Minigames X

Author File Description
Yeebaagooon
File Details
Screenshot:
# of Players: 4 Humans, 1 Computer, Teams and god do not matter
Version: AoM: The Titans
MINIGAMES X

Voted best multiplayer scenario in 2009!

Introduction

Welcome Mortals! You seem to have stumbled across an amazing map. You clearly have great taste.

This map features 21 high quality minigames, a point system to get rid of that boring win system, a host control panel with booters and a Christmas Message included and of course me!

The Games

Key:

• Game name - (Points Available ) Description.

• Tank Wars - (14 ) The Sabres can fire lightning pulses at enemies, they also home in! Run if you are fired at as these blasts conduct electricity you can hear. Points per kill and for victory.
  • The Eternity Game - (10 ) The most annoying game ever created! It is recommended you do not try this first. Only with practise, skill, logic and luck can you hope to claim the 10 points available here!
  • Chicken Dodge - (25 ) You get more points the longer you can survive this barrage of chickens. I tried to get turkeys, but they hate Christmas enough already. 6 point bonus to the winner and 2 points to the 2nd placer. It is very unlikely that anybody will get 25 points on this one.
  • Dodge Meteors - (Potentially Infinite ) 3 pads, 1 gets randomly meteored. You get 1 point every round you survive and a bonus if you win.
  • Pit Of Doom - (10 ) Heave in horror as the pits are not square or circular! They are very strategic and have many powers guaranteed to create the tension you need.
  • Mind Maze - (10 ) Double up in disbelief as the impossible becomes reality. This devious maze forces you to experiment and utilise all the trigger trick you know of. WARNING: This game was not designed for N00bs!
  • Catapult Duel - (10 ) Battle across beautiful water that I made as you fire fireballs at your enemies.
  • Hawk Attack - (10 ) A strange game of pure chance. Fly in a random direction to escape the evil Hawks!
  • Ye Olde Credits - (0 ) Reminding you that this is my map.
  • Assassins - (10 ) With limited LOS you must have your daily kills.
  • Gamble - (25 ) Oh the British and their bad luck hate this one! You need to know when to quit or risk leaving empty handed in this game of chance. The chances of getting the 25 points are 1/1024. If you win give me a screenshot!
  • Anubite Race - (10 ) Not the conventional route. This game forces you to explore. There are many quick routes.
  • Relic Hunt - (20 ) Be the first to find 10 relics in this labyrinth. 2 points per relic.
  • Bolt Wars - (13 ) Quick draw! Fly around as a pegasus armed with bolts. 3 points per kill.
  • Agricultural Madness - (Potentially 96 ) A game of my own creation. Steal as many farms as you can in the 3 rounds. 0.5 points per farm. Potentially 96 points but make sure that doesn't happen!
  • Relic Wars - (10 ) Collect relics to duplicate yourself. Last player standing wins.
  • Chariot Race - (10 ) Brief Race in the Spina to gain your 10 points. There are 6 points available to the person who comes second. Watch out for powers!
  • Projectile Summoners - (10 ) Fire at targets or enemies to increase in number, last player standing wins.
  • Dwarf Hurdles - (10 ) You'd be surprised how many idiots don't see the terrain colour similar to their own or even click the dwarf and make someone else win. 10 points to the winner, 6 for the seconder.
  • Minefield - (10 ) Hurry across this evil forest and watch out for exploding monkeys!
  • The Great Race - (10 ) The longest race on the map!
  • Build A Hoplite - (10 ) Ye Olde Classic.

What could have been

• VAMPIRES! - (10 ) You are losing health continually. Stand near a villager to leech their health into yours, but be careful! You might catch AIDS!
  • Maths Challenge - (10 ) Fear the randomly generated questions and answers. As well as the nerdy maths teacher...

Those games are not included ^^. However there are some triggers for Maths Challenge.

Notes

Version 1.3: May contain some bugs. Got rid of the test message :p.

Fixed major bug.

