Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Single Player Scenarios » ROME 78 B.C (Demo)

Download File Post Review Post Comment

ROME 78 B.C (Demo)

Author File Description
pharoh_elite
File Details
Screenshot:
Version: AoM: The Titans
ROME 78 B.C (Demo)
BY ANNODOMINIUS

VISIT THE WEBSITE

It's the year 78 B.C and Sulla, one of the most dangerous and powerful men Rome has ever seen, has died in his country manor. For some,
Sulla's reign brought wealth and prosperity to their lives, to many more it brought death, humiliation and exile. One such exile, by the name of Gaius Julius Caesar, had been living in a lifestyle not equal to his birth but now, with Sulla dead and his faction divided, Caesar can return to home and build his political career. The time has come for a new Rome to emerge, and Caesar is determined to be the one who makes it happen.

You take control of Julius Caesar in his quest to establish a name for himself in political Rome. You must use whatever resources are available to you in order to climb the senatorial ladder and become dictator for life, whether that be by subtle coercion or brute force is up to you. Form alliances with other factions, hire assassins to kill off your opposition, launch electoral campaigns and much more as you progress through 20 years of toil to reach your goal.

Introduction:

This scenario is not yet completed so any features included in this demo may not be included in the final version.If you have any comments regarding the scenario or you wish to find out more, please visit:

ROME 78 B.C Showcase Thread

Critical Reactions:

Quoted from Banoffee:

"...One of the most creative scenarios I've played in a long time. Your eyecandy is amazing... really put me in awe. Everyone should download and play it, it is worth every second."

Quoted from angryzor:

"Wow! Two seconds in the game and I felt that I had to turn off the light and fully enjoy this... I've always wanted to play a scenario like this."

Quoted from Old Bachus:

"This looks like the The Sims meets Julius Caeser , it should rule!..."

PLEASE NOTE, THIS IS JUST A DEMO VERSION

Installation:

• Copy the 'ROME 78 BC (Demo).scx' into the 'C:\My Documents\My Games\Age of Mythology\Scenario' folder in your AOM Directory.

• Copy the 'Sound' folder into the 'C:\program files\microsoft games\age of mythology\' folder.

• Copy the 'Textures' folder into the 'C:\program files\microsoft games\age of mythology\' folder.

• Install the modifications 'Senators' and 'The Terracotta Wall' included in this download. Seperate install instructions are contained within their .zip files.

N.B: The Terracotta Wall mod is optional.

Uninstallaton:

• See the seperate uninstall instructions contained within the modification .zip files.

FAQ:

Question: How do I view the message given to me by the Governor?

Answer: Type the code 'r001' into the chat box.
    _________

Question: How do I assign a task to a slave?

Answer: Click on the slave you wish to assign a task to, then type either 'CLEANER', 'PROTECTOR', 'MESSENGER', 'CHEF', 'SHOPPER', or 'IDLE' in the chat box. (Note only 'CLEANER' and 'IDLE' are available in this Demo)
    _________

Question: Why do Gaia Creep Flowers keep appearing on the ground?

Answer: The Gaia Creep Flowers represent dirt on the ground. A slave assigned as a cleaner will remove these.
    _________

Question: Why is The Terracotta Wall Mod optional?

Answer: The Terracotta Wall only replaces the existing Atlanean Wall texture. It is there purely for aesthetics.

CREDITS:

ROME 78 BC

• Copyright © AnnoDominius, all rights reserved.
  • Created using Age of Mythology - Gold Edition.
  • Special Thanks to the AOMh community for improvement suggestions.

THE TERRACOTTA WALL

• Copyright © AnnoDominius, all rights reserved.
  • Created using Adobe Photoshop 7.0.
  • Special Thanks to The Purple People Eater for improvement suggestions.

THE SENATORS

• Idea Copyright © AnnoDominius, all rights reserved.
  • Modification Copyright © Dan_Swordsman, all rights reserved.

