin them as weak toxites,and when you get them as lvl up they beocme normal attack(i recmond attack like 5 or 6 snice milita are not very storng)

(please forgive any spellin mistakes, im not typing good today)

[Edited on 04/22/06 @ 12:54 PM]

Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0