New Files

Single Player Scenarios » PT2006 - Archaeopterix: Archaeopolis

Download File Post Review Post Comment

PT2006 - Archaeopterix: Archaeopolis

Author File Description
Archaeopterix
File Details
Version: AoM: The Titans
This is my entry in the Pretty Town contest of 2006, which earned me a second place just after The_Vandhaal's astonishing map!

Archaeopolis is the town where I am an absolute dictator. I personally find the cinematic to be very basic, but the map design is great, showing a fantastically designed citadel with an amazing eye for detail.

There's even a small playable part, so enjoy!

Thanks to everyone else who entered, and to the judges, of course.

~~NOTE: PLAYTEST AS PLAYER 6.~~
~~ANOTHER NOTE: THOUGH IT DOESN'T CAUSE LAG ON MY COMPUTER, IT MIGHT ON YOURS.~~
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Urgwaine can I say this is amazing? because it was :) didn't know you were an absolute dictator though :p
Robin_Hood1993 Dude this is awsome.

But i played off of editor as player one and at end i was bummed out... cause i couldnt move the yellow guy.

But still this is best map i have ever seen!
Archaeopterix
File Author
Thanks! You should play it through menu-->single player --> scenario. Or playtest as player 5 (player 5 is the one selected as standard anyway).
Alex
(id: pEpsIdUDe_123)
You're my next victim for a review, if you don't mind. :-)

I saw your cinematic twice already and will be watching it one more time! The first time I opened it from the editor and playtested as player 1 so I couldn't move the scout. And, the second time I chose the map from the scenario list and it still set me up as player one, so you might want to check that out. Next time I will just go into the editor and playtest as the scout's player.
Archaeopterix
File Author
That's really odd. I really appreciate that you fancy to spend the time to watch it three times just to get to the playable part (or did you just alt-tab the second time? :p).

Looking forward to the review!
Auron_
(id: auron 2)
I think this is the best pretty town out of all! i watched yours over 4 times already and just checking stuff in the editor...i mean this is freaking amaizing! if i were a judge i would had gave you first place for sure!
Urgwaine yeah I would rate it first place too, it's just the best pretty town, no offence to Vandhaal his was amazing too, but this just blew my eyes out of my head ;)
Archaeopterix
File Author
The definition of "pretty town" has become very vague, so that it is hard to judge the entries equally. I think, though I am by no means sure, that it was (among other things) mainly the atmosphere and the tour that made The Vandhaal's fantastic map win.

The title "pretty town contest" might make you think that I should have won, because I just created, well, a very pretty town. But actually the name of this contest is misleading. It should've been "pretty eyecandy map with a smooth cinematic tour and great atmosphere, with some sort of a coherent set of buildings contest", but that's such a mouthfull.

The Vandhaal has created the best map in this contest, but of course I'm glad you like mine also.
Villi "Archaeopolis is the town where I am an absolute dictator"

Sounds like AD...
Archaeopterix
File Author
Only in AD I have no one to command :p
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account