Multiplayer Scenarios » Ordinary's Territories

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Ordinary's Territories

Author File Description
AnOrdinaryPerson
File Details
# of Players: 8
Version: AoM: The Titans
Ordinary's Territories -- The goal of this game is to be in control of all of the territories (flags) at the same time. There are two teams, Red and Blue (4v4). There are 5 territories on the whole map and you must control all of them at the same time in order to win. Each team begins with a territory (their base) but in order to win, you must captures the enemy's base too. You capture a territory by standing next to it. Once you capture a territory you are given the option to respawn there when you die. When you die, an old man will depley at the raspawn area where you may choose where you want to respawn. But remember, you must control the territory in order to respawn there! Have FUN!

There are also random events!
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
AnOrdinaryPerson
File Author
Comment Please!
antisquishy_genn
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance5.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design3.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Playability: 4
What can I say, this game is pretty much straight forward. You get your troll, move around the map, and steal territories. So simple, yet so fun! However, I did notice at times, when respawning, I would get 2 trolls, from different territories, even if I didn't own them. Try to check your distance for the respawn area.

Balance: (4.5, rounds up to 5.)
You pretty much took away any flaw that could make this map unbalanced. All the territories, were evenly spread out, God powers that can throw you back into the game, or to insure victory. Very nice job. But I really hate to bring this up(I'm assuming you used a random qv trigger) but at times, it really sucked to have your enemy stock up on bolts(got the random gp twice?!), and just make utter chaos on the feild.

Creativity: 4
For the most part, I haven't seen a "steal territory" map in a LONG time(I'm not talking about those junky, side game feature that any team can win in 1 minute). As well you created respawn points that just isn't in your base, so you have to walk for 2 minutes to get back in action. Another well done, idea that few do/ make.

Map Design: 3
I wasn't disappointed, nor pleased. The map itself was somewhat iffy. However it didn't distract me from playing the game, which is always a plus. You did have a few areas which held eye candy, but for the mostly part it was grass(not just grass A though), with a few rocks here in there. there is always room for eye candy improvement, so if your making a new game(please do) try to take things 1 step further.

Story/Instructions: 4
Wonderful cincematic. Explained everything in the game, and wasn't very long(roughly a minute). It when straight into the explanation, and straight out. Re-explaining the rules in the objective would have been nice if somewhat missed out, but for the most part you can jump into the game without the rules.

Additional Comments:
Excellent job on this map. I really wish more people can download this and play a great games with there friends. A perfect game that can be played in 10 minutes, to whenever you feel like it. Please do make another map, I'll be waiting for it.
Milkman Matty
(id: Khan And Steak)
Looks nice I this is the first on my review "to do list" ~ Steak
Milkman Matty
(id: Khan And Steak)
Its a great map, but I've found a flaw/ way to cheat in it - and I've perfected it too. When playing as red get territory number 3 but not 2. when you have territory 3 but NOT 2 kill your troll. When you get your old man, go as close to the fence that separates territory 2 and 3; make sure your right next to the sign (not the flag) and the fence. If done correctly then you will spawn at territory 2 and 3. The troll at territory 3 will say "{Playername(X)}" and the other will say "Hamarr Troll".

You might want to fix this; do this by lowering the "radius" at each flagged area - DO NOT change where the fences are ~ Khan

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance5.0
Creativity4.0