Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Utility Programs » Shop for ALL players in 1 trigger!

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Shop for ALL players in 1 trigger!

Author File Description
nottud
Shop for ALL players in 1 trigger

What this download contains:

Triggers:

Shop for ALL players
shop Grant God Power
shop Invoke God Power
shop Convert
shop Set Tech Status
shop Army Deploy
shop Modify Protounit
shop Modify Protounit All
shop for all players end

uiEditorPalettes:

A list of every unit along with their ID. This is if you want to make it so the shop only works for 1 unit type. In the unit ID box on the triggers for all players use this list. The most useful ID is 631 which is old man.

NOTE:The list can only be accessed if you have Reyks new editor. If you want to open list, click the options dropdown menu and select portrait. I added the list there. For people without the editor, you will have to do without the list but I might upload an online one which you can look at instead or put it for download as a text file.

Readme:

Contains installation instructions.

How to use these triggers

First add Shop for all players and specify the parametres. This is like the units in area condition but it is in the effect instead so that it will work for all players. Now insert shop triggers like shop mofiy protounit, shop grant god power, etc. Then put the shop for all players end trigger. The trigger will do the following:

Look for units in the area around shop obejct, activate any effects for the player who had the object next to the shopp item and then display a purchase message and take off your resources which you were spending.

An example:

Load a blank map and place 2 anubites (one player 1 and one player 2) and a tower. Also, give yourself 100 wood.

Now, insert the following:

• Trigger: Loop, active, high priority
  • Conditions: Timer
    time - 3 seconds
  • Effects: shop for all players
    centre - the tower
    radius - 5
    unit type - -1
    lowest player - 1
    highest player - 2
    resource - wood
    amount needed - 10
    shop grant god power
    power - bronze
    count - 1
    shop for all players end
    purchase message - bronze bought
    resource being spent - wood
    amount - 10

THATS IT!

For the army deploy, you need to insert an army for each player you want this trigger to work as or no units will appear! When you have set an army for each player, it will army deploy as the first army of that player.

Please comment and rate and if you have any questions please ask them. These are a very useful set of triggers and will save you possibly HOURS of triggerwork. I did 8 shop items for 4 players in about 15 minuites with it so they are really worth getting.
  • Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »
    AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
    SonofNuyo Not sure if you knew this, but someone made a utility called simstools which has the same effects as this and a little more. However, this will come in handy for those who didn't notice it. Either way, it is good work Nottud.
    (SimsTools by angryzor)

[Edited on 05/08/07 @ 11:28 PM]

nottud
    Staff
    File Author
    I know that already - I find them confusing to use and I made my own. Since my version was easy to use I decided to release them.
    SonofNuyo Oh =P. Sorry. Didn't know. Eh.
    Beelzebub
    (id: Navarone_Revenge)
    Ooh... this should save me time...
    But do I have to use the "shop... trigger?"
    Or can I use another one?
    And "shop for all player end" is basically ending the whole trigger or is it just and added ending like the message...

"Effects: shop for all players
    centre - the tower
    radius - 5
    unit type - -1
    lowest player - 1
    highest player - 2
    resource - wood
    amount needed - 10"

I find this strange... Shouldn't this be condition?
    O geez, I can't quote... well I'll do it manually... quotation mark... :P

[Edited on 05/09/07 @ 11:03 PM]

nottud
    Staff
    File Author
    It acts as a condition placed as an effect. That way it works for all players.

Shop for all players acts as the condition
    Shop triggers are your effects
    Shop for all players closes brakets and doesnt the tributing.
    JuniorD Hey, notud, i need some help, going on with one of your trigger sets i lost my set sun spectular or sumthing, but, it make colors, you know like solid colors, where could i get a new one of these trigger(s)
    nottud
    Staff
    File Author
    It is in Reyk's trigger pack.
    AvengerMac Thanks Nottud, I know about the sims tools and i find them hard to understand. This will help a lot becuase i suck with triggers.
    AvengerMac Ummm, Ya did i do something wrong? When i used it, all the other triggers stopped. I changed the highest player to seven or is it something else?
    nottud
    Staff
    File Author
    One of the fields you have filled in it doesn't like. Try changing what you put on each of the trigger fields.

Also, for each shop, you must have a shop start and end and with the buyable items in the middle or it won't work!
    Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
    Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
    Forgot password?
    Rating
    Statistics
    Downloads:1,541
    Favorites: [Who?]1