Town Militia

Author File Description
Weed Basket
(id: Baske)
File Details
# of Players: 5 (4 + 1 CPU)
Version: AoM: The Titans
Town Militia,

A game that involves a whole lot of fighting. So for the fans of fighting, this is THE game for you!
You don't have to bother gathering those recources that just stall the progress and are a real pain for the large battles. You simply move your Old man over a unit you want to use in battle, and BAM! There it is, all combat-ready!

What is the game about? Yes, it also have a really nice storyline in it, and not to mention the eyecandy, there's a stunning fortress located in the centre of a burning city. The game will explain you the entire story ;) All you have to do, is click that download button. And when it's done:

Extract the Town Militia.scx to My Documents/My Games/Age of Mythology/Scenario
Run the game, go to Multiplayer, log in, click Host, and there you go, host the game and play it with either your friends or anybody else!

One known issue, that couldn't be helped:
---------------------------------------------
At Level 1, you can choose Kataskopos (Scout) (the greek scout unit). It's stance is automaticly set to Passive. Which means it will NOT attack units. Pressing Alt+A sets their stance to aggressive.

Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Weed Basket
File Author

[Edited on 06/01/06 @ 11:18 AM]

Raider 11
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance4.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 5
I think the map was playable alright. You could oversee the map well and the map wasn't too large (I hate it when you have a huge map and it takes your units forever to reach their base).

Balance: 4
The units were balanced out pretty well I think. Now and then some unbalanced units, but when creating a mythodea-game, it's hard to get a good balance. Since most of it is just guessing. Also all the bases were equal, and every base had the exact same weaknesses and hard-points.

Creativity: 4
Making a mythodea-game isn't that hard. When you know the triggers of coarse. But making it the way Baske did is unique. He made a mythodea-game with a storyline in it, I have never seen that before. And not to mention he added eye-candy! But still, it wasn't completely new, since mythodea is a well-known game. So that's why I gave 4 points instead of 5.

Map Design: 5
I loved the map design. The way he created just the right atmosphere through lighting, snow, destroyed buildings and that really nice fortress is just amazing.

Story/Instructions: 5
I loved the story, and the way it was told. As if it had already happened, it was like a teacher was showing a film and was telling something when the movie was on. When I was watching the intro there were three things I thought:
1 This is a really nice cinematic!
2 How in the world did he come up with all this! Amazing!
3 The story actually makes sense! No nonsense about how the world was threatened by an evil anubite that just popped up out of nowhere...

And what I least expected was when the game was finished, you saw another cinematic, like the story simply continued. You don't often see that ;).

The instructions were completely understandable. I tried to think like a moron when I read the instructions, but even then I couldn't come up with any questions that are important to the game.

Additional Comments:
Some really tiny flaws. But defenitly worth the download. This map isn't like some RPG's or something that are only fun to play once. You can play it loads of times, without it getting boring. The outcome is always different in games like this ;).
Kill_Power Raider_11..is this your first times on aomh?

u rate the map to soon.are u sure u play this map carefully?

i will play it..if not like what u say..u are lie..

[Edited on 06/01/06 @ 06:43 PM]

Raider 11 did I rate it too soon? Is it my fault that I saw his topic in the forum, downloaded the game, played it, loved it, and waited for it to be added to the download section to post a review?
N if you don't like it, why should I lie? I DO like it, and I did my best to explain the minor flaws..

[Edited on 06/02/06 @ 07:14 AM]

Kill_Power if u like it then ok :P
Raider 11 You know, I loved the game the first time, the enemy team won though. Now I played it for a couple of times i've noticed some major bugs... The synarch team can't win as far as I've noticed (team 1), and some players can't upgrade to certain levels. Baske REALLY should work on this. And he better do it quick..

[Edited on 06/03/06 @ 05:01 AM]

Weed Basket
File Author
Yes, I noticed it too. I have did my best trying to solve the problem. And I've updated the file. It should be rid of bugs now. Contact me if any show up.
Dionysus18 I palyed on team one and i lost. I still think it was fair. Except the red team advanced so slowly. I was on level 8 and he had level 3. He was fighting just as much as i was.
Weed Basket
File Author
Then he must've been doing something wrong, because I'm sure the levelling system is the same for every team, think of it like this:
In the beginning you kill more than him, you level up 1 level and get stronger units, you fight together, but because you now have stronger units you will kill more than he will, that's why he will get lesser kills than you, which will mean a slower level-up for him.
mikkim its sequal ! i cant find it. its called The Grevestial War? right?
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.5
Balance4.0