New Files

Modpacks » Sky Pack

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Sky Pack

Author File Description
Stephen Caines
File Details
Version: Both
This modpack adds nine new skies to AoM (note it should work on both AoM and AoMX).

To install just move the files to their respective folders e.g. from the zip file data folder to Age of Mythology/data, etc.

Once installed you can use the following additional sky types when using Render Sky in the Scenario Editor.

SkyCloud1
SkyCloud2
SkyCloud3
SkyCloud4
SkyDusk2
SkyMordor
SkyNight
SkyOrange
SkyRed

The sky textures were sourced from http://www.noctua-graphics.de/english/Tex/sky.htm
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
D_Bonas Awesome I was wondering how to put a blue sky and clouds into the sky
Leto II Can you post some screens?
Stephen Caines
File Author
Follow the link I added in the credits.
Mephiles
(id: Titan602)
Wow, that's great! Before I download, I want to know whether it works online and see some screenshots. :)
Stephen Caines
File Author
You can download shots of all the skies at www.diino.com.

If you haven't already got the diino client you need to install it first. It can be downloaded for free from here:
www.diino.com/download.html

To access the Legends of Middle Earth folder, you start diino and login using the following information:

username: lomefiles
password: guardian

The file is called New Terrains and Skies.pdf.

Note the .pdf is about 3-times the size of the mod!

As for working online, it should work but if a player doesn't have the texture/model they will just get the black sky.

[Edited on 07/24/08 @ 06:51 PM]

thatguyheis Hey im new can you tell me were exactly to put the files? Thanks
Khaiseri
(id: NagaMyrmidon)
Does it work online?
Stephen Caines
File Author
To install just move the files to their respective folders e.g. from the zip file data folder to Age of Mythology/data, etc.

This means that once you extract the files from the .zip would will create three sub folders: data, models, textures. In these folders will be a bunch of files. Move all the files from each .zip folder to the Age of Mythology sub-folder on the same name.

As for online, it might work if both players have the mod installed, otherwise, but I am not sure. If it doesn't get a sync error and one player does not have the mod installed I assume they will just have a black sky.

If someone tries it, please let me know.
Corlius
Rating
Rating: 4
(Insert Rating analysis here)

Additional Comments: very good, how is it made
Stephen Caines
File Author
@Corlius - The sky is based on two sets of four 256x256 bit maps (although the only difference between the two sets of the existing ones is the lightness and their is no reason that they can't all be the same - a plain blue sky for example). These bitmaps get replicated about 4 times each, around a skyxx.brg - this is just a big model that wraps around the centre of the map.

To create a new sky you need to get a good picture that can wrap around (e.g. the left hand edge of frame 1 lines up with the right hand edge of frame 4, so the image when wrapped serveral times around the sky doesn't have seams). These then get converted to .ddt paletted 16-bit 0 bit(4), 1-mip level (from memory but convert an existing one to be sure).

You then need to take a copy of an existing sky.brg and hex edit it to point to the new set of .ddts (skies don't use _anims, so you can't use replaceTexture).

The existing skyies uses a standard set of file names mysky_xx and my_sky_xx2.

The sequence for the normal versions is
_BK, _RT, _FR, _LF

and for the darker set

_FR2, _LF2, _BK2, _RT2

In the standard AOM skies I looked at the darker one was the same basic skymap as the corresponding one in the normal list.

I was going to try a few more with mountain ranges and distant forests.

Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:849
Favorites: [Who?]1