Design Hints, Tips, and Tutorials » Arrow Key Movement Demo

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Arrow Key Movement Demo

Author File Description
FenrisWulf
File Details
Version: AoM: The Titans

The Arrow Key Movement Demo

The idea is simple, you are playing a game and all you need are to press the arrow keys to move. Please refer to the setup below before playing.

Setup: Unlike most games, there is a setup that you must do outside of the auctual game. You must go to options, edit hotkeys, and change control group 8 to the button up, control group 6 to the button right, control group 4 to the button left, and control group 2 to the button down.

It's a pretty simple demo. I'll expand this into a larger game later. Please comment and give me suggestions on perfecting this method. I need your help!
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Jondoom Hey, can you tell how it works? I haven´t downloaded the file, but I just want to know.
Jondoom Never mind, I´ve already checked it. Very creative, if ya ask me! It really could be used in an RPG. The only kind of problem that I found was that you turned slowly from one direction to another, but I couldn´t find any way of fixing it.

A mechanic that makes you stop when you release the button would also be helpful, as there is no practical way of stoping! But I couldn´t make that work either.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:184
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:19.06 KB
Added:10/15/07