New Files

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Risk

Author File Description
Shrink
File Details
# of Players: 6
Version: AoM: The Titans
RISK is a scenario is which you are randomly allocated 4 'bases' across a three-island map. The bases are made up towers and either a barracks, archery range, or military-barracks, depending on what civilisation you play as. A number of bases also have docks.

The object of the game is to capture all 24 bases scattered around the map and destroy all of your 5-enemies' units.
All units cost 1 wood and you are granted 10 wood every 60 seconds. However, you cannot exceed 20 wood so it's best not to try and stockpile.
All civilisations can build all unit types.
From the barracks, you can build slingers.
From the archery range, you can build toxotes.
From the military-barracks, you can build arcae.
From the counter barracks, you can build cheiroballistae.
From the dock, you can build triremes and transport ships.

The units are roughly equal, and bonuses (such as the slingers bonus vs all archers) are fully removed.
All units cost 1 population (except for ships) and your population cap depends on how many bases you own. (10 pop per base).

God powers: You have 10 Spider Lairs, 10 Shockwaves, 3 Pestilences and 1 Ceasefire.

After the first few minutes of relative mayhem, Risk slows down into a fairly long game of set pieces and plans. Because of towers, the defense always have an advantage over attackers so go into battle prepared: make sure you have an escape route (wasting units is not advised); try to have a shockwave or pestilence and set spider traps everywhere. The most effective strategy is surprise - attacking from one direction and then bringing in another 30-50 units to the back is very effective, as are beach landings.
Winning just one battle during the late-game phase can turn the tide of war, depending on the tactics your enemy utilised and how units were wasted on both sides.

Because the entire map is fully revealed, it is advisable to keep an eye on the mini-map so you can anticipate enemy assaults and even avoid spider traps.

Beware of the attrition war - throwing countless armies into an enemy is useless and while it is acceptable to take equal casualties, it is best to pull armies out of the slaughter if the fight is not an easy win.

When you have just one base remaining, do not give up. As every player is granted the same 10 wood each turn, and as every player has a real pop cap, it is not unheard of for a player to come back into the game from near defeat and eventually win.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Girbil_championz I hope this map is cool. it sounds like it.
Shrink
File Author
And I hope you like it. :)

It's fairly simple and has thus far had a great reception over ESO.

[Edited on 04/26/06 @ 06:04 PM]

Girbil_championz hey pimpin map i played and awsome stratagey most people quit because they got bored only the experienced players stayed
Shrink
File Author
Thanks.
It'd probably be best if you redownload though, because I've updated the file with a couple of bugs fixed.
General Phereo How'd you come up with this were you board and playing a game of risk. Sounds really Sweet
Archaeopterix *reviews it 5.0/5.0*
You're in my opinion the very best multiplayer scneario designer. You invented new yet fun gameplay types in The Forgotten Lands, Heroines and now Risk. And I know how hard that is because without you I recently created a rubbish multiplayer scenario. As you most probably know. Wanna create one together with me again? :P
slayerm11 this map is nice and great tactis i even had to play this for at-least 3 hours to kill 1 guy!(dont ask how long the game acutlly took plz)
SwordStorm Great game but I always seem to get the noobs that don't know what AoM:TT is... o_O

And so they dn't have it and its all

A player has disconnected blahblahblah...

Am i just stupid or something?
Archaeopterix Make sure, when hosting, that you immediatly kick the people that don't say "hello" on entering (or "hi", or "hey" of course :p). It works for me :) And put the nice guys in your friends list.
Kill_Power The Game toook 4ever to win

i has beeen play it b4

capture stuff OMG..

i play like 1 hours boring and i quit

play 4 ever
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account