Part 3: Fan - Artz

"Vengeance is the first thing he begins with"

Attention all RPG gamers on AOM.

- This is your time to feels the brand new RPG in front you -

Files Description Size
Scenarios Panos's Intro and Panos's Journey 781 kb
Lightnings Two Lightnings that will be used in this Demo Scenario 594 bytes
Others Some Proto Files, and .xml, and anim 84 kb

For more information, link to this Thread.

if there's any bugs, please, tell me.

any feedback would be appreciated.

give the Feedback or Bug Problems on Part 1 of this Download

The Table should remains as in the Part 1

This Download contains Loading Background, Splash Background, and Hi-Res Desktop Background.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Archos Medomai
File Author
I think I have a mistake for posting this thread.
forget to change the HTML.

I'll update it soon.
Story_Master Playability: 5
Playing this RPG is very Inspirational to me as the game ass all new Things in RPG, I enjoyed the RPG very much and hope you will continue this Type of RPG.

Balance: 5
The Balance and Equality is Decided with Good effort as the Enemies are as your Level and Bosses are like Bosses.
Some of these Enemies are quite easy, but they can put up a good fight!!

Creativity: 5
Your New Techniques are probably the most Creative RPG's i've ever played, you must have quite a good Imagination, and the Chat uses are very well used in this type of RPG. In the Future i hope you still use these Techniques and Increase your Creativity to your Limits!!

Map Design: 4
The Map Designs was Very well thought.
Though the Eyecandy was very Strong, i could've notice that some parts had Strong Eyecandy but some had weak points as well.
I also hope you can add more Terrain Combos!!

Story/Instructions: 5
The Story has been planed quite well as a Demo, i'm aching what the Story is going to be Next!! The Instructions is very Helpful as you put a lot of Effort Trying to Explain the player in th most Simplist way, Good job!!

Additional Comments:
I Hope you Can Discover more, New and Powerful Techniques in your RPG's as they are the Best i've ever seen! This is a must play for all who likes RPGS.
Story_Master

[Edited on 10/12/08 @ 11:35 AM]

Banoffee nubcake reveiw
pharoh_elite
Rating
Breakdown
Playability2.0
Balance3.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions3.0
Playability: 2
The map could be extremely playable however it's just too busy. There's so much going on that it affects the players ability to get on with the game. There are also countless bugs and possible errors that can be encountered when playing which really undervalues the creative input into this scenario. The mount/dismount is extremely clever yet it causes the entire screen to turn red which is annoying to say the least and spoils the viewing of the excellent map design. You employed the use of fixed camera well it has to be said but it was far too hard to kill enemies and the potions took too long to use. Perhaps you could have used the command "-p" to speed it up.

Balance: 3
As said before, it was very difficult to play. I just kept on dying and it seemed ridiculous to save after every little battle. The camera angles in the cinematics were however very well implemented however I hated most of the lighting, it's a style that really doesn't appeal to me. I would recommend use of autosave in this scenario or a respawn system.

Creativity: 5
Jam-packed of creative RPG juice! this is what RPGs should be trying to achieve. Your creativity seems limitless here, I loved the opening of the treasure chests and whilst I said earlier that it was too busy, and indeed it was, the elements themselves were inspiring. One just couldn't take full appreciation of them as it was all firing at you at the same time. This being said, the creativity of this scenario was a breath of fresh air from a lot of modern scenario designs.

Map Design: 5
Couldn't fault you here, fantastic map design all round, great use of embellishments on the ground, realistic use of rocks, fantastic. I didn't quite understand the use of the spiraling arkantos god SFX but i suppose, this is fantasy after all. Excellent work.

Story/Instructions: 3
As stated earlier, the instructions were confusing and unclear. Things kept happening and just as i had finished reading it something else happened and something else and then i was attacked and it was so disorientating, in a strangely good way at first but it just became frustrating after a while. I would also suggest lengthening the time to user has to read the messages. Some of those messages could easily have been included in the objectives banner at the start telling you what each thing means, this would cut down on the countless chat messages. The story itself was good although a little lacking in the beginning-middle-end/cause & effect department. There were also grammatical and spelling errors, the demo is forgivable but if you release anything in the future i would recommend playtesting it through native english speakers.

Additional Comments:
This scenario has the potential to be a straight 5 if it were revamped, altered somewhat, cleaned up and resubmitted. It's a shame that you've canceled the project although I would advise against assuming a faultless rating, nothing is faultless and the egotism of saying that makes players even more critical, aim for a 5, expect a 4, anywhere above is a bonus.

*The above review has been posted here since staff have been unable to remove the above review which should have been posted at PART 1 (http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=7947), This issue was reported on 18/09/2008 but unresolved.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability2.0
Balance3.0
Creativity5.0