Browse Categories
New Files

Miscellaneous Files » Lupus' Menu Backgrounds 2

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Lupus' Menu Backgrounds 2

Author File Description
Lupus Lupus' Menu Backgrounds 2
Menu backgrounds for Age of Mythology: The Titans Expansion

I have converted some of my screenshots at AoM eyecandy showcase into backggrounds.
It is possible to just chose a few backgrounds to use if you don't like them all. You must however download them all.

Important
The lighting "menuArctic" is also used in the Beach menu.

The folder contains more information of how you can customize your menus. Read the INFORMATION.txt file.

Quoted from "nottud":

If you wish to view these menus using my editor suerpack. Rename the scenarios to one of the names in the main menu chooser dropdown box and select it to set that menu as your background until you quit the game.

Screenshots

Beach

Swamp

Temple
It kind of easy to change camera angle on this one. Just enter the editor and find the Camera Cut-trigger. Try to find a good angle and Set Cut. Save.

Arctic (updated from the previous arctic menu)
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Yeebaagooon
Staff
Excellent idea, turning screenshots into menus is really great :D.

I'll be using the temple one with a minimised interface.
Nick The Hun
(id: Nick_The_Hunn)
the download comes as called, i was getting bored of the original one again xD great job :D
Lupus
File Author
Thanks! I'm glad you like the idea.
Yeebaagooon
Staff
Rating
I should get back on my full screen thing I was going to do.

Rating: 4.5
While the eyecandy in your shots is excellent, you cannot get a 5 because there are some things that need improving.

My favourite ones were the Beach because of the lovely island in perspective and the excellent horizon. I also liked the Sun Temple, and it was a pleasure to look at.

You didn't get a 5 because of two reasons:

The first is inconsistency. Some of your screenshots were spectacular, however I felt the Arctic screenshot felt a bit empty (A bit unfair, as in real life it is empty) and I think you could have used a better terrain than coral on the swamp one. It looks like it's underwater to me.

The second reason is that your menus are just screenshots. You should have at least added a few triggers to make them look more active (like people and birds moving around etc.).

Other than that, this is a great menu collection, and I would recommend a download to everyone who wants a more interesting main menu. :)

Additional Comments:

Keep it up ;).
MrEmjeR
(id: EmjeR)
exelent, how did u post the images in the file description? thought the screenshot upload thing in the submit form was only possible way.
Nick The Hun
(id: Nick_The_Hunn)
artic was empty, it needs life like birds, also the temple could need some empowering priests :P or sacrifing villagers (getting sacrafied XD)
or vills repairing the right lower piece of the temple ^^

hmm sadly we dont got pinquins :(
i would love to see a yeebaquin jk :P

[Edited on 09/02/08 @ 03:47 PM]

Lupus
File Author
I have my reasons of why some of the menus is quite empty.
Defence speech here:
http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=13&tn=27118&st=recent&f=13,27118,0,10

The pictures is simply added with BBC-coding. That is nowadays possible here. :)

[Edited on 09/02/08 @ 05:18 PM]

nottud
Staff
If you wish to view these menus using my editor suerpack. Rename the scenarios to one of the names in the main menu chooser dropdown box and select it to set that menu as your background until you quit the game.
RomanianKid Whoa! Dude that is awsome!
Green_Turtle Hey! How'd you get the really awsome water in the screenshot for the beach!? It just looks normal for me in the game!
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:623
Favorites: [Who?]0