Download File Post Review Post Comment

Alps Mountains

Author File Description
Ryder25
(id: tasev)
File Details
Screenshot:
Version: AoM
V1. A snow map with mountains scattered around the land with some protecting settlement and town centers. Also added a trigger effect to make it snow.

V2. Same thing except now mountains are bigger and can be climbed on.

2009 Oct 23. Minor edits. Added an icon, cleaned up the name in game for v2 and add information text when you rollover on the map.

Install AoM:
1. Put xml and xs files in RM
2. Put tga file in textures\ui

Install TT:
1. Put xml and xs files in RM2
2. Put tga file in textures\ui

If you would like to modify how much mountains the map has open Alps.xs and search for " numTries=10*cNumberNonGaiaPlayers;" without the quotes. Then change 10 to some other number to increase or decrease the number of mountains.

You can also edit the size of mountains by editing this line: rmSetAreaSize(cliffID, rmAreaTilesToFraction(200), rmAreaTilesToFraction(400)); by changing the numbers.

Have fun!

PS If you would like to edit this map please give me credits and rename your file so that it does not conflict with these files.

Thx to RJS and his xs gen editor for the snow trigger and to Green_Turtle for telling me about Kronos unbalance.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Green_Turtle Jeez 94 downloads and no comments... well I found this to be a very good map and I'd recommend it to everyone, especially those who like a defensive game. One problem I found was that if a cliff is big enogh or in a certain place a the edge of the map a Kronos player could easily timeshift a tower and then make nother tower that's out of range or ranged units and make all the other players give up, thus him winning the game. Maybe you could make a version 2 or 1.01 where there are paths to the cliffs?
Ryder25
File Author
thx! and for being the first one to comment :P

As for the Kronos thing, can't you use a catapult or something like that? or is it still too far? I'll try and see if I can fix this.

EDIT: Fixed it!

[Edited on 08/31/08 @ 06:36 PM]

Green_Turtle Awsome! It looks cooler too! And the ability to chose from v1 to v2 is awsome as well!

GREAT JOB!
Ryder25
File Author
thx, I'm so glad you like it :)

Does anyone have any other good map ideas?

[Edited on 09/01/08 @ 03:53 PM]

Aflay Thanks for making this one AOM Accessible. I hope to find out what Green Turtle meant in his first comment in the coming year when I might consider getting The Titans Expansion. Titans rule!

[Edited on 10/22/08 @ 07:29 AM]

Roshi This map really looks promising, I'm already downloading it.
PhotoHound
Rating
Rating: 4.5
Pretty nice RMS. Different enough to be fun and re-playable. Enough resources, relics and settlements to fight over. The AI does very well and puts up a decent fight.

Additional Comments:
Thanks for the new map!
saviel nice map it would be awesome if u could make a bigger one in greek style !
hash_ak_gik
Rating
Rating: 5
(Insert Rating analysis here)

Additional Comments:
Good map. The snow effect was a nice touch.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:4,805
Favorites: [Who?]1
Size:121.11 KB