Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Multiplayer Scenarios » Adventurers 1 RPG (updated version)

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Adventurers 1 RPG (updated version)

Author File Description
Oscar
File Details
# of Players: 6
Version: AoM: The Titans
ADVENTURERS 1 RPG

This map is the first scenario of Adventurers multiplayer campaign.
Adventurers 2 and Adventurers 3 are available in the download section.

**setup**

-players 1,2,3,4,5,6 have to be human;
-players 7,8,9 have to be computer;

-players 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 have to be team 1;
-player 8 has to be team 8;
-player 9 has to be team 9.

All players can be any god, the god choice is almost insignificant (look at the notes to find more info).

(the players setup is also written in the scenario filename, so you can check it anytime when you are hosting this map)

**installation**

-extract "+-+Adventurers1+-+_1234567t1_8t8_9t9.scx" file from the archive;
-place "+-+Adventurers1+-+_1234567t1_8t8_9t9.scx" file in scenario folder.

**notes**

-Since I playtested this map several times in public games before release it you could find in ESO some old playtesting versions of this scenario that couldn't work till the end or that could be too hard/easy or that could be without the titan boss in the final mission. Please do not play these old versions of the map. The old versions of this scenario have the following filenames: "Adventurers_6humans_1234567t1_8t8_9t9.scx" and "+Adventurers+_6humans_1234567t1_8t8_9t9.scx" and "++Adventurers1++_1234567t1_8t8_9t9.scx", the new and ultimate one instead: "+-+Adventurers1+-+_1234567t1_8t8_9t9.scx". Play only this one please and if you notice a player that is hosting an old version (so without the +-+ +-+) inform him that an updated version as been realased. Thanks!
-As you already may know after having played some singleplayer maps from me my map design style isn't "light" so it could be a problem on some old computers. Concerning pc performance keep in mind that, besides players with slow computers or connections, the host plays the major role in lag issues, even if the map works very very smoothly if you play it in singleplayer mode. So if you want to play this map with some friends of yours only the player with the most powerful computer and with the fastest insternet connection should host this map. If you are going to host this map with unknown people I strongly advise you to turn off high details in graphic options if your pc has just a 1.7 GHz processor (or less) and 256 MB RAM (or less).
-This map could be very hard, good teamwork and heavy micromanagment is strongly required. The first times you and your mates play it you unlikely will succeed reaching the end of the map. Players have first to master the gameplay before even hoping of finish the game.
-As your human mates die during the game the remaining players will become stronger so survivors can anyhow reach the end; with less players alive the game could be harder, though so help and support you allies and fight together.
-AI players in human players slots will be expelled at the beginning of the game.
-This map can be played also in single player mode without many problems.
-To play this map in singleplayer mode use only the load scenario feature in the main menu of the game, please do not play the scenario playtesting it from the editor otherwise a weird thing could happen ;) .
-Read the objectives and the hints (pause the game if necessary).
-Watching the tutorial after the intro movie is strongly recommended!
-Concerning the God choice some Gods grant you some bonuses for your unit. Be Oranos for extra speed or be Odin for a bit faster life regeneratin.
-In the second part of final mission the Titan Prometheus could seem to be an invulnerable creature; get a little closer and fire arrows without respite against it to start damaging this titan.
-most of the map is walkable, just make little movements to move your unit in the most "enclosed" areas.

**conclusion**

If you have suggestions to improve this map or if you want to report some bugs contact me at the following email address: quoelet(at)katamail(dot)com.

Map created by Oscar Baldessari, special thanks to all people that have provided me with help and support (credits are in the ending cinematic).

Have fun and good luck!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
OmegaLegion
(id: demi_god_matt)
Finaly this iso ut been waiting for a long time good timeing for this to come out
Mephiles
(id: Titan602)
Well it's about time :p Now go and post it in AoMh Forums :D
Yeebaagooon
Staff
Yes, 2nd download! Ill review later
Wierd Guy wooohooo, i neva got a 3rd download b4, ill b sure to post a review once ive played it
LuCkyMaN Hey, I played this before it was done or released. Very nice eyecandy. You did a very good job.
Yeebaagooon
Staff
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Yay, first review :p

Playability: 4
Well, I thought this was a great scenario. The only drawback was the fact that there was no music apart from the cinematics. You probably did this to reduce lag, but without my music taunts I would have been bored on the firts mission. Id be glad to lag a bit for some music, it keps me interested. I found no bugs in it.

Balance: 5
The gameplay was quite a clever idea. I liked the fact that killing units wouldnt give people uber-stats and when a player died it added on stats. That was the good bit, because you have considered quitters.

Creativity: 5
You didnt do a roman theme this time, and egyptians are quite cool. The story you made up was very nice, and completely 'Oscar Style'. The cinematics were informative aswell despite the lord of the rings cliche. I also like the realisticness (oops) of the one-hit-one-kill polythemus. I really liked the Cyclops' cave aswell.

Map Design: 5
Wow. The usual amazing standard of Oscar Eyecandy was here! The gates alone must have taken a good few hours to make with extreme precision. Good job on that, and the little scenic area were good and added depth to gameplay. Keep up the eyecandy!

Story/Instructions: 4.5
The story was very imaginitive but there wasnt much time to read the objectives when I first played the test version and ended up being hit by polythemus :(. I think the instructions were clear in the cinematics and objectives, but as I said, a bit more time needed to read them.

Additional Comments:
A really great multiplayer map Oscar! I cant wait for your next scenario in this campaign.

Just bear in mind the music and your next map will be even more spectacular than this.

Good job! (And the best ever first-attempt multiplayer map, you should get much better with practise :) )

[Edited on 05/19/07 @ 05:16 AM]

DBGT44 hey wtf?!!!

I opened it and it played the cinematic which gets 5 from me but... It says the map was modded by a noob! and I got the "original" from u :( can u plz post the original version so I can play it and rate it too?
Godyssey
(id: Two_ace_u)
the only way you can play the map is to host it on eso.. Its the anti-edit trick ;)
Bbcool8260 Playability: 5
this was playable and fun no wrong!

Balance: 4
The one hit kill was a little hard... But I loved the archers and healing.

Creativity: 5
like the trigger work,use of triggers, and
the type of 'em!

Map Design: 5
wow that was a cool way to make a map!

Story/Instructions: 5
worked and said perfectly

Additional Comments:
This is a really fun game home you make more!

[Edited on 06/03/07 @ 06:45 AM]

DBGT44 o cool I will just go and play it then
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown