Download File Post Review Post Comment

The Assassins

Author File Description
Dope
File Details
Screenshot:
Version: Both
Dope presents.... THE ASSASSINS

I present you my first solo mod The Assassins. This mod introduces four completely new units to your game. Those units are Greek, Egyptyan, Norse and Atlantean assasin. They are much diferent than any unit you've previously seen in AoM. Their purpose is to kill one specific target with a single strike. Every assassin uses a unique weapon and has diferent atributes to make him/her diferent from other assassins. This makes every assassin unique because they all have their strenghts but each one has a weakness too. It's up to you to play the game with every assassin and choose your favourite.

You can use the assasins in you created scenarios or train them in game. When playing a random map or a B&D scenario you can train the assasins at your market staring from Age 3. You can only train one assasin type depending on your civilisation and you can only train one assasin.

PSSST....It's possible to train more than one assassin in game without editing any data files, but you'll have to find that trick on your own... good luck;)

MOD FEATURES:

4 completely new units
High quality models
High quality textures
Histories
Works in Random Maps(Assassins are trained at the market in Age 3)

For more info and pics of the mod check the showcase:

http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=19,27111,0,all

This mod's xpacklanguage.dll is compactible with Master_Foozles SPQR mod. This means you'll have all unit names from SPQR and THE ASSASSINS in game. If you don't have SPQR the game won't be affected in any way.

Read the ReadMe.txt file for further instructions about the mod instalation, uninstalation..etc.

Enjoy...
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Anstar10 hi first download oh yeah looks cool
Athens_2008 This sounds good...cant wait to see how it plays :P

only one thing, this look just like copied units that are over powered, only one that looks origanal is greek one :P
Dope
File Author
The units are all based on AoM units. There are no new models only new textures.

BTW I've updated it now to include language.dll and xpacklanguage.dll. This means you'll have unit names in game.
Athens_2008 lol, dope games...
PoleRBear Maybe you should just put in a .txt file that has the protox parts for those certain charcters, because if people have already downloaded lots of mods before this, it'd just make it harder :P. -PoleRBear
PoleRBear
Rating
Rating: 3
Designs were good, but you made them all out of characters in the game, not from scratch. When the characters are idle, they look like they do in cinematic mode. That can really tire the computer (only if you're using an old one). That I think you should change, otherwise it could cause problems.

Additional Comments:
Nice design! I'm really looking foward to playing with them.

[Edited on 10/15/08 @ 02:36 AM]

Dope
File Author
I didn't notice the units causing lag on my PC and I wanted them to look good. Thet's why they're using cinematic models. I'll make a version that uses only normal models and update it tomorrow.

I didn't make any new models because AoM default models fit in just fine and I'm workingon many models for Epic Studios so I was busy.
Shadowbr2 DOPE IF YOU ARE ALIVE HERE i need help i dont know the why but your mod assassin dont apear on market i read your readme and installed everything but still dont´s work i have both aom and aom TT can u help me?
Dope
File Author
The only reason I can think of for that to happen is that you haven't installed techtree(x) properly.
BSU_DoLhades It just so happens I have been making a series called 'assassins'

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:1,469
Favorites: [Who?]0