Heroines 2: The Survival

Author File Description
Archaeopterix
File Details
Screenshot:
# of Players: 2-4
Version: AoM: The Titans
Heroines II: The Survival
More soldiers, new spells, larger battles, bigger plains and a sweet altar in the center of the map: part two of the magnificent game
Heroines has arrived!

Be sure to check also the Heroines Gameplay analysis guide, which mainly concerns the original game but applies to Heroines II here and there as well.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Yeebaagooon
Staff
1st download :p Ill try and give you a review once I have played it.

[Edited on 07/03/07 @ 02:53 PM]

nottud
Staff
I will download - sounds really cool.
Godyssey
(id: Two_ace_u)
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 5
Well a good ol' classic strategy war. I have never seen any flaws that had stopped me from enjoying the game. Heck all the way from a 30 min game I had never gone bored of the map. Even the fact you can play by yourself is a nifty way to hone skills and defeat your opponents. I also like the fact that no matter where you are, there is always something to do. This map is pure genious, and very fun and can get you entertained for a while. I also like all the Aid and support you can get from stray soldiers, theres no way you can for sure of making the enemy exticnt (spelling?). This has got the gold!

Balance: 5
This is All fair, no matter what. There is tonnes of way to manipulate, destroy and control the enemy. And guess what all players can do this to there opponents! When a player is down to few units and the enemy has an horde, they can recruit more soldiers. And guess what, All players can do this too! No matter what the enemy cannot be left in the dark, when somebody OPs you early. Great work!

Creativity: 5
What a great idea. Spells, strategy, war and patience. What more can you ask for? This map is made for the elite, and those that wanna be. This map is completly original and the fact that you made a sequal to such a successful map. Shrink and Arch, you are one of the best designer duo ever!

Map Design: 4
Well, a good desert. and it certainly looks a dried up marsh/jungle, all the bushes and trees make it look like an old desert. Great work in achieving this. But the downside is, some of the trails were a bit empty and lifeless. You could have added a bit more to make it look at bit more lifeless. What i'm saying is not making embellishments so it doesn't look like desert, just something more then just terrain in front of you. Also i had seen some trees that just didn't go with the environment and kinda ruined it.

Story/Instructions: 5
What more can I say?
Instructions good, readable, clear and no errors. Even if you didn't watch the intro movie you could still get the idea on how to play. This map was made for all payers. And you pulled it off with aplomb! Great Work!

Additional Comments:
Congrats in this master piece!
Yeebaagooon
Staff
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance5.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 4
Well it was a great map to play. However most of the categories that got a 4 were because of the same problem: Quite a few triggers didnt work :(. It dosnt lag, but it needs music. The AI you have made was absoluely brilliant. It works fantasicly!

Balance: 5
The balance at the start is perfect. (But at the Finale, some recruitment triggers dont work, so whoever has the most units will win. That was quite unfair as they take 2 checkpoints and overstorm you with units.)
The above is a timer, that increases the balance, so score raised to 5. It's a good idea, but should be explained.

Creativity: 4
A great and original idea. Heroines needed a sequel but you could have thought of some more relics or powers, while it is good that some of the old relics were used like monkey bomb, there could have been some extras. I really liked the escape god power! It annoyed my enemies ;)

Map Design: 5
Beautiful terrain! However it almost exactly resembles the terrain of Heroines the original. Thats still your own work, so I cant really mark you down. The eyecandy was very realistic, it was a very good effect. The terrain mixing was also excellent. Good job.

Story/Instructions: 5
Nice instruction cinematic. Everything was explained well and nobody asked me any questions, so that is a good sign. The map appeals to a wide range of players, as it combines the idea of killing with excellent trigger work.

Additional Comments:
Shame about the triggers that didnt work. This could be fixed by:

Loop

Timer 2
Units in area of heroine, Unit, Player 0

Effect: Convert all in area, Player 0, to player x
Send chat.

Overall a great map, but the bugs really need to be fixed and its a shame you copied loads from the original.

Just hope you put anti editing on it!

[Edited on 07/11/09 @ 09:33 AM]

Godyssey
Yeebaagoon, you do know a circe near a stray warrior will not convert it instatly, you gotta wait.
Archaeopterix
File Author
Yeebaagooon:
First of all, thank you very much for the kind review!

Secondly, I'd like to know which triggers 'do not work' according to you. Triggers is pretty much the only thing I'm really extraordinarily good at, and I think I would've noticed failing triggers in the playtest myself. Please notice that reinforcements are made by me to stop when there are only 2 heroines left. Otherwhise the game can take hours to come to an end. Recruiting, indeed, is randomised. They won't always join you (in fact most times they won't ;)).

So, many thanks for taking the time to review! I agree with most of it, but I was hoping you would adjust your review with the things mentioned in mind.

It's okay if you don't want to though ;)

EDIT: I didn't put any anti-editing in it, because I don't really care :P The people I care most about, say AoMHers, know that I made it anyway.

[Edited on 07/06/07 @ 04:43 PM]

Yeebaagooon
Staff
Ok. I was playing this with a friend and all the triggers were fine until the finale. I couldnt recruit any behemoths even though I was enxt to one for abot 10 seconds.

I didnt realise they wouldnt join, but they always joined before the finale, and never joined after. Random stuff isnt always that random sometimes...

Please point out if this is wrong and Ill change the rating. (And think of some more synonyms for good)

[Edited on 07/07/07 @ 02:39 AM]

Godyssey
Units recruiting are randomize so you won't get some units, and sme you can get.
And you can't recruit if its 2 heriones left and finale bit.
Archaeopterix
File Author
Well, I thought I already pointed this out: There are no triggers that FAIL. Everything works as it should: units may or may not join you, and yes, if you are very, very unlucky (chance 1 out of 10000) they won't join you the entire game. In addition, the reinforcements are made to stop when there are only two heroines left, to make sure the battle stays interesting.

I hope that you noticed, by the way, that THE MORE UNITS YOU LOSE, THE MORE REINFORCEMENTS YOU GET. This makes the game very balanced and makes teamwork really essential.
Chris_yamaha Love this scenario!

[Edited on 09/11/07 @ 01:13 AM]

Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown