File Details
Screenshot:
Version: AoM: The Titans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
|THE GREAT QUESTIONS OF LIFE||BY BASKE|
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~

"Did I enjoy this? Yes!" - Mephiles
"This is worth a download." - Yeebaagooon
"As soon as I get a better graphics card for my mac to play TT, I will definately DL it!" - firefax

"Reviewed by Titan602 (Mephiles), a 4.4!"

Awarded with "Best Cinematic" in "The Fifth Somewhat-Annually-Held Designer Awards" with a staggering 100% (!!) of the votes!

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
We all sometimes lie in bed, and question ourselves: what does really happen when I die? Questions we are eager to know the answer to, but would rather not find them out ourselves.
Simple questions, but yet, so extremely difficult to answer. Many people claim to have the answer, but it will never get further than "claiming to have the answer", as it's just impossible to tell whether the person saying it is right, or wrong.

This film will guide you through some of those questions, but giving the answer to them was just a bridge too far.
_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

~~~~~~~
|FEATURES|
~~~~~~~

- A beautiful sunken city, a mysterious graveyard, and more!
- Beautifully coordinated animations, giving the film that extra touch.
- Two amazingly beautiful songs, to get you in just the right mood for the film.
- An over 6 minutes lasting film, with non-stop eye-candy and deep words.

~~~~~~~~~~~
|HOW TO INSTALL|
~~~~~~~~~~~

- Unzip the "The_Great_Questions_of_Life.zip"
- Copy the "The Great Questions of Life - by Baske.scx" to your "Scenarios" folder.
(standard folder: My Documents/My Games/Age of Mythology/Scenarios)
- Copy the "Baskes Adventures Part II.lgt" to your "data" folder.
(standard folder: C:/Program Files/Microsoft Games/Age of Mythology/data
- Copy the folder named "Great Questions of Life" to the sounds directory.
(standard folder: Program Files/Microsoft Games/Age of Mythology/sounds
PLAY THE FILM!
To uninstall simply delete all files above from their directories.

FOR THOSE OWNING AOM, OR VANILLA, CLICK THIS LINK FOR THE .WMV VERSION:
Recorded Version

A production of:

Alternate Banner
Other Baske Productions work: Baske's Great Adventures Part Uno, Aztec Bravery and Vegetative State

Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
icemclean This looks reeeeeally good! However, I only have AoM, not AoM:TT, could you do an AoM-only version too? Please? ^.^
Yeebaagooon
Staff
This was a lot better than the first one :).

UPS:
* Great eyecandy!
* Funny in some places
* Thought provoking
* Good music

DOWNS:
* A lot of lag at the start
* You could have added a bit more

But overall very good :).

[Edited on 01/01/08 @ 01:41 PM]

Weed Basket
(id: Baske)
File Author
@icemclean, if I could get Fraps to work, I could record it and make it viewable in Windows Media Player.

@Yeebaagooon: thx! About the lag: it's unfortunate, but luckily only for a short while. And about the fact I could've added a bit more, hmm, yeah, you're right.
Son_of_the_King That was really good. Better than last time.

I liked the ending ;).
Mephiles
(id: Titan602)
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance5.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions5.0
I can't comment on playability and balance, because it is not playable.

Watchability: 4
Did I enjoy this? Yes! There were many different and interesting things to look at and read. I can't say any more about this. Try using a computer voice for the narrator if you can't do it yourself. ( http://www.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php ) I can't observe the view if I have to read.

Balance: 5
All I can say about this is camera tracks, which were excellent. They were complex, let smooth, which can sometimes be hard to do. I liked the scene where the camera was travelling through the town, wizzing past the allys and roads. Another was the view in the oppening scene. It was a perfect angle to view the lake from. Good job with those.

Creativity: 4
It was a very good idea. Well done with this. It spoke to me in a way, but I'll go on to that later. What you touched on in the video was good. It did what good documentries do, which was to allow the viewer to be given just the facts whenever possible, so that they and they alone can find the answer for themselves. I liked what you did in this, because you talked about something we already know and yet take for granted. It not only somewhat answers the question of life, it makes people realise who they are.

The only thing I believe was inappropriet was the beginning and the ending. Comedy is a definate no no in things like this.

Map Design: 4
Every corner containec beauty. What was one of the best areas was the opening scene, with those trees on the cliffs surounding the lake. A perfect background for the narrator. Another good part was the area where it was going through the town. The lighting mixed perfectly, and the Kemsyet running past was a nice touch. The only problem was the room with the TV. The rocks that created the wall were causing major lag. Get rid of some.

Story: 5
This spoke to me. I was captivated, because I was told who I am in this universe... and in a game. :P I don't know what else I can say. Well done with this. It's very entertaining.

Additional Comments:
Well done! :D

[Edited on 01/01/08 @ 05:06 PM]

Yeebaagooon
Staff
Mephiles, you are risking review deletion for lack of fields. I would advise adding watchability and balance of camera tracks / objects / lag as your other fields.
Weed Basket
(id: Baske)
File Author
@icemclean: I have used Fraps to make a film, and there was a slight problem with the size, it was.. well... slightly to large? About 3.9GB too much? Without exaggerating.

Compressing the film has been proven impossible. I'm sorry.
Mephiles
(id: Titan602)
How's my review now?
Yeebaagooon
Staff
A lot better :).
icemclean Aw. OK.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username: