Handicapped: No
Shared Resources: No
Shared Population: No
Cheats Allowed: No
AoM Version: AoM: The Titans
Total Game Time: 30 mins
Player 1's Name: DalTXColtsFan
Player 2's Name: Upiter
I had a 4 to 2 TC advantage on Oasis over Zeus and I lost the game because my opponent was a better micromanager than me.
I had raided well (at least I *thought* so!) and had him backed up and built up a well-balanced (MU, priests, ellies, camels, archers and catapults) popped-out army with plenty of migdols AQing backup. While I was doing that he was spamming medusae. I was totally unafraid of the medusae because I had 8 nepthys FU priests but a) even with 8 priests it takes a long time to kill a medusa and b) he did a great job grabbing his medusae and running the second he saw my priests and microing everything he had, especially Bellephoron, onto my priests and even with everything else I had I couldn't stop him. I tried backing off and hitting him with 15 priests - same result - those *$(@$# medusae are hard to kill!!!!!!

I finally backed off and built a titan, but he came after me with his spammed MU army and then built a titan of his own, and I couldn't get to him to stop him. Of course, since he's Zeus all he had to do was attack my Titan with his and cast Bolt. GG.

I'm not too sure there was anything I could have done any better once he had those MU spammed. I didn't stop him from creating them in the first place - that's probably where the game was lost.

But as frustrating as it always is to have a 4 to 2 TC advantage and lose, it was still a fun game and I'll try to learn from it.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
No messages found

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:161
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:79.50 KB