CRC-COLOSSEUM

Author File Description
sweetname
File Details
# of Players: 2-4
Version: AoM: The Titans
CRC_zsrjegfuie Presents:

COLOSSEUM

The scenario is free-for-all, round-based style compatible with 2-4 players.

Before each round begins (60 second countdown) players select an army (by standing on an adjoining pad) with an "inside" runner and fight over god powers (by controlling plenty vaults) with an "outside" runner.

Rounds are conducted randomly on three separate (and differently designed) arenas.

The round ends when units from only one player's army remain. The game continues until one player wins a total of five rounds.

Attaining kills unlocks more armies and upgrades units.

Featuring over 300 optimized triggers (messages, intro cinematic, sound, music, quest variables, armies, forbidden units, and more) and literally flawless map design. Fully playtested.

YOU CAN'T AFFORD TO MISS THIS ONE!

Brought to you by the CRC clan. We play, we design...randomly.

Go to the release thread for more information and screenshots!

http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=13,23024,30,10
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Kill_Power Nice Map.
sweetname
File Author
Thanks man.

If anyone would being willing to write out a review it would be much appreciated. I'd really like some more publicity!
adam2014 Playability: 5
Fantastic playability. Separated into rounds, which makes the game much more enjoyable.

Balance: 5
Excellent; lots of strategy and countering, some GP management.

Creativity: 5
Pretty creative; not just your standard "units spawn, go kill stuff" scenario.

Map Design: 5
Well thought-out, symmetrical, complex map. Several different 'arenas' crammed onto the map, but it doesn't feel crowded at all.

Story/Instructions: 5
A good cinematic lets you know what to do. No worries here.

Additional Comments:
Awesome scenario.

[Edited on 06/09/06 @ 01:45 PM]

sdorey cool i like the arenas! but when someone gets to levle 3 the others player never win!
sweetname
File Author
Now sdorey, I know that's not true. Having played my own scenario countless times I can assure you all that it is very well balanced. There have been many times when I've gotten to level three well before others and yet lost the game.

The best tactic to counter someone who seems to be becoming too powerful is to team up on them. If you can't seem to get everyone to organize their attacks then run away from the powerful player's army and attack someone else until you have enough kills to compete again.
UnsungDemiGod Playability: 5
I could play this game all day long! This is one of the better scenarios I've played. One of the things I enjoy about colosseum is that there is more than one arena that you can fight in, making it more diverse/strategic for gameplay, since it's randomized.

I don't think anyone can disagree that the balance between the various armies works well to keep a solid game play in order to disallow the overuse of more than one unit or group of units (armies).

TIGHT! That's all I can say about this, it's tight gameplay for fast action.

Map Design: 4.8
I'd almost say flawless, but I have to leave room for the progammer to make even better scenarios, I'm looking out for the next one to come!

Story/Instructions: 5
The beginning cinematics complement the scenario so that it's clean, crisp and gives a good overview of what's important in this map. Just in case some of the more impatient players decide to ignore the cinematic the objectives provide a coherent overview of the main rules.

Additional Comments:

GREAT SCENARIO! The next Bloodsport/Mythodea.

[Edited on 07/02/06 @ 10:46 AM]

Kill_Power UnsungDemiGod

so your first review and your first post coment on aom heaven.

nice rating, but kind a short.

i know this because i check your account.

i also same the same to

~~~Killing spree map~~~ and LaSer Quest
GK_beastslayer Nice map! i played it 7 times and i never lost it.
UnsungDemiGod Is there any way that you can release a version without the flaming weapons? I've seen a couple of games in which one player dominates the others by waiting until the final rounds in order to use his remaining flaming weapons.
AdZyZ
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Playability: 4
The game plays fluently. You have enough time to select an army of units, and the gameplay is quite fun.
Unfortunately, there are a few bugs that can affect gameplay, but some of these will be addressed in future. Even so, most of the bugs are very minor.

The game is balanced between all players. You have done well to balance the armies out without modifying any of the units. That in itself is a great effort. Unfortunately, some were slightly better than others, but thats all part of learning the game. I almost gave you a 4, but the god power/army deploy location negatives counter each other, making it fair.

The map is very creative, and a completely new style of gameplay. To best describe it, it's a mix of bloodsport and mythodea, but still quite different.
There are 3 different playing fields, all with different characteristics to the last one.
Selecting an army of units is also an interesting way to play.

Map Design: 4
The map design is clear and creative. No natural terrain is used, and it looks great. It's clear-cut, and is a pleasure to look at. There are 3 main battlefields, along with an army selection area and a runners track.
The only reason why you didn't get a 5 is because sometimes units get cramped in between narrow pathways.

Story/Instructions: 4
Instructions were minimal, but this did not matter, as it is a very clear scenario. Elaborate instructions are definently not needed. The first time I played I was slightly confused at first, but I got the hang of it a couple of rounds in.

Additional Comments:

I'm glad there is no opening cinematic, as the map does not require it. It's easy to understand, and great to play. It is versatile enough to be played by newbies or experts.
I like how the units are selectable in preset armies, each shown clearly.

It's definently worth the download.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.3