Browse Categories
New Files

Miscellaneous Files » Promotional Background: The Grey Marsh

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Promotional Background: The Grey Marsh

Author File Description
Paperfriend
The Grey Marsh

Welcome to the Grey Marsh, where life is short, death everywhere and conflict eternal. The three tribes continue to fight... for glory, fame, and survival.

You must wonder: What is this? An ordinary struggle? But what is behind it all? I will tell you...

These are the three animal tribes: The So’Bëkos, the Skullboda and the Mem-Pass.
Each tribe has been given it's own lore, units and game play mechanics:

The Grand Crocodile – The So’Bëkos
The So’Bëkos use their long ranged crocodiles in combination with their melee-orientated infantry and cavalry to create a very powerful combination. While the So’Bëkos army consists mostly of males they also have powerful warrior women, with the ability to leap though the air and deliver a deadly blow to enemy ranged units.

The Silver Wolf – The Skullboda
The Skullboda have a formidable army consisting of a mix of dangerous wolves and powerful, well equipped warriors. These beast men will stop at nothing to attain victory over their opponents.

The Winged Serpent – The Mem-Pass
The last tribe gains power though numbers: A Mem-Pass Spearman is no match for a properly trained Skullboda or So’Bëkos enemy, but using their fast breading snakes and large armies, the Mem-Pass continue to stand strong against the enemy’s monstrous beasts, remaining true to their ideals of freedom and equality.

Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
angel_of_chaos well, what can i say...wow, you've obviously put a lot of work and thought into this, although backrounds arnt my thing (but urs looks great ^^) i would still love to download the completed scenario!
Paperfriend
File Author
Thank you very much for your comments.
Black_Oni
Rating
woot go paperfriend but i also have a question wont that laag it up a bit ith all thats going around in the background, but besides that good job i give it a drummmroll please *drum roll* 1 tada!.......nah just joking that looks kewl so here ya are
nottud
Staff
Very nice!

For those of you who do not want to pernemantly change your main menu and have my mod can make it selectable by install it slightly differently:

Install the scenario and the lighting as normaly but instead of putting the user file in, rename the scenario to one of the filenames in the main menu dropdown menu list and then you can load it using that instead.
Alex
(id: pEpsIdUDe_123)
Rating
Rating: 5
Beautiful, Paperfriend! The landscape was stunning and full of animation. The lighting was great/fitting too.

The balance was ace. Even after several minutes, each clan was about equal in the fight. You kept it interesting with the random effects like the serpents. Then the beginning was cool too. Only wish you would have more animals during the fighting - like have that giant bird flying past more often.

Also appreciated how the fighting and other effects took up the whole screen - even though from your screenshot, the middle section is blocked from the menu. Nice use of the space. Never a dull moment. :-)

Additional Comments:
Check the typos/word choice in your readme. ;)

Story sounds awesome. Can't wait for the next teaser!
Paperfriend
File Author
Thank you very much the review pepsi:)

I will re-read the readme soon.
Milkman Matty
(id: Khan And Steak)
Rating
Rating: 5
This was excellent! Your background is stunning, starting out as the peace before the storm that has animals walking around and following each other. The monkeys and the cranes were great and portrayed the atmosphere very well along side with the lighting effects. Speaking of which, it seemed to be more of a jungle than a marsh in my opinion. You had many things that kept the show entertaining including, th start of the massive battle that was installed to come, a titan, randomly spawning serpents, souls ascending into the heavens above and how could I forget the ragnorok? You've also managed to make the balance close to immaculate whilst always having close to the same amount of units on the screen at any one time.

The point is, you've packed loads of extras and goodies that makes for a great viewing experience. You've got me wanting to play this scenario already, just to try out the different tribes and explore the full potential of each one. Can't wait for it to be released.

Additional Comments:
Great job!

Congratulations ~ Khan
Paperfriend
File Author
Thank you very much for the review:)

and both of you, thank you for the balance comments. I spend quite some time on getting it right.
anonymous135 Rating: 4.8
(Insert Rating analysis here)

Additional Comments:
looks really good, i'm not giving you a 5 simply because its just a LITTLE bit slow. but other then that its really kewl.

[Edited on 10/17/07 @ 02:25 AM]

Milkman Matty
(id: Khan And Steak)
Anonymous15, your review has been removed because it is not in compliance with AoMH's review guidelines. Please visit this page:

http://aom.heavengames.com/reviewguide

Read up on that and you won't see me in your way :D ~ Khan

[Edited on 10/19/07 @ 08:22 AM]

Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating