Author File Description
Auron_
(id: auron 2)
File Details
Version: AoM: The Titans
=====================
PTDC 06 - El Muelle de San Blas
=====================

Representing Tsunami Studios, auron_2 proudly presents the 3rd place winning entry for the AoMH pretty town contest 2006, El Muelle de San Blas. Featuring:

• Norse oriented town & map design
• 1:30min of cine tour
• Skippable cinematic
• Animations along camera cuts
• Well layed eyecandy tricks
• Variations of lightings, effects and plenty of ambient sounds playing along the tour and after
• 250x250 map. 1Mb size

OTHER INFORMATION
----------------------

- www.freewebs.com/smallhours
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Urgwaine small, but reeeaaally pretty, a well deserved 3d place ;)
Alex
(id: pEpsIdUDe_123)
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design3.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Hey Auron,
Fantastic map and congrats on getting third place. :-)

Note: I'm using the actual PTC scoring system rather than the actual reviewing guidelines.

Aesthetics: 5
Your town was pretty amazing! It was a little small, but jam-packed with objects and looked terrific. The cinematic was very nice and revealed a lot of beautiful areas. The building overlapping and terrain mixing looked fantastic. Nice job, a well deserved third place!

Map Design: 5
The map design was great as well. The elevation was very nice, especially on some of the cliff shores and along the city paths. The forest also had some great elevation and looked ace. The terrain was very well done as well. You used great terrain mixing on the sea floor and in the forest areas. I loved how you used embellishments in your cities to cover up the ground instead of using terrains. The path embellishment turned out very nice and I love how it covered up most of the Atlantis tile so you could only see the potted plants. Very creative.

Town Appeal: 4
The town was nice but rather small. You had some fantastic building overlapping in your town. Some of overlapping looked so real and natural that it looked like an all new AoM object. So, the town was very well done, just a little bit too small. I think this is the first map I've seen with such a large download file for a single .scx file. So, before I even installed the map I could tell how detailed it was!

The Tour: 3
The tour was a little short and didn't really explain what you were looking at. However, I liked how you had the camera tracks showcasing the best designed areas of the town. A couple of the camera tracks switched too fast so it would be nice if you slowed down the camera tracks a bit to give the viewer time to look around. And, maybe add some more content to the objective. For example, you could tell the viewer where to go and add something more for the viewer to do while it's in gameplay mode like have him follow a tour guide or something.

Originality: 5
Very, very original! :-) Your building overlapping, object placement, and general map design was very unique. I loved your submarine type ship and the Atlantis tile plants showing in the city. The waterfall area at the beginning of the cinematic was very original and well designed as well.

Additional Comments:
Again, great job, Auron! I'm looking forward to your upcoming campaign as well. :-)

Btw, I'm trying to review all of the pretty towns, so if you have a few minutes, check mine out and leave a review or a comment. :-)

[Edited on 11/06/06 @ 04:07 PM]

Auron_
File Author
thanx for the rating! to be quite honest, i kind of got lazy doing the camera track. Since the town is very small, there wasnt really that many alternatives to good angles without revealing the border of the map. and yeah i guess the cinematic went a little bit too quickly...:p

I downloaded just about all the other pretty towns, but didnt download about 2 which are 6 mb because i have dial up..it'll take an entire day to download those.

you are Alex right? yep...i couldnt download yours...and hey, werent you the one who said you were going to review my map the bridge?:p ahah thanx!
Alex
(id: pEpsIdUDe_123)
"you are Alex right? yep...i couldnt download yours...and hey, werent you the one who said you were going to review my map the bridge?:p ahah thanx!"
Yep, I'm Alex. :-)
And, I haven't forgotten about your map. Let's just say I'm having some technical difficulties with online play and TT. Hopefully, I will be able to get AoM Gold this weekend and get a fresh start at multiplayer on my new comp.
I Love Bananas The design of this map is awesome. The third place was definetely deserved.
EliteMasterChief WOW! i downloadet your senario olso.I think its one of the best towns someone ever made in the editor,great work!!
Hummmm but many lag i gues its my comp. (its 6 years old) :P
Auron_
File Author
thank you...though i dont think i would have had any chance against Archers city...i mean...amaizing...really.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity4.0