New Files

Single Player Scenarios » Age Of Heroes - Arkantos

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Age Of Heroes - Arkantos

Author File Description
Dope
File Details
Version: AoM
The war of gods is coming soon and heroes are needed.Play five charecters from their youth as villagers to their heroic days and join them all in one final battle.In this scenario you'll play as Arkantos.The equel is coming in a week or so and it'll be all about Ajax and a week after that the next sequel...
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
SCXKastor
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance3.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Playability: 4
Very Playable. So fun that I didn't even know it was not the Titans until I went to write this review. A very Nice use of lots of units. A must have for everyone!

Balance: 3
You walked a lot. I mean a lot. THe fighting/working was to my liking, but the walking was to much. Other than that, it was very balanced.

Creativity: 5
The idea of a villager becoming a hero is a little old, but the way you made the scenario made it worth it. I LOVED the dino. Also the quests kept you on your feet.

Map Design: 5
Great map, lots of mixed terrains and no part of the map went unused. Not much eyecandy, but it reminded me of the original AOM scenarios a lot. Nice use of the destroyed buildings also.

Story/Instructions: 4
Sometimes your instructions were a little hard to interpret. I spent a while trying to figure out where the chicken theif was, and the troll was hard to find also.

Additional Comments:For the medusa quest, it says to go to the priest for pay, but when you walk over there, nothing happens.
When you get the destroyed town, you may want to concider changing the villies and scout to player 1, or getting rid of them.
The Destroyed buildings were kind of hard to build around also. you could have them destroyed as you approach.
Dope
File Author
Thank you for such a great comment:It really means a lot because this is my first scenario.
Medusa quest was edited after everything else was finished so I must have forgot to set a reward trigger.I know there's a lot of walking but that's because there was something wrong with teleporter.A teleported unit would always walk away after being telepotred.The original idea was to have Athena appear when you complete your quest and give you the next one.
About the villagers and scout I don't know how to make them not appear when the game starts.Those are default units that always appear at your town center when the game starts.
The troll and cyclops quest were suposed to make you spend some time looking for them.
I know there is no much space to build but that's because it was all about gathering resources and building an army.

[Edited on 02/13/08 @ 01:38 PM]

icemclean Great work! Only one slight discrepancy: what's this go to do with Arkantos...?
Otherwise, this is certainly a very well-made SPS, although a little more terrain-mixing wouldn't hurt.
masose3 nice map i liked playing it.
P.S can u give links for all ur other ones on this dload page.

[Edited on 03/08/08 @ 06:45 PM]

ragnorak_ben wow cant wait to play this description makes me feel so excited
Dope
File Author
Just look for Age of Heroes scenarios

[Edited on 04/26/08 @ 07:36 AM]

Life Achiever Playability: 4
okay on the playabilty

Balance: 3
the balance could have been better

Creativity: 5
excelent creativaty

Map Design: 5
good placement of things

Story/Instructions: 3
you could have given better instructions

Additional Comments:
exelent performance
it was confusing to find the priest at the temple when it was athena at the shrine

[Edited on 03/22/08 @ 05:09 PM]

Yeebaagooon
Staff
Life Achiever, your review has been deleted because it does not comply with the review guidelines. Please read them.

http://aom.heavengames.com/reviewguide

:)
rikki This very very good scenarios you are the best in map editiour i have ever seen!!! (plz can you set another comment in adventure of theris i have been updated that).
Dope
File Author
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee 60000000000000000000000000000000
dooooooooooownlooooooooooooooads
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?