Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Random Map Scripts » StrongHold - Mountain Fortress

Download File Post Review Post Comment

StrongHold - Mountain Fortress

Author File Description
TwentyOneScore Updated 03/04/03 - Added AOM In Game Icon.

Stronghold is a defensive map that starts each player on a 4-tiered mountain fortress surrounded by a moat and fortified with towers. A single ramp provides access to the mountain top which allows for quick walling off by the turtler to keep the rusher at bay. Each player is given an uncontrolled bird scout that gives it's LOS to the player (if given a harpy, the user can control it by pressing comma). By setting the map size to large, the map is generated as an island with water around the edges to allow for naval battles. The map can come up in any of four skins, one for each season, and may contain lakes, cliffs, or both. This is a fair and well tested map.

There are 2 versions of the map provided in the download:

Stronghold-v1: Standard Version. For tournament play. Contains no special triggers.

Stronghold-v1mm: MythMatch Version. For tournament play. Contains triggers to grant 420 resources to each player every 60 seconds and increase heroes (20%) and villagers (10%) speed every 420 seconds. Like deathmatch, but slower pace start and a need to build an economy.

Screenshot: http://www.uberbeergeek.com/aom/Stronghold.JPG
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
bobscliff2003
Rating
Rating: 5
(Insert Rating analysis here)

Additional Comments:
A great setup. keep up the good work, my good buddy
icyhandofcrap
Rating
Great map
Moroveus
Rating
There are few gold piles in the no-man's land between each civilization's town, however, this can be a positive because that means that each player has to battle for control of the no-man's land. Whoever controls the center controls the game because the only way to get gold in later ages is to run a baggage train of camels/mules/oxen from one end of the map to the other. All in all, a very fun map.
BLast9 just downloaded it. havent played it yet, but i know it will be good. twentyone always makes good rms!
Celer
Rating
Very well done. nicely made map

Additional Comments:
Should make more of these maps
indraroop
Rating
Rating: 4
Although billed as a defensive map, this RM calls for a fair amount of aggression as most of the resources are in the no mans land. Raiding can be expensive as one loses quite a few units when they are travelling to the enemy TC via the watchtower lane. Overall a good map.

Additional Comments:
One *problem* is that the huntables are not out in the open but among the trees where they are tough to spot. Scouting is essential in this map.
M Master
Rating
It is awesome.

Additional Comments:
Indroops don't know what he's talking about, so ignore him. I give this map one of my "Gold Awards for Random Maps"

Nice map. Keep up this kind of work and maybe you'll get another award,
M Master
Gamer9er
Rating
(Insert Rating analysis here)

Additional Comments:
the best map ever and my brother hates all the maps but he said yours is the best he plays it over and over again.

PS:map another map like that but better
Milkman Matty
(id: Khan And Steak)
Rating
Rating: 4.5
This Random Map Script was very well created and scripted, I learned a lot form studying the coding. As for the gameplay side of things it works very well as you have balanced the Ultra defensive base by putting all of the resources and open area (for building space and trade routes) in the centre of the map.
It was great, my brother and I played it 3 times and we liked it all 3 times.

Additional Comments:
Keep up the good work

Congratulations ~ Khan

[Edited on 08/25/08 @ 03:34 AM]

SandeProElite
Rating
Great map. Fun to play.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login