Browse Categories
New Files

Utility Programs » Quest Vars For AoM Vanilla

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Quest Vars For AoM Vanilla

Author File Description
invent00r
Quest Vars - AoM Vanilla

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The latest available version of QVs for AoM Vanilla is now available with the Trigger Loader 2. As such, these are no longer supported.

Last Updated: 01/07/08.

Description: You may now use Quest Vars in Vanilla exactly like you would in The Titans. This will actually allow some TT custom made triggers to work in Vanilla.
And it also contains more functions than TT.
AoM Vanilla Only.

Installation: Just extract the files to your AoM\trigger folder.

Usage: Before you use any Quest Vars, you must first use the Quest Var Start Up effect on a single-empty trigger. You might want to make this the very first trigger in your scenario. You need to write down %% where it says '%% == '.
If you add a computer player to your scenario, the Random function will work trully as a random function generating different seeds each time you play - offline that is. After that you are all set to use Quest Vars!

Contains:
  • 4 New Conditions;
  • 31 New Effects;
  • More than 500 lines of code to make it all work.

Enjoy! *wink*
    [w]-invent00r
  • Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
    AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
    nottud
    Staff
    Conducting test.

[Edited on 10/28/07 @ 06:36 PM]

invent00r
    File Author
    Yup.. I guess...
    I will update this tomorrow. It will work online by then.
    nottud
    Staff
    Indeed so - Mythic suggest trying to make it into some sort of enable quest var trigger instead.
    nottud
    Staff
    Since the update - it should now work fine on multiplayer.
    PrplPplEater
    Rating
    Rating: 5

Having been a vanilla user for about a year and looking at QuestVar tutorials in awe, I always wished we had a way to do it as well. WIth this mod I'm gonna have to push myself to revisit those tutorials so I can possibly use this in a future scenario.

There's not a whole lot of setup required to use these QV triggers either. Just a setup trigger to initiate the commands and you're ready to go! I did some minute testing of the trigger set, but having been somewhat of a QV n00b, nothing extensive yet.

The package works exactly as advertised, and there really aren't any surprises. The set includes more functions than the expansion, which is a little mind-blowing to be honest. Finally, having vanilla provides an advantage over all of those expansion snots. =P

Additional Comments:

I ventured into the file just out of curiosity and I was amazed at the hundreds of lines of code required to make this work! Incredible work! I can only imagine how time-consuming this must have been.

I'm curious to know specifically which custom expansion triggers work when this is installed.
    invent00r
    File Author
    Thanks for reviewing. :).

You can use, for example, the Anti-Gravity triggers in AoM.

I was going to make a list of the compatible triggers, but few trigger packs fully work with this plugin (Due to the use of new functions that still don't exist like Change Name).

Also, most of the pftq triggers are now also compatible in AoM.
    -invent00r

[Edited on 11/30/07 @ 07:47 AM]

Milkman Matty
    (id: Khan And Steak)
    Do they work in RMS's as well? or.. not? ~ Khan
    Milkman Matty
    (id: Khan And Steak)
    Rating
    Rating: 5
    After finally getting both Vanilla and Chocolate installed, I knew that I needed this file before I looked at anything else for AoM. And, not to my surprise, they functioned/ looked exactly the same as the ones in TT and all worked fine. I had a problem with the QV Randomize, but I later found out that it was the other effect in that trigger and not QV Randomize. All the QV effects and conditions work fine.

Additional Comments:
    This is massive, it opens a big door for vanilla players. Allowing QV's to work in vanilla is something that would have had 10K+ downloads if you were here in 03, 04 or even 05. This is a masterpiece that has been crafted to perfection.

Congratulations ~ Khan
    invent00r
    File Author
    Thank you Khan.
    Releasing this in 03 would be nice indeed - girls would just love me! =').

Anyways, this is transferable over to RMS, however it does occupy quite some space.
    -invent00r
    nottud
    Staff
    Yes - you can transfer it but you would need to know how to do custom coding to do so. I can show you how if you like.
    Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
    Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
    Forgot password?
    Rating
    Statistics
    Downloads:925
    Favorites: [Who?]0