Utility Programs » Elvarg_Flame Anti-Edit Security System

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Elvarg_Flame Anti-Edit Security System

Author File Description
Elvarg_Flame

Developed by

ANGRYZOR

How to use:

•Extract the typetest_AntiEdit into your trigger2 folder which is usually in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology\trigger2

•After that, open AoM, and put a trigger, then select the effect Elvarg_Flame Anti-Edit Security System. At the end of making your map, put a unit with a short lifespan (mercenary, lightning strike, poison sfx, ext.). If a n00b goes into the editor to edit it, the unit will die. If it dies IN THE EDITOR, then if the n00b tries to play the game, it will set all players defeated and spam taunt 999 about 50 times.

Angryzor said I could put this on AoMH, and has no problem with the name.

Please Comment!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Shad0w_Hawk
Rating
Rating: 5
Its an excellent trigger and now it will stop pretty much any noob trying to edit your made maps. Although everyone should keep in mind the unit should be a mercenary and you could make it so big its impossible to see or you could make it soo small. either way works but amazing security system! Time to trick some more noobs...

Additional Comments:(None, just great)
Godofmonkeyz Awesome ive been wanting to use this trigger since i screwed up a minigames thing i downloaded by going into the editor...
Elvarg_Flame
File Author
lol, ok, also, please use this and rate it!
Milkman Matty
(id: Khan And Steak)
Rating
Rating: 1.5
Okay... First off, I will say that, this utility is only a basic one. Fact is you could do the same thing without this trigger in about 10 seconds longer - this wouldn't be so bad except that you only use the trigger once. If the trigger was highly used and it cut off 10 seconds of time then using this effect would be much more rewarding timewise.

In terms off working - its fine; but in terms of useablility - only someone that didn't know the old way would use this.

Additional Comments:
I am somewhat impressed by the coding but I am disheartened that you take all the credit for what Angryzor did - yes I know that he said that was okay and that he doesn't mind. The reason I bring this up is that this product is making you out to be something you're not (You didn't make the product you just put your name and label on it).

I'm sorry but I wouldn't recommend this to anyone; I would rather them do it the old way found here:

http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=13&tn=22213&f=13,,,all&st=0
Here
http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=13&tn=22213&f=13,,,all&st=0#post12
And here
http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=13,25377,,all

Not only do these help you build up your triggering abilities, they also help you not to rely on separate triggers, only the ones that are built into/come with the game ~ Khan

[Edited on 02/23/08 @ 06:05 PM]

Elvarg_Flame
File Author
ok............................................. Have you even tried it, because if you haven't then I don't think you should be rating it, also, I did give Angryzor credit...............

[Edited on 02/23/08 @ 12:11 PM]

TBK145 Lol,
Slnts_Glaooe Lèti-Sdit Sesutitg Sgsteoo?

Didn't Angryzor already released this?
Elvarg_Flame
File Author
ur thinking of the TriggerToOne that Angryzor made; it compacts all triggers of a map into a single trigger. If you use this + TriggerToOne, your map will be TOTALLY uneditable.
Yeebaagooon
Staff
I am quite surprised that nobody else has stumbled upon my little trick of making the game crash if people edit.

Nice idea though.
Elvarg_Flame
File Author
Thanks yeebaagooon, your support is nice to have. :-)

[Edited on 02/23/08 @ 02:50 PM]

Milkman Matty
(id: Khan And Steak)
Elvarg, why would I rate something if I haven't tried it?

Yes I know that you have given credit to Angryzor in the showcase, I stated that in my rating (if you see I put that under additional comments and didn't use that as a factor towards your rating), but in the trigger itself it says "the Elvarg_Flame Anti-Editing Security System" and states nothing about Angryzor.

But enough about that, I didn't use that in your rating so there should be no reason to debate it further ~ Khan

[Edited on 02/23/08 @ 06:06 PM]

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:449