Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Miscellaneous Files » AoM Code Reference

Download File Post Review Post Comment

AoM Code Reference

Author File Description
Mythic_Freak Note: the contents of this archive are outdated! The most recent version is hosted on GitHub.
Source: https://github.com/mythicfreak/aomcodereference
Reference: https://mythicfreak.github.io/aomcodereference/

This reference should be useful for the all-round AoM scripter. It has a list of commands about:
* Artificial Intelligence
* Configuration Settings
* Console/Editor Commands
* External Subroutines
* Knowledge Base
* Random Map Scripts
* Triggers
* User Interfaces
* Victory Conditions
* ESO Interfaces

This is my personal effort to consolidate all information regarding AoM scripting in 1 location. Because I combined so many sources, I cannot guarantee that everything is 100% correct, but it will certainly get you a long way.

I hope it can be as useful to you as has already been for me! :)

Mythic_Freak
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
That AoM Guy
(id: aom expert)
shall take a look.
FlyDays
Rating
Rating: 5
(Insert Rating analysis here)

Additional Comments:
This document is well organized, and clearly demonstrated;
This is by far the most complete collection of xscript language, it will help a lot to AI scripters when such a valuable offical document is absent.
Words can't express my thanks to you. Give it a rating of 5.
Mythic_Freak
File Author
Thanks for the review! ^^
rjs23
Rating
(Insert Rating analysis here)

Additional Comments:
AoM Code Reference is a very well written reference and has many simplified notes and details for each function/classes. Just as flydays has said but not only it contains descriptions for each XS and AI functions but it also contains descriptions for RMS, TR, and VC too so it is very helpful to RMS scripters. I simply use this reference to help me build a trigger system for XS GEN that made XS GEN trigger feature possible. Thanks Mythic_Freak. I give it 5.0 stars cause he almost killed himself making this perfect Reference for Age of Mythology.
Mythic_Freak
File Author
Thanks. ^^

I made an update, and included the original AI reference file, because there the constants are sorted by type.
Green_Turtle
Rating
Simply astounding. You included so much information and it must've taken forever, this is like the best thing EVER! It helped me find something I've been looking for for a long time! Just wait till notud sees this... he'll EXPLODE! This is so good I can no longer express it in owrds!!!!!!!
nottud
Staff
Cool - But no I won't explode.

I take it more as a useful utility - not an attempt to rival me. :p

EDIT:I noticed a disable trigger group command and an enable trigger group command. Does this mean I could make a trigger that enables or disables every trigger in a certain group?

[Edited on 09/03/08 @ 04:09 PM]

Mythic_Freak
File Author
I don't think they are related to the trigger groups you know in the editor. In pure XS, a group is an indication added to a rule so that they can be activated and disabled with the function you mentioned.

I never use trigger groups in scenarios, but now I think about it, it's very likely that they get translated to such a statement.
Green_Turtle I think it does because the main reason why putting " in chats and such it because the triggers in a scenario file are XML encoded and the group tags contain all the triggers, so it's very likely that the code disables all the triggers in a group. I guess that just testing will prove the answer. ;)
Mythic_Freak
File Author
Another update.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating