Download File Post Review Post Comment

Death King RPG!!!! Multiplayer Scenario

Author File Description
Baseballkid14
File Details
Screenshot:
# of Players: 6 Humans 3 Comps
Version: AoM: The Titans
New RPG made by Baseballkid14 by the name of Death King RPG. This is an excellent RPG with lots of effects to make it fun and interesting for all. The main storyline is simple. A new evil is about to be born. A minotaur. He is stronger than any hero player in the game so strategy and teamwork is key. The Peace Keeper is the "good" in the scenario and he is an all powerful guardian. THe heros have to fight their way through many places to lower the amounts of bad guys, and myths that get in their way. There is a shop in the middle with lots of stuff available. The heros must kill the death king before he gains power over the whole world.

In this scenario there is objectives if you don't know what to do next, there is also nice dialog and chat effects. ONLY players that are in game can send chat through triggers. If they're dead. The chat they WOULD'VE said is disabled and a different person would send the trigger chat. There is a booter in game so if there is a lagger he can be killed. Most ideas are original except for in the second quest(used mirror towers to summon myth units like in reinfires Doom Lords 3) but other than that, i havev a lot of ideas thought by me ALONE. The heroes that most people don't like get special abilities. Download to see what they are......

EDIT: I can't fix the out of sync bug (when you reach the land of the relics), if anyone can find it, I will ne very greatful. TY
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
xEXOLARx If you just boot a lagger it doesent mean the lag will stop it only means the lagger isint controlling anything, for the lagger to truely stop he has to leave the game... Sometimes the people who are the laggers get booted they get annoyed and want to watch you die and laught or taunt you at the end so the lag will still remain.
Baseballkid14
File Author
So I take it you DONT like my map? Oh well. I hosted it in online play the other day and it was a real hit. People didn't believe that I made it(I don't know why).
Anonymoose
(id: Squishfellow)
Review retracted.

[Edited on 03/23/08 @ 07:05 PM]

Baseballkid14
File Author
[q]
Watching our units hack at a unit for 10 minutes, then moving on to the next one and doing it all over again was not a fun experience. It was boring.
[/q]

Most units were 3 hit kills with the exception of a few that were more.

[q]
The 'special abilities' that our heroes got. Most were basically invoke ragnarok and get a power boost type of ability. The healers got restorations.
[/q]
I do not beleive the healers got
restorations. And only one player got that power boost(reginleif).

[b] I just fixed the map so the colossi will always be albel to eat [/b]
[q]Balance. The units have a ridiculous amount of hitpoints. And armour. At several points during the long and rather pointless trip to the shop a player had to lure the enemies away, get everyone else to kill them, then heal for the next minute.
[/q]

Perhaps i did overpower them but don't forget that the heroes have high HP as well.

[q]
Creativity is what makes most RPGs fun. New dungeons that people have never seen before, new puzzles to puzzle them with, new problems to solve. This is what most people who play RPGs want.
[/q]
I think i deserve more than a 3 on this. If you played the whole game you'd realize. :( :( :(

[q]
The Collosus eating gold in the Land of the Relics was fairly straightforward, except that noobs might not know that Collosi can eat goldmines.
[/q]

Maybe so but that was an all original idea and it sent chat to tell them what to do with them.

[q]
The random shop randomly in the middle of the map. It consisted of:

* Attack Upgrade
* Hp Upgrade
* Priests
* Catapults
[/q]

NONONONONONO
The random shop randomly in the middle of the map. It consisted of:

* Attack Upgrade
* Hp Upgrade
* Priests
* Catapults
* Armor Upgrade
* Frost Giants
* Cease Fire
* Restoration
*(Some other myth unit that I forget)

[q]
It was a boring shop, and there were alot of blank areas in it. It was such a huge walled area, but with some random guy and 4 stalls.
[/q]

Not random guy he is the leader who helps you. And 9 stalls

[q]
Eyecandy and Terrain Mixing. These two thing are crucial to scenarios. A map of Grass A terrain and a couple of tents will not make a good scenario.
[/q]

I beleive there were 4 main terrains. Each part of the world is intended to hold different challenges.

[q]
Eyecandy. Check out the eyecandy guides on this site in the Design Library. They contain some cool tricks and tips which improve the overall quality of a scenario.
[/q]

I'm more interested in modding and creating custom triggers now. I don't map design much anymore.

[q=Baseballkid14]
Hm..... Everyone online seemed to LOVE my map. I wonder why my first reviewer could be so negative. :( 2.8 :(
[/q]

EDIT: I just updated the map. Now the colossi can always work. Plz read what i have to say to each of your (negative)comments.

THX

[Edited on 03/21/08 @ 02:40 PM]

Anonymoose
Hmm.. Perhaps I was a little harsh there, seeing as I only played about half the map. But my comments about Map Design stand, and four main terrains in a map isn't enough. Try mixing in some Grass B, Gaia Lush and other green terrains to the grassy bit.

Try mixing in some Sand B, some other sandy terrains for the sandy part, etc. etc.

And by the way BBCODE is disabled in this section.

If you like, I can replay the map and re-review it for you.
Baseballkid14
File Author
Ok, I'd like that if you re-reviewed. No one will want to check it out if the rating says 2.8 stars. But although I am a little frusterated with you, I appreciate your criticism. I'm working on a sequel. (Just sarted today) and I will apply all the missing things that were missing from these. I am also working on a Troy RPG that i haven't worked on in a whilie because there are too many units to fight at once and I don't know how I can fix that without making it Unrealistic. And also, for the collosus working, I originally had them as player 0 and used "Unit Work". However, that effect didn't even work online!! It appears I am the only oen experiencing that so blame it on my game not me.

P.S Be sure to download my sequel when I'm done. Should be dont by the beginning of summer if i don't run into many problems like I did ith my last 2 RPGs.

P.S#2- How to enable teh BBCODE?
GriLlEd_ChEeSe guys im trying to upload my multiplayer scenario to this site but when i browse i cannot find me, can someone tell me where it might be besides in scenario? thank you!
Baseballkid14
File Author
Sure, all you have to do is follow this path.

Start Menu --> My Documents --> My Games --> Age of Mythology --> Scenario

OR...

Start Menu --> Search --> Scenario (or name of your scenario)

I think you did My computer instead and thats where you should normally go but.... The scenarios usually save in the My documents instead. Don't ask why.
Anonymoose
Will do the review tomorrow, was busy today and am too tired tonight.

Also, teh BBCODE is disabled here for some reason. There is no way to turn it on.
Anonymoose
I have a really slow connection, and I can't host this online due to the fact that it takes about 10 minutes to transfer to another player.

Nobody else seems to host this rpg, and, unable to playtest this rpg online again, I find it unfair to review it re-playing it in single-player.

Review Retracted.

[Edited on 03/23/08 @ 11:09 PM]

Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:630