Download File Post Review Post Comment

The Merry Christmas Modpack Teaser

Author File Description
PrplPplEater
File Details
Screenshot:
Version: Both

A mod by The God of Mods and The Purple People Eater

About In the spirit of Christmas, The God of Mods and I have decided to revamp the 2006 Santa Modpack and bring you a new set of Santa-themed goodies.

The "Merry Christmas Modpack" will feature elven workers, reindeer, snowmen, Rudolph, Nutcracker, Santa's workshop, the north pole and of course, Santa and his sleigh. Also featured in this mod are several god powers such as present barrage, cookie storm and snow day!

Contribution As you might have expected, I will be responsible for animations and models and PPE will be in charge of coding and texturing the units in this modpack. And PPE did that title. Sexy, eh?

About this Version This is the teaser edition, which was released in order of the understandable absence of The God of Mods during his business during the holidays. He has apologized for his not being able to help complete the mod and hopes that you all can be patient and wait on the release.

In this version are two units: The snowman and the elf. The snowman hurls snowballs at enemy units and hops around to get where he's going, while the elf can either fire candy cane arrows or smack enemies with his large candy cane. The elf features 5 different variation textures, hopefully with even more to come in the final release!

Both a vanilla and a titans folder are included, and be sure to check out the read me for installation/uninstallation instructions! Also, I apologize to all the Windows downloaders. Just ignore all the .DS_Store files and the MACOSX files. They're Mac folder archive files, much like your Thumbs.db. The release version will not have these files.

Merry Christmas AoMH!

Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Donut3500 WOOT First download! I've been waiting for this!

EDIT: Umm, a bit weird. Infact alot weird. Try it out in the editor. The santa's helpers are fine (very good actually), but I can't see the snowball at all and the candy cane just appears as a white bar on the ground then disappears after about 10 seconds, but the weirdest of all is the snowman.

His textures completely change randomly while he's alive. Sometimes when I place him he starts off in a little green coat but then if I hover the cursor over him he goes player-colour and black all over, or sometimes he gets placed as a radker version of the above, and sometimes he goes white with blue stripes. At no point does he look like he does in the screenshots with a white body. He also often randomly jumps while he's moving.

And this night not be a bug, but his attacking animation is him waving his right arm, nothing else, and yet it does heavy ranged damage.

Plus he's not erased by the Cliff or Forest tool.

So umm, there's just a few things you might need to work on. Keep going though! :)

[Edited on 12/25/07 @ 06:17 AM]

PrplPplEater
File Author
Anybody who downloaded, it's time to re-download. The snowman texture turned out to be missing as well, so the new version has a snowman texture and a snowball anim. Everything is up to date now.
Banoffee Um...I'm having trouble installing. What exactly are we supposed to put in the data file? There is only one file in the mod's data folder called 'protox bits', but in the read me it mentions protox.xml and techtreez.xml. If this is obvious I'm sorry if I sounded like a noob.
PrplPplEater
File Author
I believe that in the readme I mentioned protox bits.txt, and that you need to copy its contents into the bottom of your protox.xml file, right before the tag.

Sorry if that was confusing.
The God of Mods :( sry everyone since I do this as a hobby I didn't account for how much time I would have coming up to chrsitmas :( I also got a new computer that tok afew days to debug so I'm back now I'll start finishing everything up a day or so after christmas
Apologies,
GoM
Banoffee Thats fine GOM I'm looking forward to it. But anyway, I'm still having trouble. I extracted the data2 file in the data folder to get the protox. But when I opened up the protox it was just lines and lines of nonsence, nothing like what it should look like. So I really don't know what to do.
nuclear arbitor is it a .xmb or a .xml? .xmb is totally unreadable whereas .xml should be readable.
PrplPplEater
File Author
The package has now been updated. Sorry for those who tried and found the same download.

Ok, now its time to re-download to get the snowman texture and snowball anim. Everything works now!
Banoffee I checkedd and it was xmb
FrenChy_Killer i downloaded the file and tried to read the "read me" file but it was password protected. what do i do?
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:906
Favorites: [Who?]1
Size:2.50 MB