Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Miscellaneous Files » AoM Code Reference

Download File Post Review Post Comment

AoM Code Reference

Author File Description
Mythic_Freak Note: the contents of this archive are outdated! The most recent version is hosted on GitHub.
Source: https://github.com/mythicfreak/aomcodereference
Reference: https://mythicfreak.github.io/aomcodereference/

This reference should be useful for the all-round AoM scripter. It has a list of commands about:
* Artificial Intelligence
* Configuration Settings
* Console/Editor Commands
* External Subroutines
* Knowledge Base
* Random Map Scripts
* Triggers
* User Interfaces
* Victory Conditions
* ESO Interfaces

This is my personal effort to consolidate all information regarding AoM scripting in 1 location. Because I combined so many sources, I cannot guarantee that everything is 100% correct, but it will certainly get you a long way.

I hope it can be as useful to you as has already been for me! :)

Mythic_Freak
Pages: « First « 1 [2]
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Milkman Matty
(id: Khan And Steak)
Rating
Rating: 4.5
I have been looking for something like this for over a year and a half.
AND I FINALLY FOUND IT! This shows the downloaded every code (or very close to) that exists. This is has heaps and heaps of very well organised and explained coding, for those people who have not seen and do not know all of the coding. As I said before I have been looking for one of these for RM for yonks, I am very pleased that you made this. The only thing that I could suggest, and I know why you haven't done it, but still; is to add an example in the detailed breakdown. This would be very time consuming and the AoM Code Reference is still very good as it is.

Additional Comments:
Thank you so much!
Mythic_Freak
File Author
Aww, there goes my 5 streak... :p

Anyway, thanks!

"The only thing that I could suggest, and I know why you haven't done it, but still; is to add an example in the detailed breakdown. This would be very time consuming and the AoM Code Reference is still very good as it is." - KaS

I've thought of this before, but I'm still not quite sure if this document is the right place for such examples. It's not a place to actually learn how to use code (that would be Master XS for example), it's supposed to provide you with an easy reference of possible functions and their parameters/return types.

Maybe I can add a little example to the most important (or confusing) functions the next time I'm bored. :D

[Edited on 10/01/08 @ 09:30 AM]

Elrich
Staff
This has been a godsend after months of scouring old code and websearches for bits of parts of commands with no help at all. This document has opened a new wave of features in scenario programming.

[Edited on 02/04/09 @ 09:48 AM]

invent00r
Rating
Rating: 5
Just realized I never posted here. Silly me.

Well, this is very well designed - a java like reference, both for AoM and AoT expansion. It's remarkably easy to use and to understand, and provides a very good compilation of most of the commands for this game.

Finally, the completeness is seen as it includes the plain text reference files, thus providing two ways of navigation.

Additional Comments:
It's very important to anyone to wants to make Triggers, AI or RM. No matter how much time I spend programing for AoM, I still use reference all the time. A must. :).
Mythic_Freak
File Author
Updated.
Mythic_Freak
File Author
These files haven't been updated in a while. I decided to provide a link to my own webspace where the most recent version will always be hosted.

I also documented some ESO interfaces in this update.
keyboard
Rating
Rating: 5

Too bad only 860 downloads. This is really a masterpiece.
Pages: « First « 1 [2]

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:1,029
Favorites: [Who?]9