http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=5422

*******DOWNLOAD THE TWO TOWERS HERE**********

http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=9899

Check out the youtube trailer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdgnh7Vzlo8

*****AWARDS*****

Winner of 'Best Campaign' January 2007
Winner of 'Best Modpack' January 2007

The Modders and Mappers of the Liquid Fire Studios: Legends of the Third Age Team Proudly Present....

THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING

For over 2 years, the Legends of the Third Age team have been working to re-create the first installment of Tolkien's classic Lord of the Rings trilogy in AoM. In this long-awaited campaign, the player follows the adventures of the nine members of the Fellowship in their quest to destroy the One Ring. The scenarios are made to the highest quality by some of the best designers in the community, and will lead the player from the sweeping rural hills of the Shire to the deepest depths of Moria to the wooded ruins of Amon Hen. Complex map design and amazing eye candy will keep gamers coming back simply to watch the brilliantly created cinematics. Even more fantastic is the completely original soundtrack created by a true genius at his craft. From Rivendell to Mordor, Legends of the Third Age: The Fellowship of the Ring brings Middle-Earth alive like never before.

Aside from the excellent scenarios, The Fellowship of the Ring boasts what may be the largest and most expansive modpack in Age of Mythology history. Each weapon is authentic, and gamers will feel the fires of the Balrog and hear the crack of Gimli's axe. Each face of each hero is authentic and detailed, as is every structure in the many exotic Middle-Earth locales. The mods were made by legends in the Age of Mythology community, and the quality does show.

The Fellowship of the Ring has features such as:

- The world of J.R.R tolkein created in AoM for the first time!
- 12 beautiful maps, pain-stakingly made to the finest quality by some of the best Age of Mythology mappers out there.
- The largest and most detailed modpack ever created in AoM!
- Original and never before seen game play.
- Extensive and professional sound track.

Credits:

Project Founder: Coolsk8r

Project Lead: EazY_Ben
Lead Scenario Designer: Guardian Of Isis
Lead Modder: Dnas
Public Relations: Zeus174

Designers:
- Guardian Of Isis
- Deianeira (BlueDragon27)
- EazY_Ben (EaZy)
- Blackhunter
- Razzia
- Myst

Modders:
- FlipBizcut (1979-2005)
- Dnas
- Coolsk8r
- Antisback
- Waveslave610
- Stephen Caines
- Guardian Of Isis
- King Jared
- Sjouke
- Daemon Crudelis
- Dude12345

Playtesters:
- casper15
- DeadHead
- Oscar
- Guardian of Isis
- Deianeira (BlueDragon27)
- EazY_Ben (EaZy)
- RiderOfEternity

Musicians:
-Msc Mixer

Big thanks to Ykkrosh for creating the BAR loading mod, of which this project makes extensive use of.
http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=3457

**This project is dedicated to the late, great Flipbizcut (1979-2005).**

===IMPORTANT===
When installing, you extract the extractor to your AOM INSTALL FOLDER,
not the folder you downloaded the file to.
Your AoM install folder is C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology\.
It is NOT My Documents\My Games\Age of Mythology.
If you extracted incorrectly,and re-extracted, you must run the
lta.exe inside the AoM folder, NOT the one created from the
mis-extraction.
Please do not pester us about something not working if you did not
extract to the AOM INSTALL FOLDER.
If you are getting an error about rockalldll.dll, you have not
extracted it properly.

*****PATCH NOW OUT!!!*****

Download here:

http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=5422
Pages: « First « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Urgwaine
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance4.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 5
I certainly like this campaign, everything worked fine, so that gives you a good feel already. First I thought you would keep it as close as the books as possible. But the riddles made it exciting and not just LotR. With this I mean you will have more play-fun because you don't only have those few moments wich you can convert to game. That's why I liked Rivendell so much.

Balance: 4
Most of the maps were balanced, although in Escape from the Shire there were simply to many enemies for the hobbits wich couldn't regenerate, it took way to much times to try, wich made this one together with Moria(where the archers just killed you every time, I had to take them out 1 by 1)a bit frustrating. But lvls like Caradras and Flee to the Fort were way to easy, you could just hack through enemies, regen, and go to the next enemie. Although the riddle in the Forest kept you busy for some time. I really wanted to give you a 5 for this one but I can't do that if it's only worth a 4,3 , it's a pity you can't give ratings with decimals.

