New Files

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Fort Azgul

Author File Description
zorkax
File Details
Screenshot:
Version: AoM: The Titans
General Izonius and General Tiberias have landed on the shore with their proud armies marching behind them. After planning an attack on a large and mysterious foreign land, they launch their great warships and make for Fort Azgul. The great stone fort dominates a snowy and wild pass, the only large pass accesing the rest of the country. Tiberias deploys his troops first, landing and attacking the Azgul forward base. Izonius follows closely behind and launches his men. Help him breach Fort Azgul and conquer the pass!

Please review and comment after playing. I will be in touch to update according to any advice i recieve. Thanks.

Version 1.1: Updated introduction and inserted picture.

Version 1.2: Updated game! Thanks to Khan and Steak for doing most of the updating!

Special Thanks: Khan and Steak
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Milkman Matty
(id: Khan And Steak)
Nice intro, I'll download and comment (maybe review).

Tips from Khan.

Tip 1. Always, and I mean ALWAYS include a screenshot of some kind - weather in your post or in the screen shot box provided.

Tip 2. Normally stating that this is only your second submitted scenario does the opposite of what you intended. When I see that I immediately think that this is a new commer and that your scenario will be at best average. Instead of stating that this is your second scenario, say that if you didn't like the scenario and have something to add that might make the scenario better please contact me at (insert e-mail here) or just post here.

Tip 3. This is just in general, never take things personally. Just don't - and I'm not saying that you've done that, but just don't I see newer people get really offended because someone said "you map stinks hard!!1!" as you can see hardly something to offended over.
zorkax
File Author
ok thx. il update soon and iclude ur advice.
OS_PyRoLeGion Exactly what khan said.....They barely ever take "Its my first/second/third Post" into consideration.
Omg your intro gave me an idea.....lol thnx :D

[Edited on 10/08/07 @ 07:53 PM]

zorkax
File Author
ummm... np... i think
Milkman Matty
I played it yesterday and here is a few pointers from what I have seen;

1. It's great that you have included an AI, but it screws around with player 3 hard. He sends out his main guy (general) as soon as you polish off that settlement at the start. His general then dies to your army at about 3 minutes into the game...

2. Give player 2 a Starting Town Center, it makes the overall AI much stronger. Also give them LOS (Line of Site) of some food, gold and wood; other wise they look at where they can see some of those, and if they can see any (even if it is over the other side of the map right next to the enemies base) they will travel to it. In this case you have given player 1 and 2 LOS of player 3's base and you can see some trees on the outskirts. So naturally player 2 travells 100km over the other side of the map and starts hacking at those trees... meanewhile getting eating to bits by the wolves and attacked by player 3.

3. Eye candy it up lassy! Give it some good 'ol' fashion detail. make it look jazzy make the forest/pass look like a forest, make it hard to be able to track through, not just clumps of trees. Make the pass out of the tree floor so you don't know where you are in the minimap (go to 'free paint' then right click on some trees to get the forest floor, then paint inbetween the clumps of trees). Make the trees different sizes - click one and press 'k' make them big so they get in your way (not too big mind you). Add some more of those dead ends, I noticed that you had a road block of rocks inbetween some trees, put more in, but be creative, perhaps a fallen tree (just remember to place an invisible wall so that you cant walk through it).

4. Give it more story, make it happening, pretty much base everything that needs to be done around your story. Add more in, the general of the fort releases an attack, or maybe he calls for backup, maybe he releases a scout and you have to find him and kill him before he returns to tell the general more about you landing or such.

Thats pretty much it. You've done pretty well, you have got something here, you just have to keep at it. If I was to review you now this is what you would get:

Playability: 3
Balance: 3
Map Design: 4
Creativity: 2.5 (rounds up to 3)
Story/Instructions: 2.5 (also rounds up to 3)

Overall rating: 3.2

As you can see I haven't rated this becuase I believe you can improve this fas beyond what you think you can ~ Khan
zorkax
File Author
thanks so much for the comments khan! i AM fairly new so i needed that advice. also, what's an invisible wall? and how do i give the general backup and such. (i will make him stronger aswell). i am now undertaking a major update so stay tuned. only prob is, i cant exactly expand the forrest anymore, (too small map!) so how do i make the forrest better, apart from bigger trees. thx for taking the time to comment. (and is there a trigger or something that i can do that reinforcement or scout thing? i would appreciate tips) thanks so much (again)

[Edited on 10/09/07 @ 04:17 AM]

Milkman Matty
Would you like me to edit it and e-mail it too you? ~ Khan
Elder_Ulsfark Just one thing...don't try resizing your map once there's stuff on it. I did and there were...bad things that happened. :o
P.s. it's a great map, will put more detailed comments later. :)
zorkax
File Author
i got ur email khan! u sell urself short if u say u did it in 30 mins. u did more than i could ever do! all that extra terrain, the cliffs, general, enemies, triggers, resources...im just astonished that u might be bothered to spend ur time helping me! this is just...incredible! i have learnt tons from the editor and just updated the game! thx so much khan! special thanks!

[Edited on 10/10/07 @ 04:34 AM]

Milkman Matty
*re-downloads* ~ Khan
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?