Known Bugs

• In Build A Hoplite, if you buy too many mining upgrades you will exhaust your gold supply.
  • I cant be bothered to write all the objectives. Who looks at them anyway? There are instruction cinematics so there's no need for them.
  • Pages: « First « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 » Last »
    AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
    ManintheMirror I love it. Do you see any way to make a whole scenario that looks like the Mind Maze? That game is so original that I loved it.
    Yeebaagooon
    Staff
    File Author
    It would be possible to make a whole scenario like that, hmm thats an idea :p.

I actually have made a full 400x400 scenario of The Eternity Game, if the mini version wasnt annoying enough ;p.
    Milkman Matty
    (id: Khan And Steak)
    Oh crap! sorry review... right on its way.

Oh and btw, Khan and I both know how to stop/counter all 'anti noob edits'. Ww both refuse to say it in public and will only tell people that we trust in private (like you :D) ~ Steak

[Edited on 12/26/07 @ 11:47 PM]

indefinite356 HI YEEBBAAAGGGGOOOOOON!!!!!!!!!
    lol, anyway...PLEASE DONT QUIT MULTIPLAYER U ROCK AT IT. I HAD TO CREATE AN AOMHEAVEN ACCOUNT TO ADDRESS THIS PROBLEM. Sorry for caps and possible spam lol.
    Also there is a bug...if you do the great race minigame, sometimes the nature units follow the horse if the person resigned :S
    Oh and, i am the glorious distributor of this holy map? lol....I barely playtested it before I went off AOM for a while. Oh well. Yay!
    Also a bad sign...i only hosted the game twice and each time every player was a playtester that you listed.... o_O Q_Q T_T >:(

Edit: Please for the sake of humanity don't make an entire scenario for The Eternity Game on a 400x400 map.

From the glorious distributor of this holy map, indefinite356 :P.

[Edited on 12/26/07 @ 11:55 PM]

Milkman Matty
    Yeah I saw that when I was looking for the Mercenary trick trigger (more on that later). I'm pretty sure he wanted it to have every person that was playing as a play tester because I don't know any other reason why he would put:

{playername(1)} Trusty distributer etc etc.
    {Playername(2)} Loyal Player
    {Playername(3)} Loyal Player
    {Playername(4)} Loyal Player

So it's not that your the ONLY "Oh glorious distributor of this holy map". It will say that for every host(er) ~ Steak

@Yeebaagooon

I thought better of you! That was too easy to find! I would say more but that would give away hints. But yeebaa... tisk, tisk *shakes index finger at screen*

[Edited on 12/27/07 @ 12:08 AM]

Yeebaagooon
    Staff
    File Author
    Hehe. *Does random action*

If you also look under MCC you ewill find some triggers for the maths challenge.

And indefinate, I already have :p.
    Milkman Matty
    Rating
    Breakdown
    Playability5.0
    Balance5.0
    Creativity5.0
    Map Design4.0
    Story/Instructions4.0
    Playability: 5
    Oh, the fun I had playing this map! Played it 3 times to get the best of all the maps and play them at least twice. You really get the games sorted into your favourites, the hated ones and the middle/okay ones. You really hope that your favourites get picked. Lots of variety means nothing to repetitive, even if the concept is the same (Minefield, dodge the Meteor, chicken dodge). I really enjoyed some of the game (my favourites are Anubite race, tanks, mind maze, build a hoplite and dwarf hurdles) and really hated some of them, please for goodness sakes make a checkpoint on the Eternity one, or get rid of it - so many times I just waited for the draw to happen. Another one I didn't like, but no where near as much as Eternity, was Dodge the Meteor - I kept on dieing for no reason, maybe I as too close to the green (even though I wasn't on it :S). The only other one that I thought was stupid was the Hawk Attack - pretty much just sit there and hope for the best, becuase if you move you die first. But concerning that there are a total of 1 games and I dislike 3 means you've made 18 decent/nice/great/sweet maps and I'm sure that others will disagree with the maps that I dislike as well :D.