Creativity: 5
You have been very creative with the scenarios, I did not expect this. All those quests really added a lot to this campaign. So did your mods, but without, this would be very good too, although they really extended the feel and seperated it from the other LotR campaigns!

Map Design: 5
I think these maps had high quality, although for some things, like the automatons at Amon Hen (to hide in the trees)could be replaced be more forested things like berry bushes, or just click the tree. I was really glad when I saw that there was not the regular eyecandy(add road-edges etc.) this would definitely ruin some missions. The way you designed the Shire really made me happy because it felt so real! Rivendell was pretyy cool too, but I think it could use some more watter in it, because the bridge was really awesome, Moria was wel designed too, The great hall was really impressive. When I saw all those culloms I really lost reality for a moment.

Story/Instructions: 5
The story was good, I don't mean Tolkien's work, what's really a masterpiece, but how you made it come to live. Both Instructions and Hints were done in a very well way, and it was really helpfull important messages, were messaged in both ways.

Additional Comments:
Keep up the good work! And if you will balance The Two Towers a bit better than Fellowship of the Ring, I can give you a 5 rating :)

I played this campaign with the patch

[Edited on 08/03/06 @ 02:05 PM]

Yoh3 Hi

I dont know if anyone of you had the problem I have because I didnt read your comments.Anyway I have a little favor I want to ask you...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GIVE ME THAT STUPID PASSWORD THAT I NEED TO CUT THE LAST TREES ON THE "FLIGHT TO THE FORD" MAP!!!!!!!!PLEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAASSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Urgwaine RingWraiths
;)
Guardian Of Isis @pjoynt420: The Last of the Atlanteans is for AoM vanilla, right? Either way, I think you can play both without any trouble. I'd backup all of your mods and stuff, though; just in case.
XxStevenLexX I'm really impressed with your work. The non regenerating hobbits in "Escape the Shire" really got me mad, but then I downloaded your patch and got through it in 2 tries. This is really good stuff, and definately worth downloading. I highly recommend it. I'll give you a review as soon as I'm done with the whole campaign ^_^
Silent_Bobcat
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance4.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 5
I thought the entire campaign was brilliant. Not only did you incorporate rpg elements and side quests into it, you also incorporated strategy. Making sure Legolas is higher than evry1, choosing which hero to use for certain situations, and the puzzles were very enjoyable. The one in the flight to the ford was a thinker.

Balance: 4
This i had a bit of a problem with. The hobbits did not regenerate and I often found myself having to do things over and over b/c my hobbits kept dying. mebe u should also add a few more healing options.

Creativity: 5
No doubt this is one of the most creative campaigns I've ever seen. You really managed to bring the movie version of the story to life. But still no Tom Bombadil :(. But aside from that, i thought it was very creative. you can tell that you put alot of work into this. (I also like the sounds of the heros, nice touch)

Map Design: 5
This was probably one of the best catagories. The map was elaborate and beautiful. u really made me feel like i was in the world that is Middle-Earth. What was interesting were the detours leading up to the famous scenes (like the fight in Balin's tomb). Most ppl would just do the famous scenes and not have anything leading up to it; it was very well done.

Story/Instructions: 5
Well, i don't have to say anything about the story, it's Tolkein, it's fabulous. The instructions were VERY helpful. Not once did i find myself lost or confused; except a few times when the message instructions went too fast. You might want to fix that. The flares were very helpful and lasted a long time, which was great. You did a fantastic job!

Additional Comments:
Give yourselves a pat on the back, you have outdone yourself on this. By far the BEST lotr mod I have ever seen. Keep up the good work! I can't wait for Two Towers!

[Edited on 08/13/06 @ 12:04 AM]

Guardian Of Isis YAY! Now that's what I call encouraging. ;-)
Oasis129 WOW!!! fabulous! Amazing job! one of the best campaigns with which I have played!(perhaps it is the best) the only glitch is that it is a bit difficult for me. Anyway it is a amazing campaign! I wait for the two towers! when we can play with the two towers? :)

[Edited on 08/15/06 @ 05:57 AM]

Guardian Of Isis As soon as possible, we hope. [wink] Most of the mods for TTT are finished; I think we still need to borrow the flying Nazgûl and huge Mûmakil from Stephen Caines. Other than that, I can't really think of much.

It's boiling down to maps now, which are roughly at 60% or probably more. :-)
RiderOfEternity Wow thank you for all the great reviews :)
Pages: « First « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.2
Balance4.1
Creativity4.9