Single Player Scenarios » Clansong - Part One

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Clansong - Part One

Author File Description
Kang
File Details
Version: AoM: The Titans
THIS IS NOW THE CORRECT COMPLETE MAP.

This is the first scenario in a campaign series about Groudor, a wolf Clan leader. In this campaign, Groudor finds himself and his kind targeted by a evil men who are obsessed with wiping out his kind forever.

Homeless, hungry, and with diminished numbers, Groudor will nevertheless push forward; through the cold razing of enemy villages, through dark caverns infested with trolls and other creatures, to battling a mighty dragon with only a few wolves and the brains in his skull.

The biggest challenge of most of this campaign will be limited numbers and limited units. For one, you will usually only have Fenris Wolves under your command. At the same time, you will likely be unable to replenish your forces - or doing so will require completing objectives or destroying enemies in the first place (for example, the second scenario grants you food as you destroy enemy buildings. Once you hit a certain amount of food, another Fenris Wolf appears). As the campaign progresses, there will be plenty of puzzle-ish objectives, secondary objectives, and a general use of brain over brawn.

In fact, this is my FIRST custom scenario, so here we go!

*NOTE: If there is some error with the map, or if the map is, somehow, incomplete, let me know. I'll slap my forehead and fix it.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Cerberus23 Hmm.Sounds fun.I might DL later.

P.S. Are you Kang as in Kangorilaphant's Forum?
Kang
File Author
Good god, that's a mouthful. No, I'm not, and if I had a name that long, I'd have changed it long ago.
Weed Basket
(id: Baske)
Haha, I could understand :p

I have some remarks though about your main post, as it's supposed to promote your scenario.
Here's what I'd change to make it more appealing:
- Add some features about what the game includes
- Add some screenshots to tease the audience, and get them interested
- Turn it into a nice story :)

Kang
File Author
Hee hee, thanks. I updated with a more 'Campaign Overview' than a scenario overview, as the first scenario is rather easy and fairly straightforward. Not a whole lot of eye candy, either (it's so darn hard to make a little camp look pretty, especially with Norse).
I Love Bananas Ah, edit.

[Edited on 01/03/08 @ 11:35 AM]

Kang
File Author
The caged wolves attacked you? Strange...they're supposed to convert...I've never had that happen when I've played it.

Yeah, my cinematics suck because I couldn't figure out how to change the damn camera angle, heh. Never fear, I have figured it out, and I've made (what I think) are some nice cinematics for some of the other scenarios in the series.

Wait...my scenario DOES have objectives...and messages...what's going on? *Looks at map file* is this the right **** map? I feel like I should check now, because it doesn't look like we're talking about quite the same scenario.

I'll check this afternoon, but I think somehow you received an incomplete version of the map...

Did you see the cinematic that showed you the different camps and suggestions of which to attack first? When you went to the camps, were targets flashed and chat sent telling you to attack them? If so, when you destroyed them, did the wolves convert? And finally, did the north camp have enemy units? If not, you received a VERY unfinished version.

EDIT: Ok...I just looked at my map versions on this account (my computer has two account, Guest and Admin, which is locked by a password). It looks like SOMEHOW I uploaded the absoloute OLDEST version of the map onto the site. Completely my fault, but there you go. I will rectify it this afternoon with the full, much BETTER map, with allied wolves that don't attack you and MUCH more in the way of story and actual enemies.

[Edited on 01/02/08 @ 12:06 PM]

I Love Bananas Just click the "Update" button, and add the correct file. I'll update my review accordingly. :)
Kang
File Author
Thanks, I'll do that ASAP (which is this afternoon =X). I'm in the central timezone, BTW.
Milkman Matty
(id: Khan And Steak)
Wow, nice review ILB. I was just reading through all the comments/reviews on this map and I especially liked his first line in response to your review.

"The caged wolves attacked you? Strange...they're supposed to convert...I've never had that happen when I've played it."

Craks me up every time ~ Khan
Kang
File Author
Yeah, real frickin' funny. =P

Anyway, updated with the ACTUAL map.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account