New Files

Utility Programs » Random Map Script Sync Fix Patch

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Random Map Script Sync Fix Patch

Author File Description
nottud Install:

Extract the two files to:

HARD DRIVE>Program Files>Microsoft Games>Age of Mythology>Trigger2

The random map scripts you play should no longer sync every game for you. It was caused by your default trigger being different to everyone else's. These two files make sure your default trigger is changed back to normal with no other noticeable change to your game. It has already been used sucessfully to enable sword_of_valor to play my random map scripts online without syncs.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Baseballkid14 So basically, this is caused by changes in the typetest.xml file? So it's reyks editor and triggers that is causing this? Or something else completely?
nottud
Staff
File Author
When someone makes a typetest and it changes the default trigger you insert from setidleprocessing to something else it causes any of my random maps with triggers that are loaded to sync!

I try and avoid the problrem occuring by putting setidleprocessing as my first trigger and always for my first condition in my typetests.
hell_ruler_666 (Just wondering) How do u set your first trigger to Sedtle Processing?
hell_ruler_666
nottud
Staff
File Author
made it the first trigger in the trigger list
OzE_PyRoLeGion Would it be possible to make a patch that could fix Sync errors alltogether?(Like for maps so people dont have to rehost Ect.)
invent00r Why the typeZ file?

-invent00r
nottud
Staff
File Author
I didn't know which would fix it :p

No it is not possible to stop syncs altogether lol.
invent00r AoM will prase alphabetically. Few ppl on this forum seem to know how to use abecedarium IMHO. :(

Basically it means that the first condition and the first effect inside the first xml file, will be consider as default.

So the file should maybe even be called aFix.xml.
-invent00r
Green_Turtle So... all I did was make sure that none of my trigger files alphabetecally came before the deafault typetest.xml file. Isn't that a better fix than this because you don't have to download anything?

Edit: Ah! I get it! Because most all random maps that use triggers have the deafault condition and effect before the ones specified in the script, when one player online has different deafault triggers for thier game than another, things mess up and cause an OOS! Well thanks a ton for finding this out, nottud! You've just saved me from a ton of OOSes!

[Edited on 08/19/08 @ 04:46 PM]

dfkjghj so wait how do i switch the first trigger in my list like what file is it?
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:413
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:700.00 Bytes