Browse Categories
New Files

Miscellaneous Files » Modding Made Easy

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Modding Made Easy

Author File Description
Alex
(id: pEpsIdUDe_123)
This guide will open up a world of possibilities for anyone interested in learning modding. You have probably already seen some great mods in the AOM or AOE3 download section, these are all examples of what you can do with modding. If you haven’t downloaded any mods, I would suggest downloading some good detailed mods for inspiration. Some of the good modders to keep an eye out for are Argalius, Moosefood, Tommyboy, and King Jared. If you have AOM, I would highly suggest downloading the best mod I know of, eXtinction’s I-39. This mod-pack will show you the wonderful textures and models you can make with determination and creativity.

The modding possibilities are a little narrower in AOE3. Age of Empires 3 lacks the option of making a new model for your mod and it doesn’t have any 2 dimensional objects to mod. But you can still make great texture mods.

AOM & AOE3 are both lacking modders. If you take a look at Heavengames, you will see many more scenario designers than modders. But, with a little practice, your mods will receive many downloads and some of the scenario designers will probably request a mod from you. Modding gives you a moment to shine.

Download this guide to began modding!
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Neko Magi Very nice, Pepsi! Not nessicarily a guide that will answer every questions, but it gets you on the right track. If you use this with other guides, you can really get a great head start to modding! Kudos to you Pepsi!
sdorey YAY I CAN FINALY MAKE A MOD
Alex
File Author
Thanks for the comments.
Neko Magi
Rating
Rating: 4.5
This is fairly detailed. It is a really good guide if you want to start modding. My suggestion to downloaders is to use this guide and then use 'An Introduction to Modding'. This guide will get you started and get you well off on your journey to modding and the second one will help you complete the mods and make them really shine. Very nice mod guide Pepsiedude_123/Cherub Alex.

[Edited on 09/10/06 @ 09:32 PM]

Alex
File Author
Thank you for the kind review. I think I did mention an 'Introduction to Modding' somewhere in the document though.
willtheoct um.... i unziped it and i think the file is corrupted. doesnt open when i double click on it (well it opens wordpad but wordpad cant open it) and i tried adobe reader and it doesnt work.
willtheoct Rating: 3
only texture modding

Additional Comments:
nvm i fixed the problem. but its only for texture mods. and since other ppl dont have the textures, would they see what i do?

[Edited on 10/07/06 @ 01:44 PM]

Alex
File Author
Yes, the guide is only forms of texturing. But that was described in the main post so you shouldn't have been expecting more. The guide is more of an intro to modding and when it's done, there are links to other guides to go to after you have gained the basic knowledge from my guide.

Other people would see your texture mods if you uploaded them to AoMH and the other people downloaded and installed those mods. Look in the Modpacks section for examples.

[Edited on 10/07/06 @ 01:44 PM]

papaya
(id: X_MOSS)
Staff
Review removed per request.
weedude dude your da bomb!
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password: