Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Multiplayer Scenarios » Defeat Death Rpg Map Made By Echostar_X: Fixed Of Bugs Version (aka. Me.) , Includes Readme.

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Defeat Death Rpg Map Made By Echostar_X: Fixed Of Bugs Version (aka. Me.) , Includes Readme.

Author File Description
Real Echostar_X
File Details
# of Players: 6 Humans Are Team 1 And Player 7 is Team 1 Comp. And Players 8,9 and 10 Are Comps. Team 9
Version: AoM: The Titans
This is the final versn of my frist rpg map and has been tested online and works fine if you in counter any problems with this map please let me know on here thank you.

Map Includes A Shop

Credits For The Map(Ingame Online User Names):

Creator(Did All Editing):
- Echostar_X (aka. Me)

Playtesters:
- MRNoobinator
- Warow1
- Echostar_X

All Bugs Have Been Fixed
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Alexgd92 Just commenting:

Eh, you have 3 different submits of this floating around. Coulda used teh "update" button, aint that hard =D.

[Edited on 07/06/07 @ 06:30 PM]

Milkman Matty
(id: Khan And Steak)
Is this the final copy? And do you want a review? ~ Khan
Real Echostar_X
File Author
yes this is the final version and yes please for a reveiw and this is last version till the 2nd one comes out.
Milkman Matty
(id: Khan And Steak)
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.0
Balance3.0
Creativity3.0
Map Design3.0
Story/Instructions2.0
Playability: 3
The map was good but the overall performance and effectiveness of what was presented just breached satisfactory. There was minimal lag which is good and you got it to work online as well and that puts the score up as well. Yet things that bring down the score still remain from your first submission. This may seem as if I hated your map; nothing could be further from the truth you map was fun but it has points that I think you could still improve on. The things that I am disappointed with are;

1. It takes to long for the starting cinematic to change from dialogue to dialogue - People don't take 17 seconds to read 15 words. Maybe change it to 7 seconds for the change to to place.

2. Terrain mixing - The scenario changes from the sands of Egypt to the rocks of Erebus to the city tiles of Hexa Pora (the name looks like it is taken fom door lords' main city Hexa Porta) to some random Olympus setting so fast with no explanation of why the terrain is like that, why the people are look in this certain place or why the terrain is even there.

3. No objectives - What are you meant to do? it doesn't tell you what to do all it says is - Kill the hydra; yet there is no hydra on the map.

4. Organisation - This is where you seemed to struggle above all else; the place where you booted and where you selected your characters seemed to be affected the worst. Things must look good for people to like it; people judge books by their covers. So if it looks like it was scraped together in a rush then people think that the whole map was rushed. Make things orderly; with that comes looks; with that comes high expectations and the urge to keep playing.

5. Lack of enemies - There isn't enough enemies to keep the game fun and flowing. The only other thing that can do this is story and unfortunately you haven't really got one so the enemies get the blame. Enemies make the game fun along side with the difficulty - if the game is to easy the game looses worth. But in this case the map is just boring - lack of enemies and difficulty. It has turned more into lets walk 5km this way then 5km back this way then 5km this way and so on and so forth...

6. RPG concepts - An RPG is meant to have RPG concepts like experience, levels, bosses, special items, spells, money, variety of enemies etc. whilst you have some of these (i.e. bosses and enemies) the lack of the rest kind of makes it a destroy the bosses rather than kill the enemy units for experience so I can get stronger. Try putting in levels and experience to make you game more interesting.

7. Unit rotation - All the enemy units are facing the same way - repetition = boredom. rotate them so they are looking different ways make them face each other so it gives the impression that they are talking amongst one another - bring them to life.

Add those concepts into your map and you will have a might fine scenario and 5's all round.

Balance: 3
The choice to which character you want is a very good adaptation to your RPG as most don't offer that ability. However, the difference between the heroes are much; so the units are far from equal. I don't mean that they should all be equal inn everything, I mean that every unit should have it's own way of getting kills and each way of killing units should be unique and equal - so that no unit becomes overpowered and hogs all the kills. You have not quite mastered this yet and to do so would be heavily advised.

Creativity: 3
The creativity was heavy in certain places (i.e. the fire walls & the bosses) but very light on others (i.e. lack of originality on the names & Lack of experience and leveling triggers). Creating original names and places shows creativity and unfortunately you seem to be lacking those ideas. Also change the names of the hero's to something that sounds a little cooler (i.e. Healer = boring. Necromancer = Cool) doing so will spark a little more interest. Adding different walls instead of all fire walls.

Map Design: 3
As I stated before adding different terrains is ideal, like you have done, but mixing them so they look natural is a MUST. Some questions must be answered if you are to add the variety of terrains included in the map; Why are we in this setting? What are we doing here? Why is it like this? What it this place? answer these and add terrain mixing near the meetings of two or more different types of terrains to create realism. I almost forgot - your use of elevations is what saved you from a 2; Your use of elevations is marvelous.

Story/Instructions: 2
There was a story, there was instructions. Problem is they both lack in depth. You get told what to do right on the spot and find yourself wandering around aimlessly trying to figure out what you are meant to do. As for why the heroes have gathered, what they've done, who death is and why you are trying to kill him is a mystery. Try to add these concepts into the scenario to add interest and to bring it to life.

Additional Comments:
Good first scenario.
Follow what I have said and you will be making fine scenarios in no time.

congratulations - Khan

[Edited on 07/10/07 @ 10:26 PM]

Real Echostar_X
File Author
thank you for the reveiw and i am working on a second one and it is a little better because i have learned alot from others and from the experience of makeing this one and am not planing on much things like the picking your unit but i have inpelmented a new protection tigger mix so if you whould like to check it out and help with anything i can send you the file over eso at around 10:00pm eastren time any night and my name on there is Echostar_X i have your name on my list i got it of the scen. deisgers topic ok.

Echostar_X

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.0
Balance3.0