Balance: 4.5 (rounds up)
    Keeping the game, 21 games actually, balanced would have been so hard to accomplish - but to my delight you've pulled off quite nicely. You've managed to keep objects that can be used defensively or that get in the way not in the same position (just rotated to fit, like most designers do; just because it's easiest) but you've managed to keep it interesting and still equal. Some things that I thought was a bit weird was that in the chariot race you left them all at a level/straight start when that leaves player 2 and players 3 & 4 especially behind player 1, I thought that you would have gone with a staggered start (like the athletes in the Olympics). Apart from that there was nothing that I can remember to unbalanced so 20/21 games where balanced next to perfectly with god powers, resources, objects, terrain and units.

Creativity: 5
    What can I say? Beautiful cut scenes, movies, great trigger tricks, free-roam game choosing, love the colored and modified text (not just boring straight text but with underlinings, text pictures etc) good use of elevation (more on that later) and nice anti-noob defense just to name a few off the top of my head. The games where each unique making sure that the users/players don't get bored. You've created a whole knew dimension in the world of creativity here my friend.

Map Design: 4
    If I was using the standard of the Review Guidelines then you should get a 2, having large, blank, straight edge spaces. But since it works very well for the purpose you wanted it to serve and they often hid surprises (like tremor/shockwave), your not going to get a 2. The areas were blank but not all the same terrain and were often, if not always, bordered by a different terrain or by objects that in my opinion contrasted very well. My only con is that your changes in elevation where too overused, up, down, up, down, up, down it's not so much of an eyesore as it is a game play issue, but I thought that I should bring it up here. Don't get me wrong in some places it was necessary to use it, like the catapults minigame, but you could have used something else, more amusing to the eyes in other places - like the great race.

Story/Instructions: 4
    The only thing that brought down your score here is that you have no story, oh and the seldom spelling error. There is no reason why the people are there, why or what your competing for, what you win if you win. Tell me a story by letting me playing the game. No story should give you a 3 but becuase you wrote instructions for nearly all the mini games anyone can see that you have put a lot of effort in. Angle Rasher said
    "There's no excuse for having spelling errors in a scenario... it simply shows a lack of effort on the part of the designer"
    But I realize that you were most likely getting rather anxious, weary and probably getting a bit sick of designing the map when you wrote the objectives after just designing one big-but of a map. So writing all of the objectives after finishing the game-play side of things was most likely not one of your favourite things to do. So I will judge your effort input in other areas.

Additional Comments:
    Love the map, play it time and time again with my friends and will definitely recommended it.

Congratulations ~ Steak

[Edited on 12/27/07 @ 06:44 AM]

Yeebaagooon
    Staff
    File Author
    Lol thankyou, an honest great and juicy review.

For chariot race I decided to give player 3 and 4 a headstart while handicapping player 1, because the host usually knows what to do.

As you know, eyecandy is not and will never be one of my strong points.

As for the spelling errors, it can be a bit hard if you are typing 2 letter per second.

[Edited on 12/27/07 @ 07:07 AM]

indefinite356 how could you yee?!! I am so sad! >:( and very disappointed...im not a true playtester?!
    And lol...I beat Eternity Game in about 10 tries. I also won the Mind Maze! lol so confusing...yet so tricky..floating water :P.

OH GOD NO! YEE MADE A SCENARIO FOR THE ETERNITY GAME. EVERYONE TO THE BUNKERS ITS THE END OF THE WORLD! *runs away, hides underneath bed, and assumes fetile position*

[Edited on 12/27/07 @ 02:10 PM]

Peter Fallon
    (id: Xzyiothe)
    Gosh, I love this game :D

A week since the last comment- I don't care! This game definately need a sequel, eventually.

*next time slaps me for a few ideas before you release it, mk?*
    Pages: « First « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
    Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
    Forgot password?
    Rating
    Breakdown
    Playability4.5