Download File Post Review Post Comment

AoMH Boss Battle Competition 2008: HailToTheOboe

Author File Description
HailToTheOboe
File Details
Version: AoM
Prime
by HailToTheOboe

December 13 2008: Updated version added that SHOULD be compatible with titans. Download and play the "Prime for Titans" scenario, which uses the TT trigger loader instead of vanilla.

Storyline

You are in the shoes of Abramus Prime, a powerful shapeshifting hero on a crusade to save the world from evil. You are accompanied on your quest by four shapeshifting friends.

An evil shapeshifter by the name of Barmakkar has been plaguing the area. His lair is a massive cavern underneath a mountain where he mines materials and manufactures weaponry.

Will you lead Abramus Prime and his friends into the mines to defeat Barmakkar?

Features
3 Cinematics (Introduction, Victory, Defeat) containing lots of special effects

Quoted from "Yeebagooon":

S**t, those effects were so awesome. AND it was made in Vanilla!

and choreographed fight scenes. It is highly recommended that you download the music to go with the cinematics.

The introduction Cinematic is abortable, so if you have to restart, you can abort it immediately by hitting Esc to save the time, unless you want to watch it again.

As a shapeshifter, naturally, you can change shape. During gameplay, you have access to 6 forms, all of them accessible via hotkeys.

Shapeshift:Hotkey
Select Prime : 1
Anubite : 2
Manticore : 3
Battle Boar : 4
Colossus : 5
Valkyrie : 6
Frost Giant : 7

Of course, Barmakkar can shapeshift too, so he will be reacting to your changes by changing himself.
Every form has special attacks, advantages and disadvantages against other forms. As you play, you will have to try to figure out which unit counters which.

Here are some screenshots that are just a taste of what you will be experiencing.
(click to see full size)

Enjoy!

Many thanks go to all of the AoM community, especially those whose custom triggers I made heavy use of (invent00r, nottud, Mythic_Freak, pftq, invent00r, Archaeopterix, invent00r, and others who have submitted to the Trigger Request Thread)

Installation instructions are in the readme.txt

Prime.scn goes into Age of Mythology\Scenario
Sounds go into Age of Mythology\sounds
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Yeebaagooon
Staff
If people wish to review in the Boss Battle Competition style please use the following template:

Playability: (x/25 Points)
Playability analysis here.

Originality: (x/30 Points)
Originality analysis here.

Balance: (x/20 Points)
Balance analysis here.

Eyecandy: (x/15 points)
Eyecandy analysis here.

Humour / Extras: (x/10 Points)
Humour / Extras analysis here.

Divide final scores by 5 to give the rating out of 5. Also adhere to the Review Guidelines.
CoS_Infurn4tr1x Oboe-anything that works on Vanilla works on the titans(coz the titans is just an expansion to the origional game, so, yeh)
HailToTheOboe
File Author
That's what I would have assumed, but since I haven't tested it on TT I wouldn't know for sure.

I also have custom triggers that are "vanilla-ized" versions of AoT triggers under the same name but with different coding, and I don't know if there'd be some kind of conflict with using those in AoT.

[Edited on 07/20/08 @ 07:12 PM]

Yeebaagooon
Staff
It doesn't work on TT.
Shadcamper When i start the scenario up it says "game paused" why is this, and how do i change it.
HailToTheOboe
File Author
That is because I'm a fool who forgot to fix the simplest of all things after the last playtest before submitting it. Just hit the Pause/Break key on your keyboard to unpause it.

Heavy Murmillo hey how do you make a shapeshifting unit?

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:670
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:5.91 MB
Added:07/18/08