Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Utility Programs » Angry Levels

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Angry Levels

Author File Description
angryzor This is the Angry Levels trigger pack.
It's purpose is to make adding a level system easier. Instead of having to make a separate trigger for each achievable level or having to write your own XS User Code, these triggers make it possible to add a complete level system with 2 triggers per unit. (and 2 initialization triggers)

The pack consists of 3 conditions and 4 effects:

Conditions:
- AngryLvl CheckInc --> Handles the "needs to level-up" event
- AngryLvl EndLvl --> Handles the "max level reached" event (if a max level has been set)
- AngryLvl LevelOp --> Allows you to add custom effects to different levels

Effects:
- AngryLvl Init --> Needed to set up the level system
- AngryLvl InitName --> Sets up initial unit name
- AngryLvl Inc --> Increments the level and refreshes unit name
- AngryLvl End --> Stops incrementing of level

Help on it's use is included in the readme.txt

HOW TO INSTALL:
Unzip the typezAngryLvls.xml file into your C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology\trigger2 directory for AoM TT, or into your C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology\trigger directory for AoM.

NOTE: These triggers were designed for AoM TT. I didn't test them on vanilla AoM, but normally they should work with vanilla as well.

UPDATED:
v1.1
-----
I now added TzHaar's suggestion (making the amount of kills the player needs to make increment together with the level), in the form of a second set of triggers.

To install this version, copy the typezAngryLvlsvKTL.xml to one of the folders listed above.

Suggestions for extra conditions or effects are always welcome. Also, if you spot an error, post it please. :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
angryzor
File Author
POSSIBLY IMPORTANT INFO IN THIS POST

Forgot to mention this in the manual:

If you wanna use the current level of a unit in a chat message, e.g. when it levels up, use this at the place in the message where it should be:

" + AngryLvls[Unique Id]Lvl + "

(change [Unique Id] to the Id you want the level from)

Oh and also this:

The warning in the manual about the init trigger having to be the first trigger in your map appears to be untrue. I tested it and it works just as well when it's added as 3rd (or more) trigger. Just make sure the XS Globals Start/End effects only appear once in your scenario.

[Edited on 01/31/07 @ 02:50 PM]

DBGT44 2 nd DL seems promising . I'll review :)
EliteMasterChief YO dude is this tha level system you made for my LOTR map? :D
angryzor
File Author
Yes :P (but added possibility of choosing infinite levels)

[Edited on 01/29/07 @ 12:06 AM]

Tombit This sounds really awesome. I've downloaded, and i'm about to test these trigs out. i'll review when i'm done.

I suggest you make a topic in the forums. You'll get a lot more downloads and comments.
Tombit
Rating
Rating: 4.5
Awesome. These triggers are very, very, very handy, and can be used in almost any scenario; particularily in RPG's. They work fine, are fairly easy to use. Your guide is very thorough and understandable, and the examples help a lot.

The only reason I didn't give you a 5 is because I believe the same effect can be achieved through a number of QV's - this is a lot easier though. It would have also been nice to see some less complicated and abbreviated names, but that is a small detail that doesn't really matter.

Additional Comments:
Well done. Your very good at making triggers, and I hope you'll stick around and continue!

Oh, I have one question: how do you get the level to show up in chat? Do you take out the "" and put it in {}?

[Edited on 02/02/07 @ 12:51 AM]

angryzor
File Author
Thanks for review! =D

"Oh, I have one question: how do you get the level to show up in chat? Do you take out the "" and put it in {}?"

No the "" should also be put into the message, for example

-Send Chat
--Player=1
--Message=Kastor is now level " + AngryLvls1Lvl + "!
Tombit Hmm. That results in trigger lock for me. :/
angryzor
File Author
???? Weird... It works for me...
Hm i'll post a link to an unfinished scenario that uses the chat thing. Maybe that can help you. http://home.scarlet.be/~rt022830/RPG1Unfinished.scx

Did you do the Send Chat in a trigger you added before the AngryLvl Init trigger? That might be the problem.

[Edited on 02/03/07 @ 09:07 AM]

TzHaar Impressive!
Wont rate yet, havent tested, once I do I'll see how it is.
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:777
Favorites: [Who?]0