Download File Post Review Post Comment

Phoenix Studios: Gates of Fire

Author File Description
Unome
File Details
Version: AoM: The Titans
Gates of Fire
A Single Player Scenario by Unome
of Phoenix Studios ( http://www.phoenix-rts.net )

Gates of Fire Website:
( http://www.freewebs.com/cinegof )

Features:
* New cinematic ideas
* Interesting historical story
* Around 20 minutes of cinematic
* Several (Optional) texture mods
* Over 350 Triggers

Plot:

Lord Xerxes leader of the persians launched his campaign to take
over the european world. Winning every battle in his path he is
led to Thermopylae, where a small group of greek soldiers led by
300 spartans make their heroic stand to delay the persian
advance. Out numbered 100 to 1 the Spartans perform one of the
most amazing last stands ever told in ancient history.

Credits:

* Sandro the Wicke...............................................Playtester
* DWIEEB......................................GoF Modder and Playtester
* Pepsidude123.....................................................Playtester
* Angleoflight.......................................................Playtester
* deathman rts nl..................................................Playtester
* Hades..............................................................Playtester
* Lucky-Zion Studios..............Where the project started out at
* Phoenix Studios..............................Finished under this name
BlackIsle studios..........................Music

Gates of Fire: A Phoenix Studios Production.
Pages: « First « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Young1_Z2
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance4.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Watchability: 5
Watching the movie was brilliant. As I, not a very great cinmeatic person, it amazes me that you could make every track unique. Each track had a good feeling when waching the movie, especially during the end. The animations were timed correctly and made the picture amazing. Great job on this part, Unome!

Balance: 4
Overall this was a good balanced cinematic. Even though like 2 or 3 lags, it was balanced. I liked it how you didn't over do it on some parts if you know what I mean. I wished a part that there was going to be a shot where you see the battle in like a high view. That would have been nice though

Creativity: 5
Many things I liked on the creativity. I wish I could have given you a 6, because I thought that since there was a lot of accomplishments in new ideas. For example, the phalanx---a brilliant idea. You made it accurate to what could've been what the Spartans have done. The camera view made the final touch. Absolutely outstanding.

Map Design: 5
I give you a 5 because you made the enviornment have an "Earthly" and "Original" feel into the map design. Kudos to you Unome, and you too DWIEEB. I especailly like the last part, a big battle area (well sort of) and ambiance placed just in the right spot.

Story/Instructions: 5
Even though I like Medieval Fantasy more, everyone should stop and look at the time period when the Greeks, Romans, Macedonians, etc. took place. Most history came from Europe, so you can assume that many important things happened in this period. I myself am a fan for the Pass of Thermopylae, even when it was made into a favorite classic movie of mine. Good job both Unome and DWIEEB for creating a movie that has brilliance in it.

Additional Comments:
I have to say, this cinematic was just outstanding. I loved the music used in this movie. This goes for the textures as well, DWIEEB, good job on them. The Spartan I loved the most.
Great job on this project, and you will make successful movies (or whatever you do) in the future.

Hope you guys liked the review!
dwieeb Thank you very much for your review, Young!

Was it laggy at that part where it zoomed out at the end to see the giant of the Persian army?

At the end I felt really sorry for Leonidas and his men, its so cool how you can do that with the Aom editor :)

"This goes for the textures as well, DWIEEB, good job on them."

Thanks :) I wish I would have taken out the blood on Leonidas' spear. Oh well.

Again, wow! Thanks so much for the 4.8!
Ryder25
(id: tasev)
Playability: 2.5
While watching the movie at some parts, mostly the beginning, the movie kind of skipped and it wasn't flowing. Some people were out of line and either late to die and I saw some fanatics fighting air lol. Also the way things happened were way too slow. I was kind of getting bored. I had to wait ten hours for some scenes to end.

Balance: 4
The spartans seemed way too strong. 10,000 men fought them and more and you didnt even have atleast 2 guys die. They were just too overpowered.

Creativity: 5
I think it was pretty creative and cool textures and all, light settings etc. Very well done! Maybe you could have tried to make some spartans jump out of the way of arrows to make it more intresting and exciting.

Map Design: 5
Also very good! There was a lot of eye candy and beautiful outdoors :p.

Story/Instructions: 4
I liked the story it was great! Very easy to read and understand instructions and I liked the way you had some extras and info to read. At soome parts you kind of screwed up the names of who's speaking and wasnt there a way you can remove what ppl are saying after a while? I really hated that. The words would be on until someone said something else.

Additional Comments:

[Edited on 11/12/06 @ 11:04 AM]

dwieeb Thanks for your review, Petar. But I'm afraid since we're members of the same design they can't count your review. :(
Unome
File Author
thx young for the great review!
@ petar... you can't review me... you on my team!!!
Howmuchweed2 thats why i gave a mock one :rollseyes:
Ryder25
Well imo I dont think it matters. I didnt make anything of this thing. So I have a right to review it.
dwieeb "The spartans seemed way too strong. 10,000 men fought them and more and you didnt even have atleast 2 guys die. They were just too overpowered."

Well thats not fair because thats kinda actually how it was in the beginning. In the beginning their superior armor and training owned the Persians and by the end their armor was wearing down and their swords and spears were broke, so they continued fighting with teeth and fingernails. I don't think thats fair :/
Ryder25
Maybe there should have been aleast 1 person die
dwieeb EVERYONE died at the end.
Pages: « First « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?