Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Single Player Scenarios » " THE VANDHAAL vs KING JARED, or The Fight of the Immortals. "

Download File Post Review Post Comment

" THE VANDHAAL vs KING JARED, or The Fight of the Immortals. "

Author File Description
jml
File Details
Version: AoM
Bonjour,

This scenario, no longer available, has been updated here:

http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=5910
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Urgwaine *downloads*
Kronos29 I'm gonna download and rate.

With Regards,
Kronos 29
james607 ive just found out my speakers arnt working :S so i gave up watching when the einherjar was chopping up arkantos, i didnt have a clue what was going on :P

anyway, i like the textures and anim edits...

also, some people have it hard with these download times, 44 minutes! poor guys...

[Edited on 10/29/06 @ 02:17 PM]

The Vandhaal Great job JML :-)

I am honoured to play a part in the Regis Way saga

Also nice that you have managed to get this in such a small file..including all the voice acting and stuff.....only 9 mb...just takes a few seconds to download :-)

Be well Mon Ami and lets hope that the morons stay away with their stupid ratings

Best regards,
The Vandhaal

Kronos29 Nice to see, the vandhaal in AOMH!!! I idolize you V!! I'm gonna rate once I'm finished with it. So far so good! Nice work jml!!May I have your atograph vandhaal?

With Regards,
Kronos 29
Wolf123 Mmm..Who is really the best..King Jared or The V...

Thats a question that will never be solved.

Anyways im downloading, and I might rate after.
Alex
(id: pEpsIdUDe_123)
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Playability: 5
The cinematic was very playable. All of the camera tracks seemed to have ran smoothly. I liked how smooth the animations were, great job. I can only imagine how much time you spent playtesting since everything seemed to run perfect everytime. I just loved it!

Balance: 5
Well, balance couldn't have been too hard to perfect since there were only two guys fighting. :-) But, you did a great job with balance.

Creativity: 5
I'd give you a 6 in this category if that was possible. The scenario was beautiful and very creative. The animation work, the dialog, the battle, and the take off scene were all genious. You used quite a few special effects like when Vandhaal froze up right before he left and when Vandhaal kept reappearing in different areas. I love your creativity, jml!

Map Design: 4
The map design was nice but was a little simple. Though, I did love the corpses stuck to the poles and the rocks. Very creative. The hills in the distance were also very pleasing and added a nice touch to the cinematic.

Story/Instructions: 4
The story was real interesting and the voices were hilarious. However, there were some points in the cine where I could not understand what was being said. Maybe you could write out the dialog via the Play Dialog trigger?

Additional Comments:
Wow, jml! FANTASTIC JOB!
Hope to see some more great cines from you.

[Edited on 11/01/06 @ 08:32 PM]

jml
File Author
@ pEpsIdUDe_123

I have to react to this since I think Alex is hidding behing... pEpsIdUDe_123, right!?
I believe you're 14, or maybe 15 by now, and this, in my opinion, just double the honor you just gave me by this very interesting review.
It might look like a too simple stuff, and if so, it's a little... success to me and it's probably because all the work you put into an AoM scenario... should NEVER! be too obvious to disturb the player from... the story.
Playability: This was my uggest fight, a month, on and off of course, of thinking and playtesting.
Balance: As it's just a cinematic, I just had to make these 2 guys really... immortals... I'm sure you can see what I mean by that.
Creativity: The guy who was really creative here was, and in the VERY first place, this unknown ES guy who came up with some amazing and, surprisingly, barely never used, animations. I just had to follow his creativity.
Map Design: I normally hate that stuff, as Vanilla isn't the best for that anyway, but mostly, I just didn't feel like waisting more time... or this piece would have never been released.
now, regarding " the corpses stuck to the poles " thingy, I simply stoled it from one if these 2 immortal designers. In fact the whole idea started from these impaled bodies, a very Vandhaal's touch to me, and as I intended to make a tribute... Just substract a 0,1 rating from me and add it to the next V....... scenario, which is gonna make it a good 5,1 for the first time in AoM history!
Remember this scenario was originally taken out from another one, " Regi's Way ", mostly because it wasn't playing right in it, too heavy I guess. So if you like the surrounding details, it's probably because there was still some spirit from its former story flying around. Another reason why I didn't want retouch it anymore...
Story: " some points in the cine where I could not understand what was being said ". It played fine on my machine, but a Macintosh... ( I know... :-) )
There was so much stuff, sounds, animations firing together at any time, that I'm already amazed you could even... see something.
If I had Titans, this could have been a nice prolog for a... " Regi's Space Way" ... or odyssey...
More cines?:
http://www.lezineau.com/site/g_AOM_main/index.htm

Merci Alex. Very touchŽ.

[Edited on 11/02/06 @ 07:39 AM]

Alex
(id: pEpsIdUDe_123)
"I have to react to this since I think Alex is hidding behing... pEpsIdUDe_123, right!?
I believe you're 14, or maybe 15 by now, and this, in my opinion, just double the honor you just gave me by this very interesting review."
*blushes*
Yes, I'm Alex, 15 years old.

"Creativity: The guy who was really creative here was, and in the VERY first place, this unknown ES guy who came up with some amazing and, surprisingly, barely never used, animations. I just had to follow his creativity."
Hmm, that's very interesting. I'd love to see what you could do with the features and animations of TT if you ever get a new computer and the game.

"now, regarding " the corpses stuck to the poles " thingy, I simply stoled it from one if these 2 immortal designers. In fact the whole idea started from these impaled bodies, a very Vandhaal's touch to me"
Ah, inspired by the V's faces of death. :-)
The same pics inspired me to make the "Hocus Pocus" contest. But, you did pull off the trick very nicely.

"Story: " some points in the cine where I could not understand what was being said ". It played fine on my machine, but a Macintosh... ( I know... :-) )"
That statement doesn't really have anything to do with your work or the type of computer, just technology. Text to Speech voices are generally hard to understand since they are computer generated and the computer doesn't always pronounce things right. What I was saying is it would be nice for you to add some dialog for the viewer to read while the dialog is playing.
jml
File Author
õ:-) When I said Macintosh, I didn't mean... better, only different. I just know by now a Mac could react a little... different regarding some AoM made for PC stuff. (:-)
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0