Browse Categories
New Files

Miscellaneous Files » Cerberus Interactive Main Menu v1.2

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Cerberus Interactive Main Menu v1.2

Author File Description
TartarianCerberus
(id: Cerberus_001)
The pioneer menu that started a revolution...
The first menu that adapted to where your mouse clicked...
I proudly present...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ABOUT
The Cerberus Main Menu was the first main menu to utilise nottud's discovery, allowing the menu to change views depending on which menu the player is viewing (Normal, Learn to Play, Campaign, Singleplayer, Multiplayer, More, or Movie). Now a v1.2 has been released, with improved transitions and three new views!
SCREENSHOTS
Normal:
Learn to Play:

Campaign:

Singleplayer:

Multiplayer:

More:

Movie:
REQUIREMENTS
This can only be viewed using Nottud's Redisigned Main Menu. The Redesigned Main Menu can also be downloaded with Nottud's Ultimate Editor Superpack
INSTALLATION
Once you have put ~menu20.scx in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology\scenario, open the game, click the 'E' button in the top right hand corner, and select ~menu20 in the top dropdown list.
CREDITS
Alex: For writing a detailed review explaining some of the major flaws, most of which I hope are now fixed (still no terrian mixing though...maybe in a later version...or maybe not at all)
Nottud: For his ingenious deiscovery which allowed me to make this in the first place and lots of editor stuff
Reyk: For his New X Editor 3 and Some New X Triggers 3
Made by TartarianCerberus

Thread
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
nottud
Staff
Very nice! Pahaps a touch more eyecandy and pahaps speeding up the camera trcks - other than that it's pretty good.
TartarianCerberus
File Author
Thanks for the comment and for discovering the trick in the first place!
nottud
Staff
I have posted a main menu mod update if you liked the original mod - it has more tools and stuff.

I found the trick by trying to figure out how gadget visible trigger worked.
TartarianCerberus
File Author
Updated to v1.1, with improved eyecandy, shorter camera tracks, and random lighting!
King Alberich just downloaded the file.............. The description sounds awesome! hopes it's as good as it sounds!

EDIT: 7/9/07 Checked this out it was amazing! The faults were: U shouldve made some enemy buildings for the spawns to kill. (After the gate falls maybe make Kronos come out) that was just an idea.

Anyways this was a really nice main menu.

[Edited on 07/09/07 @ 01:11 PM]

King Alberich
Rating
Rating: 4.9
Really nice although, u couldve added the things I told u could add...........

Additional Comments:
NICE JOB! keep up the good work!
TartarianCerberus
File Author
Thanks for the review! I'm glad you liked it.

As for your suggestions....
1)Good idea! I might have the Tartarian Spawns attack stuff in a later version.
2)No, because the gate isn't supposed to be destroyed. Did it "fall"? because that would be a bug.
King Alberich no problem. No the gate did not fall down...... It'd be cool if it did and enemies would come out............
Alex
(id: pEpsIdUDe_123)
Rating
Rating: 3.0
Pretty nice but nothing extraordinary. I liked the first main menu scene with the wonder and titan although at the beginning the titan chased after the other units so you could hardly see the battle going on below. This scene had nice building overlapping and the continuous fighting was fun to watch. The other scenes weren't as nice on the eyes. The campaign scene was my second favorite. The titans battling were cool. However, nothing else was happening. The area was very bland and empty. Mix various terrains, add gradual elevation, add trees and other eye-candy items, make the priests do something, etc. The third scene, the multiplayer scene, was my least favorite. The elevation needs to be fixed. It's way too bumpy - smooth it out and add some other hades terrains. Also, add some fighting or other interactions to this scene. And finally, the more scene looked pretty nice except nothing was going on except tartarian units spawning. Again, mix up the terrain and add more gradual elevation and other objects.

The camera tracks leading up to each scene was a nice idea but don't look too good. Between the various scenes, the land was bare and only had a single terrain. If you want to use camera tracks, make the land between each scene interesting. Also, the camera track showing in the More scene when you go back to the main menu looks more like it's heading back from the multiplayer scene.

The lighting was nice too.

[Edited on 07/23/07 @ 04:17 PM]

TartarianCerberus
File Author
Updated to v1.2 with improved transitions and three new screens!
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:487
Favorites: [Who?]0