Download File Post Review Post Comment

Gargarensis Rap

Author File Description
PurpleWorm
File Details
Screenshot:
Version: AoM: The Titans
Gargarensis Rap by PurpleWorm

To install place the .SCX file (GargarensisRap-PurpleWorm.scx) into your Scenario Folder in
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology and move the four sound files into your
sound folder in the Age of Mythology Directory.

This scenario contains a 5 minute cinematic (or rather music video) including the following:

• Gargarensis Rapping
  • Various Unimportant Characters (ie: Kemsyt, the twit, Arkantos the meek, and Pharaoh, the dead)
  • Fair Eyecandy
  • An upbeat tune with voice-overs
  • Subtitles to parallel rapping

This scenario was made in a brief hiatus from my larger projects and thus won't be looked at again if it needs fixing until much, much, later. If you find yourself personally insulted by the millisecond timing difficulties between either the tracks and the rapping or the subtitles and the rapping, please don't tell me. It's extremely difficult to sync voice-overs when you're doing a music video that requires staying on beat when you don't have any good sound equipment. I spent an entire week working on synchronization and I don't plan on spending any more time.

If you are experiencing major timing difficulties, it is due to lag since the synchronization is greatly affected by such. If the words are WAY off, try closing CPU hogs and start again.

Side-Note: The Voice-Overs tend to overpower the music, so if you wish to view the file without them, remove all sound files save the GaragarensisRapMusic.mp3 one. I would however recommend watching with them before you remove them.

The Voice-Overs, Music and Scenario were all composed by PurpleWorm.

~~~

You can contact me by my email purpleworm1@gmail.com or by my forum name PurpleWorm.

Feel free to rate/review, keeping in mind the difficulties surrounding a music video.

• AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
    Xerxes 3902 Bravo.

Excellent cinematic, good lyrics and sound quality and overall excellent coordination and quality. I like the music.

I recommend to anyone looking for a short humorous break :)

[Edited on 08/07/08 @ 02:56 AM]

MasterBeef Good job, Purple! Very original. Hope to see more of your work! I really reccommend ppl DLing this! :)

[Edited on 08/07/08 @ 08:52 AM]

Weed Basket
    (id: Baske)
    Rating
    Breakdown
    Playability5.0
    Balance4.0
    Creativity5.0
    Map Design3.0
    Story/Instructions5.0
    Playability: 5
    I'll take playability as smooth camera tracks: and they were awesome. Every small piece of this film was enjoyable. It ran smooth and some scenes were just awesome to look at, like the beginning scene. That was just marvelously worked out.

Balance: 4
    I'll talk about the Play Dialog function here. It was nearly perfectly synched. Every now and then too early or too late. I cannot give you 5 here as it's just not completely perfect.

All that needs to be improved is some minor synching. Good job!

Creativity: 5
    How can this not be creative? As far as I know this is the very first rap, and hell, it even rhimed, and on top of that it was an ejoyable rap as well. I hope this sets a new trend, although having to measure with this one might drop some people. This is high quality stuff ;) Well done.

Map Design: 3
    The very first scene was a gorgeous scene, mix that with the music and it becomes perfect. The city was very nicely worked out and looked beautiful. As did the rest of this cinematic.

All I missed was, well, eyecandy that made me go 'wow'. This missed, but that should not be a problem at all, as the clip itself is very nice to watch. 3 out of 5 for this one.

Story/Instructions: 5
    I'll take the rap itself to rate this one, and it was excellent. It rhimed, it was enjoyable, and it had an excellent story. What is there left for me to say here? 5 out 5.

Additional Comments:

All in all, this was a great film, or should I say music clip? As far as I'm concerned, this is a must-download. And I sincerely hope this is the beginning of a new use of the AoM Editor.

Well done Purple!

[Edited on 08/07/08 @ 06:30 PM]

Meitnerium109
    Rating
    Breakdown
    Playability5.0
    Balance4.0
    Creativity5.0
    Map Design5.0
    Story/Instructions4.0
    Alright, first, let me say that my PC played the sound too slow, so it wasn't synced for me. But since I see that nobody else has had this problem (my computer is too fast lol), there is simply no point to marking you down for it.

Playability: 5
    This was simply amazing. Good rap mixed with nice eye candy. The actions were perfect too, and the camera angles suitable and skilled.

Balance: 4
    Even though my PC was off-sync anyway, I can naturally tell the dialog is off at some parts. But since you don't care, I guess I'm just lowering your score to annoy you. (Also, the dialog was off mostly in the beginning, after the first chorus it appears to be fine.)

Creativity: 5
    Obviously, there is no other score you can give with good original music and lyrics. The lyrics all made sense and the music was good, even without lyrics. In fact, the music is nice to listen to without the lyrics. I'm listening to it right now. Very dark and regal sounding.

Map Design: 5
    Very nice looking, especially the city in the intro. Lighting was among the best parts, it changed often but always suited the music's mood. The battle between Arkantos and Gargarensis was quite nice. How could I ask for any more?

Story/Instructions: 4
    Personally, I would prefer it if the vocals were less "synthetic" sounding, (BTW, you pronounced Arkantos wrong) but besides that, the song is perfect. Also, the intro is a little long, but that doesn't really take away from the ending experience since it's a suitable buildup.

Additional Comments:
    It was a joy to watch.

[Edited on 05/30/09 @ 08:05 AM]

Yeebaagooon
    Staff
    Meitnerium109, please lengthen that review to at least 3 lines per category or you risk losing it.
    rolandas Hi,its good cuz i like it!rythms are good!everything else is fantastic! Good job,purple

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
    Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
    Forgot password?
    Rating
    Breakdown
    Playability5.0
    Balance4.0
    Creativity5.0