OTHER WORKS BY ANNODOMINIUS

The Legend of Captain Kidd

The Legend of Captain Kidd whisks you back to the colonial era, an age where pirates sailed the seas seeking treasure and the British Navy and East India Trading Company waged a constant war against them. This cinematic, rated 4.2 by AOMh downloaders, displays cinematography at its best and is sure to entertain any lover of film

RELEASED 2004

Cassius Belli - Gallic Betrayal

It's the end of the 4th century BC and Rome's borders strech from the harsh alps of Northern Italy down to the lavish countryside of Sicily. General Thalius and Centurion Dallius embark on a peaceful diplomatic trip to the allies in Southern Gaul but soon discover that treachery is afoot and must race home before the enemy strikes to save Rome and the Republic. Rated an impressive 4.4 by AOMh downloaders, this single-player scenario is sure to impress any lover of the RPG genre

RELEASED 2007

The Lost Ruins of Mesoamerica - Bolivia

It's 2008. An article has appeared in The Times newspaper reporting that after using new experimental carbon-dating an Inca artifact is revealled as dating from 1752, 250 years after the the fall of the Inca civilisation. Duchess Carolina Rowancroft, renowned archaeologist and wealthy British land-owner, has decided to jump on the next flight to Bolivia and find out if these rumours are true. Little did she know she would find more than just Incan treasure there...

RELEASED 2009

Copyright © AnnoDominius, all rights reserved.
  • Pages: « First « 1 2 3 [4] 5 » Last »
    AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
    pharoh_elite
    File Author
    There's no need to be rude about it, much better to let the author know where the problem is and what exactly happened. There seems to be some sort of technical issue going on but only some people are experiencing it. I want to try and fix it and I can only do that with your constructive help.
    pharoh_elite
    File Author
    1000 downloads, thanks everyone
    Sniper1988 Well to start with i downloaded the files and installed this demo as per readme file. Quite easy but had some problems with protox.xml file, I havent installed any mods for AOM so i didnt know what a protox.xml file is thankfully there is plenty of information on this site about it,Solved my problem and demo worked like a charm.

Anyone else having same problem check this link
    http://aom.heavengames.com/scendesign/modding/newunits

Review :-

Creativity: 5
    I liked the concept,especially the command system, Its really cool to assign tasks to slaves that way.

Playability: 4
    Very Enjoyable, its fun to move around and assign tasks to slaves and explorer the ambience.

Balance: 5
    Very Balanced scenario. Music and atmosphere all fits the theme perfectly.

Map Design: 5
    The house was so cute, I mean all those little details like food crates, torches and flags. Nice work !!

Story/Instructions: 5
    Nice story.Tutorial was good, following the Governor through the house was interesting.

-------------------------------------------
    I encountered some bugs too :

1. For some reason during the tutorial general couldnt make it to the kitchen and i had to restart the scenario.

2. Same problem when he went to show the store room.
    ---------------------------------------------

Additional Comments:
    I think the story is very nice and creative and everyone should download and play this demo. I cant wait for the Full version. (^_^)

[Edited on 08/23/08 @ 02:57 PM]

pharoh_elite
    File Author
    @ Sniper1988: Thankyou for your review. I will take your bug reports and try and make sure they don't occur in the final version. Your comments are however, a bit on the short side, if you could give examples of why you rated in certain areas and not higher or lower and what could be improved upon, besides the technical issues, that would be great. Also, you've rated a 5 for story and instructions however the rating given is a 4. Could you correct this or correct the written review to reflect the lower rating. Thanks again :)

[Edited on 08/19/08 @ 06:54 AM]

EnergonX I cant find the protox.xml file in my age of mythology/data/
    can someone help me out?

Edit: Nvm found out how, check the post on the page before this

[Edited on 10/17/08 @ 03:46 PM]

highfire666 is there already the full game and if there is already one where can i find it
    aZeusdude2 Kick ass scenario! Can't wait for the real one!
    pharoh_elite
    File Author
    thanks for your comments - no the real scenario is not available yet - it's a long work in process - keep a look out for it thou :)
    This kid I know this sounds like a noobish question, but where is Julius Caeser? I've tryed to play it about three times and everytime he's not there. Can you please help because it looks too awesome not to play!
    pharoh_elite
    File Author
    If Julius Caesar isn't there then it is probably because the mod isn't installed correctly. You will need to install the mod into your protox file. If you've never installed a mod before this is probably the reason you're having difficulties.

Here is a guide on how to install mod units using the protox.xmb, go to Centurion_13's first reply:

http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=19,20690,,all

[Edited on 12/19/08 @ 05:40 PM]

Pages: « First « 1 2 3 [4] 5 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
    Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
    Forgot password?
    Rating
    Breakdown
    Playability5.0