Angry Hordes

Author File Description
Out Reach
(id: newreach268)
File Details
# of Players: 7
Version: AoM: The Titans

A 6 player bloodbath for online play.

In Angry Hordes Players seek to be the last player left alive. To help the Angry Hordes will be attacking for no good reason, but there reason will change as they see fit every time the scenario is played.
However if your opponents like Yeebaagooon have "Mad SkillZ" You will be forced to fight for a bit longer... As whoever makes it to level 50 first also wins.

Throughout the scenario the game will be narrated, and players will enjoy such comments as "Yeebaagooon forgot to stay alive" and "Nottud has found a horse down the back of the sofa."

However these Angry Hordes have some skill. They may attempt to hack the game, leading to further randomness.

Finally the game has several Boss Battles, that tend to kill nottud in play test...

Details:
- 10 random start messages
- 10 random death messages
- lots of jokes about players levelling up.
- Giant Boss Battles

This map won the The Pointless Award for being the most humorous scenario, in the January 2008 scenario design awards. Thanks to everyone who voted, and keep enjoying this scenario.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Out Reach
File Author
Update: Can whoever made the first download re-download :P That version was broken, however its fixed now :P
Azur
(id: Azur_Fire)
Yay, I always wanted to test this map with you but you were never on, and now its finnaly done, yay :D
Jubjuby3 Will review tonight when i go online
Milkman Matty
(id: Khan And Steak)
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 4
This map has to be one of my favourites. It is a redone version of gladiator, with new spectacular effects and what not. It has great triggering as the levelling system is great. That along side the messages that are given every time someone levels ups or dies makes a quite impressive scenario especially with the small space that you have provided yourself with, 40 x 40m, that couldn't have been easy. Overall a great fast paced, easy, quick (normally) game that's easy to learn and takes minimum skill to play.

Balance: 4
This is what has brought down playability as well; it it too easy in my opinion. Rather, it flashes from way easy to way hard. It is too easy at the start all the way up to the part when you fight gaia where she is way 2 hard. Another thing is that when you level at 30 you get way, way weaker; I would think the opposite, yet that does seem kind of smart because not only does that make the enemies harder it also gives the stragglers a chance to catch up. But it is annoying since you can't help but level up. And gaia is pretty much invincible unless you have a major straggler (every body was level 34+ by the time gaia came). Anyway it was loads of fun up until we fought gaia so I only marked you down 1 point because everything else was balanced perfectly; all human players were pretty evenly matched and the god powers were usable in a way that nothing owned anything else (if that makes sense).

Creativity: 5
Marvellous. The effectiveness and simplicity of the small map and easy triggers has made quite the impact. It reminds me of gladiator but easier and more fun (I feel bad for not reviewing this earlier on). The triggers are great with no bugs in them, the levelling is good as no one gets too OP at any stage, again they enemies could be little harder but it is still good. I also liked what you have done with the environment in the scenario. With the space you have the terrain mixing and placement looks deliberate - which is really good, nothing randomly placed just to fill in space (spare one random column near one of the corners). It makes the map look tidy.

Map Design: 4
In all honesty, what you have done with what you have is pretty amazing. I particularly like the small ruins in one corner because of it's tendency to catch the eye and persuade you to stare at it for a while :). I also like the variation in elevation because of the small map size you can't vary it all that much without it affecting gameplay, yet you have found a mediocre path that supports both worlds - well done. Again your ability to shove all different types of terrains in such a small area is nothing short of a skill (you used 7 different types, that's impressive, as it is hard to do without making it look randomly placed on a 40 x 40 map). Your choice of units supports the map well and again, doesn't look like you've used random units and even better doesn't look like you've just used them to fill in space (which is hard when that is actually what your using them for - it provides much more eye-candy then eyesore). Well done.

Story/Instructions: 5
Great idea of angry hordes attacking you and your fellow? chums - that you eventually long for them to die and be the last man standing. The instructions were well heard and easy to follow even if you had no idea what was going on - just kill the enemies; pretty basic.

Additional Comments:
This is one of my favourit games and was one of the most enjoyable scenarios that I have played in a long, long time. Keep making some more great scenarios so I can review them :)
Congatulations ~ Khan

[Edited on 08/29/08 @ 02:49 AM]

Out Reach
File Author
thanks alot Steak&Khan :D

Now maybe intrest will pick up :D
Chris_yamaha Groovy...

[Edited on 09/11/07 @ 09:22 AM]

Zaphragor
(id: Coca_Cola93)
I play this game very often. But now I got a little question:
Witch Editor do you use? I don't know in which Editor the level system is. :p pls write back.^^
Out Reach
File Author
I used the angry levels which you can find

http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=6051

The name Angry Hordes in in honour of them :)

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.0
Creativity5.0