Author File Description
M0nTy PyTh0n
File Details
Screenshot:
Version: AoM: The Titans
HOW NOT TO BE SEEN - SPECIAL EDITION WITH COMPLETE SOUNDS
by M0nTy_PyTh0n

Hello!
This is an AOMTT RMS cinematic. It is NOT a game map, but a random map - AND - a movie map.
If you like any comedy clips from the famous "Monty Python's Flying Circus" TV show - then you will LOVE THIS!

Features:
- AOM-TT cinematic comedy
- Playtime around 5:30 minutes
- RM scripted
- 3 random skins (Greek, Egypt, Norse)
- MUSIC
- VOICE ACTING
- Normal map size = English subtitles, Large map size = German subtitles
- Total download size: 3.36MB (including mp3)

Installation instructions:
Unzip and copy all content of the zip file into your main "Age of Mythology" program folder (not the custom files folder) -
example: "C:\Programs\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology\" -
and allow overwrite for the "rm2" and "sound" folder(I made special names for the subdirectories). Then select the "HowNotToBSeenSE" map for playing in single or multiplayer mode.
Last player must be comp on different team.
(Recommendations: All human spectators TEAM1, the computer is the LAST PLAYER and TEAM2).
Now - enjoy the movie and the sound ;)
Furthermore, everytime you watch this movie map, the terrain and the surroundings will change (3 different skins). Try it out!

CREDITS:
Dialog sound:
M0nty Python's Flying Circus Group
Music:
Johann Strauss - Conducted by Herbert von Karajan.

Regards,
M0nTy_PyTh0n.
This map was brought to you by
HYENA STUDIOS.
Main website: http://hyenastudios.mugamo.com
Old website: http://www.geocities.com/hyenastudios
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Howmuchweed2 1st download woot!
Senior_man_face Hehehehe! Yeah, this is pretty funny! But I'm not sure whether I put the sounds in the right places. I heard no music and the voices I heard were screams. Do I put the sounds in the 'dialog' folder in the 'dialog' folder in the sounds directory in the AOM folder and the music in the 'music' folder?

[Edited on 01/08/07 @ 07:46 PM]

M0nTy PyTh0n
File Author
The voice is in english. You can chose one of two subtitles: Normal map size = ENGLISH, Large map size = GERMAN. The map size keeps the same in both cases.
Alex
(id: pEpsIdUDe_123)
Rating
Rating: 5
Brilliant!

Pure masterpiece, M0nTy PyTh0n. :) It's amazing that you were able to pull all of this off through random map scripting. The different skins were great. Though, I have only experienced the snow and grass skins. They were both very well done and the elevation was nice. The cinematography was great for an RMS. Scratch that, the cinematography was great even compared to most of the cinematics made in the scenario design editor!

I haven't seen the Monty Python movies, but I still thought the plot was hilarious. Nice use of effects like the camera shake and lightning bolts and nice use of the custom sounds.

Additional Comments:
Well done. :)
Definitely a recommended download!
Aliblabla1942 WHAT THE HELL? You can script a random map to play a cinematic? Hell, I can only copy Protox scripts over, and I don't even understand how that stuff works. I'm gonna dl this, see WTF you made.

1.:| 2.:] 3.:[ 4.:> 5.:< 6.-_-

[Edited on 01/09/07 @ 09:04 AM]

I Love Bananas So, does this film contain only "How Not to be Seen" or more sketches as well?

I've watched the original, and it's great fun. I look forward to seeing this ^_^
nottud
Staff
Ok, I will download. Yes you can make random maps into movies. I have added a cinematic to one of my random maps but I couldn't quite figure out the camera cutting!
Aliblabla1942 The part I thought funniest was the first guy's death. I looked like he got pulled into the ground??!!
Urgwaine I loved it :-) are you goint do something with coconuts too? :-P
Ragnos
Rating
Complete waste of time, and not funny whatsoever. Your comedy is off-timing, you announce what is going to happen long before it happens, and it is repetitive. You do not deserve the 5 above.

Your only points are for random map scripting. The sounds were okay too, but nothing terribly impressive.

Work on it. make deaths more on time and more gruesome. Go over the top with it, otherwise you are just boring people.

A 2 out of 5

Edit: After reviewing the work, i realized that i had underscored this incredibly. I apologize. I still don't think it's MP's best work, but it's jolly good enough.

(just please work on the timing a bit)

A revised 4 out of 5

[Edited on 01/12/07 @ 08:58 PM]

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating