Download File Post Review Post Comment

Danger in the Darkness

Author File Description
Weed Basket
(id: Baske)
File Details
# of Players: 4
Version: AoM: The Titans
Bloodmap with 4 players. Doesn't feature a lot of eye-candy, in fact, it doesn't have any eye-candy. I did that because now there will be no lag.

Teams can be decided by the host, doesn't really matter.

Features:
-----------------------------------------------
1 Every player has extremely fast build, research and training.

2 The map has been made symetrical, so everybody would have the same defensive, and offensive advantages. So the balance could only be disturbed if one player would be extremely stupid and the other smart.

3 Clear instructions, although what you have to do is simple.

4 I avoided using cinematics in this game, it would just take up time, this game doesn't need much introduction.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
AOMSQT well man you were right: its really symetric. but i played it multiplayer and it was a little boring coz you know... the battle was stuck in the way... the game last really long and then i had the super idea tu use transport ships...

keep up with good work ;)
Weed Basket
(id: Baske)
File Author
And that's exactly how I wanted it to be ;)
Raider 11
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.0
Balance5.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design2.0
Story/Instructions3.0
Playability: 3
The game was playable yes, but the narrow paths were choking points you couldn't get around. Yes, you had the rivers, but also there, the towers were pretty tough to get by. So the playability wasn't completely fantastic.

Balance: 5
The balance was great. Everybody had a dock, and a Town Center, equal recources, and 3 exits/entrances into/out of the base. Two paths and one river.

Creativity: 4
The bloodmaps I played so far you weren't able to build your own base, and you could do that here. But then again, it is possible in games like Trojan Wall. The reason I gave it 4 stars is because you don't have many games with unlimited recources and really close combat. The reason why I didn't give it 5 stars is because games like Trojan Wall sort of have the same system when it comes to recources.

Map Design: 2
The map wasn't really nice. I didn't give this 1 star because the paths still were straight, and the map was made symetrical. So he did pay attention to it. Although having played his former games (Canyon Battle and Town Militia), I know he can do a lot better.

Story/Instructions: 3
As he says (at the forum), a storyline is not included. Pity though, his storyline in Town Militia was really good. But then again, he added instructions, just to make sure everyone would understand. 3 points because of a lack of storyline, but he did add clear instructions.

Additional Comments:
This isn't top quality as Town Militia. But the game defenitly IS fun for bloodlovers. The games will last long, rushing in this game has been made nearly impossible due to fast build. And fast training... And researching :P. Don't think I can say this is a must-have, but neither can I say this is defenite NOT. Just download it, and see for yourself.
Looking forward to that mix of mythodea and RPG you're working on Baske! Keep up the good work, hope that game will blow me away :P

[Edited on 06/29/06 @ 04:12 AM]

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.0
Balance5.0