Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Utility Programs » Stretch unit templates

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Stretch unit templates

Author File Description
nottud

With AOMED, you can extract non expansion scenarios into a series of text files and edit the units. Then you can change it back. However I used to always get errors when doing it. Now however, I can do it because TOS aes ago released a utility to prevent errors coming. I wasn't able to download the tool since the link to it got broken but invent00r kindly put it for download in the AOMH utility section so I could get hold of it. Now I have done it and created some stretched unit templates which people can use on their maps. I have created 6 templates - each with their own direction of stretch. On each of them, I have placed a battleboar for the first 4 players and did this 4 times, each row of battle boars was stretched more than the last one.

How to use the template:

Open the template you wish to use. Then use transform in editor to change the boars into whatever unit you like. You can also use the convert trigger and playtesting in editor tool to change the ownership of the battle boars.

NOTE:Expansion users need to playtest the scenario and return to the editor BEFORE doing anything else because it will then convert the scenario to expansion mode preventing wierd glitches happening. (The templates are non expansion meaning non expansion and expansion users can use this though non expansion users cannot transfrom the units)

Other notes:
Every unit in AOM is made up of 3 axis:

x = unit width
y = unit height
z = unit length

The templates stretch the axis letters that are in bold:

(1) x y z
(2) x y z
(3) x y z
(4) x y z
(5) x y z
(6) x y z

There is no point stretching all 3 axises at once or that would just be a normal scale.

Anway, have fun creating maps with superdistorted stuff!

Final Note: THESE WORK ONLINE!
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
skater4life Nice! its awsome how it works online

wOOt 1st comment!--- anyway i think this is great!

keep up the good work nottud!

im not sure this is the MOST useful utility, but its really cool to mess around with ur units. =D

[Edited on 09/03/07 @ 02:44 PM]

nottud
Staff
File Author
Indeed so - it just looks so funny!
skater4life at least now i wont be suprised if i find a stretched out unit on multiplayer! =D

i could make a fat titan......

o well anyway it looks real cool.
And like many of ur diff utilitys i would sugest ppl shud dl this 1.

[Edited on 09/03/07 @ 05:54 PM]

skater4life oh by the way, nottud, this is coming from PiT_OwNaGe

no offense, but..... I totally owned u !
in ur own game too. 8 pits of doom, that was a hecka nice trigger filled map.
Pwnageinthepit Ummmm yea i am also in the PiT clan lolz i am PiT_PwNaG3 i have also pwned u at Forest madness so yea train urself at the Forest madness game btw great game. yea but im exited to dl thisi will asap ummm im not Pwnageinthe im Pwnageinthepit

[Edited on 09/05/07 @ 07:04 PM]

skater4life but, u are very skilled, u know im just hard to beat, being one of the best at pit.

hey tell me if u come up with any cool maps i shud down load, my email is

Olaf_4sho@yahoo.com

note: this email is only intended for nottuds use, any other mail will be added as a spam.
skater4life DUDE< HEY PWANGE
skater4life dude, pwnage wassup, hey srry nottud for accidently using ur post a s a chat post.....

anyway pwnage, u finally got an account.
skater4life
Rating
Rating: 4.5
very nice(and complicated) utility as i said before its not too usefull, but very nicely made 1.

Additional Comments:
great job nottud, i hope u come up with another coolio utility.

GREAT JOB

[Edited on 09/05/07 @ 07:13 PM]

Pwnageinthepit Rating: 5
very awesome, Ownage plz dont repost edit

[Edited on 09/07/07 @ 05:04 PM]

Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account